• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
HI. i have been on fluoxotine but an on a different combination of meds now. I had no side effects besides a few sleepless nights. Its much safer on your meds than off. GOOD LUCK. Cassie

cassieriordan said:
HI. i have been on fluoxotine but an on a different combination of meds now. I had no side effects besides a few sleepless nights. Its much safer on your meds than off. GOOD LUCK. Cassie
Thanks Cassie Really excited and motivated.

Hi,
I am starting my course tomorrow, 30mg. Am hoping to shift 40kg on this stuff, but I keep reading bad reviews. Would love some positive reviews please :) So nervous.

Reactions: jaslyn
Hi there, I have been on Duromine exactly 3 weeks and 1 day. Don't stress about the bad reviews, it seems nobody ever wants to write about the good stuff. I've had a half assed attempt at writing a blog which describes my experience with Duromine, but basically it's all good. I started on 15mg and it did nothing, I found 30mg every 2nd day to work for me. I tried taking 30mg every day and it gave me bad side effects by the 3rd day, so I dropped back to every 2nd day and it's great. I guess everyone's body is different. The only thing I can say is remember to eat a little bit, even if you're not hungry, otherwise you'll get very tired. Duromine has been the kick start I needed to lose weight because it dulled my appetite and gave me more energy - I basically eat too much and I'm too exhausted to exercise! It's not a miracle drug but it can be a huge help if you're struggling. My doctor says if I stick to the 3 months that Duromine can offer support, then that is long enough to form new dietary habits - I hope she's right! She says after 3 months it's effectiveness wears off, so it's important to make the time you're on it count. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Fantastic! Thanks so much Jaslyn. That's all I needed to hear. I am also on the 30mg and have heard every second day is better. So I might try that to start. Plus it will be cheaper on the pocket!

If you have health insurance check with them, they might cover non pbs prescriptions. I didn't know that mine did, so I paid full price for the first box. It's quite expensive but remember it's not forever, and it's an investment in your health.

IsabellaGrace said:
I have been on Duromine for 8 days straight so far and I have not eaten anything only been consuming water and I honestly feel fine. I have lost around 4 kilos and am excited for my end results ;)
When you come off it though you will put on a lot .. It's so important you eat breakfast .. have a protein shake at least :)

jaslyn said:
Hi there, I have been on Duromine exactly 3 weeks and 1 day. Don't stress about the bad reviews, it seems nobody ever wants to write about the good stuff. I've had a half assed attempt at writing a blog which describes my experience with Duromine, but basically it's all good. I started on 15mg and it did nothing, I found 30mg every 2nd day to work for me. I tried taking 30mg every day and it gave me bad side effects by the 3rd day, so I dropped back to every 2nd day and it's great. I guess everyone's body is different. The only thing I can say is remember to eat a little bit, even if you're not hungry, otherwise you'll get very tired. Duromine has been the kick start I needed to lose weight because it dulled my appetite and gave me more energy - I basically eat too much and I'm too exhausted to exercise! It's not a miracle drug but it can be a huge help if you're struggling. My doctor says if I stick to the 3 months that Duromine can offer support, then that is long enough to form new dietary habits - I hope she's right! She says after 3 months it's effectiveness wears off, so it's important to make the time you're on it count. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Plain and simple. I like your short experience/recommendation! Couldn't have said it better myself :)
Yes, Heidzho, we are different, and our bodies act differently on Duromine. But from my experience, the pills do help to minimize cravings and form healthy eating habits. But you should try harder and cook healthy meals every day! It is not easy to quit old habits (fastfood restaurants, sweets, etc.) but all achievable. Just love your body and it will love you back!

Good luck and keep posting!

Reactions: Heidzho and jaslyn
Are most of you on 30mg? Will my Dr up me to 30mg if 15mg does nothing? Its been 3 days on 15mg and i am HUNGRY!!

I lasted 4 days on 15mg and I was starving, so my doctor upped it to 30mg which works, but I usually take it every 2nd day.

Thanks so much Kate, I am very much enthusiastic and looking forward to finding myself again. I have been wrapped in a little cuddly blanket for over 12 months now. I try to love myself, but I think having a goal to lose a certain amount, eat right etc. is giving me a light at the end of the tunnel. Especially a mumma of 3 kiddies, who doesn't get alot of me time.

Reactions: Kate
Hello ,
Iam 33 years old
Mother of 3
And married
My Starting weight 119.4 kg
My Goal weight 85 kg

Well my first day I started taking duromine at 9.30am as I had to get the prescription filled. So soon as it was in my hand i Brought a bottle of water and took my first pill.

And went and did my shopping. Well I waited and waited for all the scary side effects to happen. But didn't get any .
By lunch time I was a bit spaced out but other than that it was like any other day. I have started drinking water and can drink over 2 litres a day.

My doctor wants me to do optifast shakes with fruit during the day so I done that and never felt really hungry till about 430pm Then about 630pm we had dinner. I feel calm and good still no serious side-effects. As I sit here reading other people stories and I'm thinking are my tablets actually working??

I was tired during the day so I was able to have a sleep. it's 11pm about to head to bed see how I go sleeping tonight .
I will write back tomorrow tellyou know I went.
Thanks you every one who takes the time to read my blog. Any tips help or just a chat comment below xxxx

Day two

I got about three hours sleep last nigh woke up this morning It was a weird feeling I actually felt quite amazing after only having three hours sleep I was not tired or grumpy like I'm usually am in the morning it was a breeze to get the kids ready for school.
But then on the other hand I worry that these tablets are not working because I have had no other side-effects apart from a dry mouth and not much sleep.
I'm still hungry but sometimes I think is it just because it's that time of day that I'm used to eating or Am I really hungry.

I have stopped the Coke zero and only on water no headaches yet.
I can't wait to next week to see how much I've lost I'll be wrapped if I've lost 2 kgs.
I'd like to talk to my doctor about if I'm eating too much or not enough. They're just all these things that you Think about in your head because you can't see what'sgoing on inside you to know if you're losing it or if you're doing right or wrong.
But I'm looking forward to the rest of my journey.
Started walking today 30 minutes my aim is to do that every second day for now :)
Thanks xxx

Day 3

Slept all night got about 6 hours sleep
Woke up had a great morning feeling great
to about 10.30am I started getting cold like a breeze goes over my whole body last less than a minute. started sweating a bit more today.
Bit tired from my walk yesterday. But other than that I was fine.
Not sure if I am eating to much or not enough.
Still having my 2 shakes one at breakfast and the other at lunch . I thinking I might need to be put up the 40's as I still hungry .
Spoke to a friend today she said to add snacks like nuts and fruit. So I went and brought nut and fruit mix and put 50g in to snak bag . Sat down and had one around 3.30pm well by 4.30pm I was bloated Very sore tummy
:(
. Had some tea at 6.30pm and by 7 feeling better. So might just keep doing what I was doing and talk to my doctor on Tuesday.

I haven't had a poo in about 2 days is this normal ?

Day 4

Well today has been the best day by far.
I think the tablets are now kicking in.
I was not hungry at all today. But still had my 3 meals and 2 snack but not starving in between meals.
Started walking 30 mins every 2nd day and today seem to be easy than the last so Monday going to push my self a little more.
Looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday. Not sure if I have lost anything . But feeling so much better in my self i have more contraction, I am awake more than before I would sleep in to about 10am and than have a sleep during the day. But now I last all day to around 10.30pm I start get tired start heading to bed and sleeping pretty good I wake up during the night sometimes and stay up for 1 / 2 hours than go back to bed but up with the sun around 6.30 7am and felling like I have had enough sleep.

Day 5

You last night I went to bed at 10:30 because I was really tired fell a sleep by 11 slept till about 4 o'clock then woke up but I was still asleep but having dreams off an on and then finally fell asleep and woke up at again at 8am when I took my first tablet for the day.
Today I woke up tired and a bit lethargic not quite sure is that due to my walk that I did last night. But all today I was really tired and drained and a bit on edge today I hope that doesn't last. Having my three meals a day and a few snacks but I'm still feeling hungry here in there but not overly hungry I think it's more mind over matter at the moment. Is 10.10pm now I'm getting tired once again. I didn't go for a walk today I'm going to do it every second day.

And would really love to hear other people stories.

Was just prescribed 30mg duromine. Had my first tablet this morning. At the moment, I know my expectations aren't realistic but I still have hope this is the magic pill that will lead me to a healthy, happy weight.

At 170cm tall, my starting weight is 96kgs. My goal this month is a 10kg loss, though after reading your posts, I think 5kgs is more reasonable. My overall goal is to reach 75 kgs, hopefully after the 3 month course.

Attachments

• IMG_20150201_3-1.png
    IMG_20150201_3-1.png
    389.9 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_20150201_1-1.png
    IMG_20150201_1-1.png
    349 KB · Views: 1,248
Reactions: summer62
All the best skie
If you put your mind to it anything possible.
I am new to this aswell I am 6 days it weigh in tmw and I am on 30 . I am dreaming of losing 10kg this month but would be happy with 5kg aswell .

Let us know how u go ??

hooray to us! good luck with your weigh in, let me know how you go.
i'll let you know my progress at my first weigh in next week. i also took measurements today as ultimately it's all about losing the cms.

only side effect has been lack of sleep. last night i had about 4 hours all together, felt like i was up every half an hour

Hi Fatty 33 how is your journey so far, did you do your weigh ins

Reactions: Fatty33
Hey zee99
I sure did I lost 2.6 kgs in 7 days
Not as much as I through but my doctor wants me to start on the 40 tmw to get my weigh moving a bit faster .
I am a little scared. Is on the 30 I haven't had any side-effects and I'll be reading on the 40 you may get more or a lot.

What's your Journey been like ?

thanks for replying fatty33 Mine is quite the same yours, Its day 9 today no side effects just sleepless nites last week started having uninterrupted sleep on Sunday, I jog for 30mins 3x a week, I weighed on Sunday again Start weight was 67.4KG current weight is 65KG only lost 2 KG over 7xdays.

Zee99 said:
thanks for replying fatty33 Mine is quite the same yours, Its day 9 today no side effects just sleepless nites last week started having uninterrupted sleep on Sunday, I jog for 30mins 3x a week, I weighed on Sunday again Start weight was 67.4KG current weight is 65KG only lost 2 KG over 7xdays.
What dose are you one ?