My Journey On Duromine

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hey guys I hope I feel better soon otherwise I stop this.I started yesterday,dry mouth a little dizzy.Today it's worse i have a splitting headache i don't know if it's safe to take painkillers i am scared it may interact badly with duromine.My neck is stiff also,probably because of the headache.I just want today to end.

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Day3.I feel better today no headache.Had a warm milk before bed and that helped with the headache.Woke up at 2,decided to take the pill at 4 so I can be up btwin 12 and 2.Joko tea made the headache worse yesterday afternoon so none of that from now on.Starting to log my food.

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Day3.I feel better today no headache.Had a warm milk before bed and that helped with the headache.Woke up at 2,decided to take the pill at 4 so I can be up btwin 12 and 2.Joko tea made the headache worse yesterday afternoon so none of that from now on.Starting to log my food.

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Some tea contain caffeine although not as much as coffee. Although I did not have any side effects from coffee some people can not take caffeine while on Duromine as it is a stimulant as well. Try a herbal tea. And just give your body time to get used to the D, it takes a while. And in the end it is really worthwhile. Keep strong;);)

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Aud
Some tea contain caffeine although not as much as coffee. Although I did not have any side effects from coffee some people can not take caffeine while on Duromine as it is a stimulant as well. Try a herbal tea. And just give your body time to get used to the D, it takes a while. And in the end it is really worthwhile. Keep strong;);)
Thanks Audrey,i think my body is now used to it.I was my normal self the whole day.Although I am worried because I am anemic I don't get any cravings,for the whole day i had one carrot

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
Nina, I found I would forget to eat, so I've been setting my alarm on my phone to go off at the right times throughout the day to remind me to eat :) If I really don't feel hungry, I'll still have some fruit or raw veg :) Just need to keep eating otherwise when you come off and start eating, your body won't be used to it :)

Reactions: Kate

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Carina i think i will do that, my system is used to it now.I don't want to end up with an eating disorder because I have realised that food makes me fat.So the fact that I don't get appetite appeals to me

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks Aud

Thanks Audrey,i think my body is now used to it.I was my normal self the whole day.Although I am worried because I am anemic I don't get any cravings,for the whole day i had one carrot
You must really try to eat small healthy meals, especially as you say you are anemic. If you do not eat your body will go into "starving mode"and every thing you eat will then be stored as fat.

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Ooohhhh i see,i will set an alarm like Carina suggested.And I will Google some healthy meals cos all around me i see bread,pap,and meat...and i don't want to eat like that anymore.

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Ooohhhh i see,i will set an alarm like Carina suggested.And I will Google some healthy meals cos all around me i see bread,pap,and meat...and i don't want to eat like that anymore.
You can start with simple things like fresh fruit, a salad with say some tuna or boiled eggs and yogurt. Don't make it too difficult on yourself, if you feel like trying new recipes it is just great, but otherwise just start with the simple basics;)

nina simone

Standard Member
Apr 19, 2015
Guys please help i forgot to take one this morning,I was rushing we have a function at work th kids have a thing at school too so it was no ordinary day.Will that impede my progress?

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Guys please help i forgot to take one this morning,I was rushing we have a function at work th kids have a thing at school too so it was no ordinary day.Will that impede my progress?
No, I don''t think you need to worry about that. It's not something like antibiotics that you have to complete the course!
Just go ahead as usual tomorrow. The Duromine is already in your system. A lot of people start skipping a day here and there once they are used to it. And DO NOT take a double dose:eek: