Nervous about the side effects

L

larisafox

Premium Member
May 20, 2020
Australia
Hi guys, I got prescribed duromine (15mg to start with) by my doctor this morning, she advised me to start taking them tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up. I'm kinda nervous as I have read some bad reviews... what am I in for? :grinning:

Reactions: Chase
C

Chase

Standard Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys, I got prescribed duromine (15mg to start with) by my doctor this morning, she advised me to start taking them tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up. I'm kinda nervous as I have read some bad reviews... what am I in for? :grinning:
I only got a dry mouth with mine :) best of luck!

Dora

Dora

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2019
Australia
@larisafox I'm on day 3 of the 30mg, I've noticed dry mouth, and my all-time favorite Pepsi max tastes yuck. I also have had trouble sleeping, but I've always been a bad sleeper.

E

Edelweiss

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2019
Queensland
@larisafox I'm a week in. The first day I struggled to concentrate, but that settled quickly. Apart from the dry mouth, the only other side effect I've had is trouble sleeping, but that's only been for a couple of hours each night, and I'm certainly not at all tired.

L

larisafox

Premium Member
May 20, 2020
Australia
@larisafox I'm a week in. The first day I struggled to concentrate, but that settled quickly. Apart from the dry mouth, the only other side effect I've had is trouble sleeping, but that's only been for a couple of hours each night, and I'm certainly not at all tired.
Oh, good to know :)

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Dear larisafox,

15 mg is the smallest dose of Duromine. You shouldn't have severe adverse reactions with it.
Drink more water and keep us posted about your progress :kissing_heart:

Reactions: larisafox
Dora

Dora

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2019
Australia
I was a bit nervous starting too, I work with someone who said they really messed up her head, others said they never ate or slept...but I reckon the most severe thing I've had so far is the dry mouth but that just encourages you to drink more water ;)

L

larisafox

Premium Member
May 20, 2020
Australia
I was a bit nervous starting too, I work with someone who said they really messed up her head, others said they never ate or slept...but I reckon the most severe thing I've had so far is the dry mouth but that just encourages you to drink more water ;)
This is true lol but if u made urself eat and set an alarm at stupid oclock in the morning to take a tablet I'm sure it would be manageable wouldn't it? Or is it to the point where they really physically couldn't? :expressionless:

Dora

Dora

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2019
Australia
This is true lol but if u made urself eat and set an alarm at stupid oclock in the morning to take a tablet I'm sure it would be manageable wouldn't it? Or is it to the point where they really physically couldn't? :expressionless:
It sounded like they just couldn't. I take mine at stupid o'clock during one of the many times I wake up in the early morning. Then take half a restavit at night to help me get to sleep. I still make myself eat even though I'm not really hungry, just feel a little peckish, and I've noticed junky stuff tastes a bit off so it's easier to make healthier choices.

Dora

Dora

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2019
Australia
Even with crappy side effects if I can lose weight, it's all worth it :relieved:

L

larisafox

Premium Member
May 20, 2020
Australia
Even with crappy side effects if I can lose weight, it's all worth it :relieved:
That's my theory too! I'm excited but nervous! Lol i really want to take it now but i would like to sleep tonight haha

K

Katy

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2019
Australia
Take before 6am and drink lots of water and you'll be fine :)

SayWhat

SayWhat

Premium Member
May 24, 2018
Sydney
Take 5.30-6 in morning.. yeah, drink plenty of water. You might not want to but trust me you will feel it on the second day.. So drink...Lol.. get at least 8 hours sleep. The next day when you take this, you will feel the energy and not tired. But then you need to make sure you get 8 hours every night. Otherwise, you will feel tired. I better get to sleep..lol

ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris

Standard Member
Jan 23, 2017
Brisbane
Thanks chicki good night :blush::zzz:
Hi Larisafox,

How did you go? When I first got my prescription I left it in the draw for months as I was terrified of the side effects.

1st week, headaches and dry mouth - mainly due to not eating enough, as I was not hungry, so I started to eat small meals and headache disappeared.

Dry mouth - this never went away for me, I can drink 3 litres a day and still parched. I feel like I walked the desert for months LOLOL

This is my second time on Duromine in 5 years, I only ever had 1 single prescription before when I plateaued on my diet and needed a boost.

Good luck :) :)