Nervous About Bad Reviews. Any Positive?

Heidzho

Standard Member
Feb 27, 2015
Hi,
I am starting my course tomorrow, 30mg. Am hoping to shift 40kg on this stuff, but I keep reading bad reviews. Would love some positive reviews please :) So nervous.

Reactions: jaslyn

jaslyn

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2015
South Australia
Hi there, I have been on Duromine exactly 3 weeks and 1 day. Don't stress about the bad reviews, it seems nobody ever wants to write about the good stuff. I've had a half assed attempt at writing a blog which describes my experience with Duromine, but basically it's all good. I started on 15mg and it did nothing, I found 30mg every 2nd day to work for me. I tried taking 30mg every day and it gave me bad side effects by the 3rd day, so I dropped back to every 2nd day and it's great. I guess everyone's body is different. The only thing I can say is remember to eat a little bit, even if you're not hungry, otherwise you'll get very tired. Duromine has been the kick start I needed to lose weight because it dulled my appetite and gave me more energy - I basically eat too much and I'm too exhausted to exercise! It's not a miracle drug but it can be a huge help if you're struggling. My doctor says if I stick to the 3 months that Duromine can offer support, then that is long enough to form new dietary habits - I hope she's right! She says after 3 months it's effectiveness wears off, so it's important to make the time you're on it count. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Heidzho

Standard Member
Feb 27, 2015
Fantastic! Thanks so much Jaslyn. That's all I needed to hear. I am also on the 30mg and have heard every second day is better. So I might try that to start. Plus it will be cheaper on the pocket!

jaslyn

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2015
South Australia
If you have health insurance check with them, they might cover non pbs prescriptions. I didn't know that mine did, so I paid full price for the first box. It's quite expensive but remember it's not forever, and it's an investment in your health.

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi there, I have been on Duromine exactly 3 weeks and 1 day. Don't stress about the bad reviews, it seems nobody ever wants to write about the good stuff. I've had a half assed attempt at writing a blog which describes my experience with Duromine, but basically it's all good. I started on 15mg and it did nothing, I found 30mg every 2nd day to work for me. I tried taking 30mg every day and it gave me bad side effects by the 3rd day, so I dropped back to every 2nd day and it's great. I guess everyone's body is different. The only thing I can say is remember to eat a little bit, even if you're not hungry, otherwise you'll get very tired. Duromine has been the kick start I needed to lose weight because it dulled my appetite and gave me more energy - I basically eat too much and I'm too exhausted to exercise! It's not a miracle drug but it can be a huge help if you're struggling. My doctor says if I stick to the 3 months that Duromine can offer support, then that is long enough to form new dietary habits - I hope she's right! She says after 3 months it's effectiveness wears off, so it's important to make the time you're on it count. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Plain and simple. I like your short experience/recommendation! Couldn't have said it better myself :)
Yes, Heidzho, we are different, and our bodies act differently on Duromine. But from my experience, the pills do help to minimize cravings and form healthy eating habits. But you should try harder and cook healthy meals every day! It is not easy to quit old habits (fastfood restaurants, sweets, etc.) but all achievable. Just love your body and it will love you back!

Good luck and keep posting!

Reactions: Heidzho and jaslyn

Palmychick00

Standard Member
Mar 1, 2015
Are most of you on 30mg? Will my Dr up me to 30mg if 15mg does nothing? Its been 3 days on 15mg and i am HUNGRY!!

jaslyn

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2015
South Australia
I lasted 4 days on 15mg and I was starving, so my doctor upped it to 30mg which works, but I usually take it every 2nd day.

Heidzho

Standard Member
Feb 27, 2015
Thanks so much Kate, I am very much enthusiastic and looking forward to finding myself again. I have been wrapped in a little cuddly blanket for over 12 months now. I try to love myself, but I think having a goal to lose a certain amount, eat right etc. is giving me a light at the end of the tunnel. Especially a mumma of 3 kiddies, who doesn't get alot of me time.

Reactions: Kate

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hello I was on 30 for 7 days and it was great had no side-effects apart from the dry mouth. But I was still hungry and only lost 2.6 kgs so tmw I start on 40's iam a little scared because I have read the side affects .

All the best with your Journey

Heidzho

Standard Member
Feb 27, 2015
Hmmm., so 8 days on Duromine 30mg and I have lost 2.4kg. I am still hungry though and haven't lost my cravings and I am still tired all the time. How do I up my dosage without going back to the Doc for a new script? I don't want to waist money as I just bought a whole month of 30mg??

Heidzho

Standard Member
Feb 27, 2015
Hello I was on 30 for 7 days and it was great had no side-effects apart from the dry mouth. But I was still hungry and only lost 2.6 kgs so tmw I start on 40's iam a little scared because I have read the side affects .

All the best with your Journey
Please let me know how you go on the 40mg as I think I need the same ;) Hope you don't get too many side effects. The only I have had are headache for 2 days, thirsty often and upset tummy.

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
I think it would be best if you go back to your Dr. I go for a checkup every 3 months. There is a lot of horror stories out there about heart and blood pressure issues when you use Duromine so rather make sure it will be OK for you to use a stronger dosage. It may be OK to use the 15mg or 30mg but the 40mg is really strong so rather be safe. Maybe you just need a little more time to get used to it.

Reactions: Fatty33

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hmmm., so 8 days on Duromine 30mg and I have lost 2.4kg. I am still hungry though and haven't lost my cravings and I am still tired all the time. How do I up my dosage without going back to the Doc for a new script? I don't want to waist money as I just bought a whole month of 30mg??
Yeah I went back to my doctor and she said best for me to go on 40's I didn't start them today as no one was home so going to start tmw as my husband is home in the morning and able to take the kids to school.

I was abit upset when my doctor said go on the 40 I was like I just sent $109 7 days ago and now I have to spend $121 a week later .
But my doc did say when I start coming off the 40 I can slowly go on to the 30 that I already brought so I don't lose money .

I will let u know how I go x

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
Yeah I went back to my doctor and she said best for me to go on 40's I didn't start them today as no one was home so going to start tmw as my husband is home in the morning and able to take the kids to school.

I was abit upset when my doctor said go on the 40 I was like I just sent $109 7 days ago and now I have to spend $121 a week later .
But my doc did say when I start coming off the 40 I can slowly go on to the 30 that I already brought so I don't lose money .

I will let u know how I go x
All of the best. And let me know how it works for you on the 40mg!

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
All of the best. And let me know how it works for you on the 40mg!
2nd day today on 40 and just a dry mouth and I haven't felt like eating today so that is a plus that I didn't get on the 30s but other than that doing and feeling great .

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
Good to read you have found it working. I started on 30mg on Thursday and so far have lost near 2kg without too much effort. I do ride horses and I have a Fitbit and every day I am surpassing the 10K steps. I have a dry mouth and my mouth tastes like I licked the bottom of a bird cage but that is all so far.

I tried Duromine in the 90s and it worked but I didn't have the support of the doctor back the. It was a 'next patient please' affair. I have a great doctor now and she is monitoring me closely and has done blood and a full check up before prescribing Duromine. I feel 'safe' taking them.

I have cut my eating hugely but I am eating well, just waaaayyyyy less and can happily walk past the deadly snack foods aisle without a 2nd glance. It felt powerful to do that. I now find a piece of fruit fills me up.

I am aiming to lose at least 20kg.

Reactions: Fatty33

Rene Griesel

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi girls. I am on day 5 of duromine today. First, second and third day was ok with only side effects being insomnia and dry mouth. Day 4 I thought I was gonna die. I had such terrible head aches and it felt like something was walking around in my head. It felt like pressure and also felt like my veins was gonna explode. This lasted for over 3 hours. I decided that I will not take the duromine today but after doing some researched I realised that it may be the coffee I drink that caused my blood pressure to go that high so I decided that I will give it one more shot today and not have coffee at all and see how it goes. Well today I feel great. I don't have any side effects and I am happy I didn't just give up like that. After reading so many post about the bad side effects of duromine I was very nervous to even start this. I think in most cases it is maybe what we take with the duromine that may cause most bad side effects (not sure #justsaying). I weighed myself yesterday on day 4 and I have lost 4.5kg. I do not have much to loose as I started with 72kg and I am 1.74cm tall. I just want to go back to about 62kg and I will be happy. I drink up to 5 litres of water a day (sometimes more), can this be unhealthy? I also drink a cup of boiling water after each meal:)