My Successful Duromine Experience - Minus 35 kilograms

M

Meg.

Standard Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hello!
I'm a 27 year old female at 170cm.
In September 2012 i was weighing in at 110kgs. I'd been big all of my life. I'd tried and failed many many times to lose weight.
All my life everyone had just told me 'this is how you are' but that just didn't make sense. Why couldn't i weigh a healthy weight too?
I had heard of a really understanding doctor that worked well with overweight patients. Originally, i went to see him to get a gastric band however I'd have over a year wait so he put me on duromine 30s to see how i went.
I honestly think it's all about the frame of mind. I had never ever been so determined to shed this weight. I made a concise effort to change all of my habits.
Duromine pretty much stopped my appetite entirely. The first month i shed almost 14kgs. The next month was 8kgs. My weight loss was slowing but by december i was down to 78kgs. The more weight i lost - the easier i found it to exercise.
I was on duromine initially for almost 6 months. My lowest weight was 68kg.
I then tried to 'maintain' my weight however this is tricky. As my body is used to being big for so long there's thought that it tries just as hard to gain weight. So i started putting weight back on slowly but surely. I made sure to keep checking in with my doctor and also weigh myself frequently. It was so upsetting to see the scales going up again. Granted - it was only back to 80kgs however if i had let it slide I'd wake up 112kg again.
So i went back on duromine again for 3 months. I hovered around the 72kg mark for a while (maybe a year) and then weight creeped back again.
I've not let myself go past 80kgs again and trot off to my doctor when i do.
I'm at 75kgs now - and it's taken about 4ish years for my body to start to learn the new 'normal'. I have to exercise 5-6 times a week (ensuring I do enough heavy resistance training to gain muscle) and stick to a really healthy diet. The biggest thing would be to count calories - often i undrestimated how much i would be consuming. I found it's also really import to consistently weigh yourself and monitor my weight often.
I've been very successful with duromine, however it is a weight loss TOOL only and you need to change your mindset and lifestyle for good to see long term results.

Meg. said:
Hello!
I'm a 27 year old female at 170cm.
In September 2012 i was weighing in at 110kgs. I'd been big all of my life. I'd tried and failed many many times to lose weight.
All my life everyone had just told me 'this is how you are' but that just didn't make sense. Why couldn't i weigh a healthy weight too?
I had heard of a really understanding doctor that worked well with overweight patients. Originally, i went to see him to get a gastric band however I'd have over a year wait so he put me on duromine 30s to see how i went.
I honestly think it's all about the frame of mind. I had never ever been so determined to shed this weight. I made a concise effort to change all of my habits.
Duromine pretty much stopped my appetite entirely. The first month i shed almost 14kgs. The next month was 8kgs. My weight loss was slowing but by december i was down to 78kgs. The more weight i lost - the easier i found it to exercise.
I was on duromine initially for almost 6 months. My lowest weight was 68kg.
I then tried to 'maintain' my weight however this is tricky. As my body is used to being big for so long there's thought that it tries just as hard to gain weight. So i started putting weight back on slowly but surely. I made sure to keep checking in with my doctor and also weigh myself frequently. It was so upsetting to see the scales going up again. Granted - it was only back to 80kgs however if i had let it slide I'd wake up 112kg again.
So i went back on duromine again for 3 months. I hovered around the 72kg mark for a while (maybe a year) and then weight creeped back again.
I've not let myself go past 80kgs again and trot off to my doctor when i do.
I'm at 75kgs now - and it's taken about 4ish years for my body to start to learn the new 'normal'. I have to exercise 5-6 times a week (ensuring I do enough heavy resistance training to gain muscle) and stick to a really healthy diet. The biggest thing would be to count calories - often i undrestimated how much i would be consuming. I found it's also really import to consistently weigh yourself and monitor my weight often.
I've been very successful with duromine, however it is a weight loss TOOL only and you need to change your mindset and lifestyle for good to see long term results.
I agree with Mumo3girls.. fantastic feedback.. Thank You!!!