• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
well today was weigh in day
2 weeks on duromine

1st week loss 2.6kg
2nd week loss 800 grams
So after 2 weeks loss all up 3.4kg

Bit upset with weigh in today. But have to remember its a lifestyle change and not over night.
Need to drink more water
And walk more .

Hi girls. I am on day 5 of duromine today. First, second and third day was ok with only side effects being insomnia and dry mouth. Day 4 I thought I was gonna die. I had such terrible head aches and it felt like something was walking around in my head. It felt like pressure and also felt like my veins was gonna explode. This lasted for over 3 hours. I decided that I will not take the duromine today but after doing some researched I realised that it may be the coffee I drink that caused my blood pressure to go that high so I decided that I will give it one more shot today and not have coffee at all and see how it goes. Well today I feel great. I don't have any side effects and I am happy I didn't just give up like that. After reading so many post about the bad side effects of duromine I was very nervous to even start this. I think in most cases it is maybe what we take with the duromine that may cause most bad side effects (not sure #justsaying). I weighed myself yesterday on day 4 and I have lost 4.5kg. I do not have much to loose as I started with 72kg and I am 1.74cm tall. I just want to go back to about 62kg and I will be happy. I drink up to 5 litres of water a day (sometimes more), can this be unhealthy?

Reactions: Fatty33
Hey Rene,
That is great news what amazing job . Yeah I haven't had any side affects apart from dry mouth. I saw my doctor today and she said I was a lucky one with not getting any.
And with your water that's fine well I would say so as my doctor wants me to drink at least 4 littles I am just getting to 3 at this stage.

Hi Fatty. My problem is that I finish my 5 litres at about the time I leave home then I still have the rest of the everning and I can easily finish about 2 - 3 more litres in that time. I just went to Checkers and bought the Nescafe Decaf. Just made myself a cup and I seem to be fine with it. I just read up that even the decaf contains a lot of carbs and cals so I will make sure I only take one cup per day:)

Hi girls. I am on day 5 of duromine today. First, second and third day was ok with only side effects being insomnia and dry mouth. Day 4 I thought I was gonna die. I had such terrible head aches and it felt like something was walking around in my head. It felt like pressure and also felt like my veins was gonna explode. This lasted for over 3 hours. I decided that I will not take the duromine today but after doing some researched I realised that it may be the coffee I drink that caused my blood pressure to go that high so I decided that I will give it one more shot today and not have coffee at all and see how it goes. Well today I feel great. I don't have any side effects and I am happy I didn't just give up like that. After reading so many post about the bad side effects of duromine I was very nervous to even start this. I think in most cases it is maybe what we take with the duromine that may cause most bad side effects (not sure #justsaying). I weighed myself yesterday on day 4 and I have lost 4.5kg. I do not have much to loose as I started with 72kg and I am 1.74cm tall. I just want to go back to about 62kg and I will be happy. I drink up to 5 litres of water a day (sometimes more), can this be unhealthy? I also drink a cup of boiling water after each meal:)

So, today marks Day 1 on my calendar. Woohoo!

I'm nervous, excited and anxious all in one. Why?

This day has been long overdue and I have been waiting to start something that I am hoping will show results. I have been on every diet and tried every fad out there, and even though I saw minor results, it just wasn't enough.

I was always a sporty size 8-10 as a child and loved to be out in the sun playing until the street lights came on, then as a child I was sexually assaulted which ended in a underage pregnancy. From this, I was never the same physically and emotionally. I quickly went from the size 8-10 to a whopping 18-20 (which was so not me, let alone being 12 years of age.) I have always struggled to get back to the size I was before and had no motivation to get involved in the activities I once adored.

Then, the time came where I had to go back to school... Yep, you bet, I was teased, teased for being bigger than before I went away and definitely bigger for my age. Then school swimming commenced... (Of course it did...) And as you could imagine, my body is riddled with stretch marks to the point I even have stripes on the back of my calves as a result of what had happened. Today I read about how women should love their stripes (stretch marks) because they earned them, well... I definitely believed I never earned mine and still to this moment I am reminded of them on a daily basis and of how I got them.

I had, what I thought, were friends, who soon turned into bullies making fun of me and they soon started circling what they thought were rumours (that I must've had a child.) Little did they know, the circumstances and the situation which I had gone through at such a young age. I stuck it out till I finished grade 12 and knew I would never have to deal with them again. I went straight into University which from there I completed a Bachelor and a Masters Degree.

During my Bachelor Degree, I met my amazing partner, in which we have just celebrated seven wonderful years of being together. (And no... still no ring yet though ladies... *sigh* and it has only just dawned on me the reason,why? Well, at least this is my own opinion of why!) When I met my partner I weighed in at around 65kg. Seven years later I weigh 84kg. It may seem like nothing to anyone reading this, however everyone is different and we all have different opinions of ourselves- we're only human right? Well, this is the heaviest I have ever been.

Over the years, I have followed every diet known to mankind... well at least thats what it's felt like! But lately I have known I need to do something about me, myself and I, inside AND out. Over those past seven years, I have tried so hard not become one of those sloppy junk magazine 'poor me' stories about how I met the man of my dreams and how I've become so comfortable and let myself go - NO! No way. I promised myself I won't.
But as the years have gone by, I have gone from being the bubbly, positive, smiling woman to what feels like the demon. Even though my love for food is endless and will always be, I have become negative in all aspects of life, I now feel as though I have no 'drive' like I once did. I will over think relationships around me whether it be with my partner or other members in my family and for some reason I will thrive off peoples insecurities and my very own. THIS IS NOT ME! I was the carefree, love giving sparkle bubble in the room, not this person that others are finding it hard to be around. So, time for a re-evaluation on myself for the better.

So long and behold, today is Day 1. I set my alarm for 5:30am this morning and as I woke, I felt myself still trying to comprehend I was awake and today was the day I start. I took my first tablet and within 30 minutes I was wide awake and zooming around the house. All I have eaten today is a banana as I couldn't bring myself to eat (WHAT!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY WEIRD FOR ME.) I have only had one cup of black tea (no sugar) and lots of water and feel great. I know, I know its only day one, give it time. But I was expecting the dizziness and headaches to set in and *touch wood* they haven't. Other than that, that's it!!! I have experienced slight dry mouth but nothing to complain about.

I can't wait to see where this journey takes me or to see if I can see/feel a difference in myself! I wish everyone who is taking this journey all the very best! We can do it all we need to do is believe in ourselves....right?

Start weight: 83.7
Height: 167cm tall

Signing off,

O
x

Reactions: Crazyme
Welcome to the family!! Good luck with the journey ;)

Reactions: oogachaka
On day 6 today and another 1.3kg lighter:). I am feeling great today. Was able to go back to the gym. I took it slow. Did 20 minutes on the tredmill and some legs. I monitored my heart rate on the tredmill the entire time and whenever it went above 170 I stopped for a couple of second and then continued.

Welcome. Firstly I want to say to you that I am so sorry of what you had to go through. I myself have also been through a lot. 9 years ago I weighed 106kg. I managed to loose 44kg in 4 months and I have kept it all off until about 7 months ago when I broke up with my fiance as he turned out to be a big mistake. I managed to gain around 8 - 10kg and felt very bad about myself. Before I started with duromine I was 72kg and I am 1.74m. Day 6 into duromine and I am now 68.1kg. I just want to warn you that throughout the first week you may experience different side effect but please don't let this turn you off and you decide to rather leave the pill. Day 4 was the worst for me. I really thought I was going to die. Day 5 I decided to no longer have coffee as I had an idea that the coffee must be what is making my blood pressure increase so high. Day 5 with no caffiene was wonderful. I am now on day 6 and even the insomnia is gone. I am left only a dry mouth but only at times. I drink between 5 - 6 litres of water a day. I am not hungry at all but I force myself to eat 3 meals a day (very small) but I have to otherwise the moment I leave duromine I will gain all the weight back again. I hope your journey on duromine is all good but if there is a bit of bad please just see maybe you are eating or drinking something wrong. Don't just give up unless it is a medical emergency. GOOD LUCK:)

Reactions: oogachaka
Rene Griesel said:
Welcome. Firstly I want to say to you that I am so sorry of what you had to go through. I myself have also been through a lot. 9 years ago I weighed 106kg. I managed to loose 44kg in 4 months and I have kept it all off until about 7 months ago when I broke up with my fiance as he turned out to be a big mistake. I managed to gain around 8 - 10kg and felt very bad about myself. Before I started with duromine I was 72kg and I am 1.74m. Day 6 into duromine and I am now 68.1kg. I just want to warn you that throughout the first week you may experience different side effect but please don't let this turn you off and you decide to rather leave the pill. Day 4 was the worst for me. I really thought I was going to die. Day 5 I decided to no longer have coffee as I had an idea that the coffee must be what is making my blood pressure increase so high. Day 5 with no caffiene was wonderful. I am now on day 6 and even the insomnia is gone. I am left only a dry mouth but only at times. I drink between 5 - 6 litres of water a day. I am not hungry at all but I force myself to eat 3 meals a day (very small) but I have to otherwise the moment I leave duromine I will gain all the weight back again. I hope your journey on duromine is all good but if there is a bit of bad please just see maybe you are eating or drinking something wrong. Don't just give up unless it is a medical emergency. GOOD LUCK:)

Thank you Rene! Thank you for sharing your story with me. It's funny how life tests us all differently.
44kg in 4 months is amazing! You go girl! Can I ask, how did you manage that? Were you on Duromine then? I totally understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing.

I will most definitely try my best, day one didn't seem as bad as what I thought it would be. Touch wood, I don't jinx myself for tomorrow. I must say, I am feeling rather tired at the moment even though today is day one, I have had a massive day.

Your exactly where I want to be right now 68.1kg. My goal is to get to 65kg so that's a total lose of nearly 20kg.

Hope to hear from you soon,

O
x

Hi Oogachaka. How are you feeling on day two? Well I really don't mind telling you how I lost the 44kg as I was also in the You Magazine Winning Diet. I did some research and found that if you eat according to your blood group you can not be overweight. So I found out what my blood group is and I started on the High Protein diet as my blood group is O. At that time Relislim was still available over the counter and I bought a bottle and also a bottle of folic acid tablets as well as vitamin B tablets and I was well on my way. The High Protein diet only allows you to eat meat, fats, etc. the only two things you cannot eat is sugar and starch. It did allow for 40g of starch a day but I did not want to eat startch as I had a lot to loose. I made myself eat 3 meals a day, each at exactly the same time as your brain send signals to digest your food and if you eat all different times of the day, your brain does not know when the next meal will be and it stores your food to use as energy just in case. My portions was very small as the Relislim helped with the appetite. I lost 11kg in the first month and I had to take my work uniform in a total of 6 times during the 4 months. It just fell off. I kept it off for 9 years without gaining any weight. I think the reason for this is because its not really a diet but a lifestyle change. That is why I am saying even on the Duromine we have to force ourselfes to eat 3 meals cause without food you will feel all kinds of side effects.

Rene Griesel said:
Hi Oogachaka. How are you feeling on day two? Well I really don't mind telling you how I lost the 44kg as I was also in the You Magazine Winning Diet. I did some research and found that if you eat according to your blood group you can not be overweight. So I found out what my blood group is and I started on the High Protein diet as my blood group is O. At that time Relislim was still available over the counter and I bought a bottle and also a bottle of folic acid tablets as well as vitamin B tablets and I was well on my way. The High Protein diet only allows you to eat meat, fats, etc. the only two things you cannot eat is sugar and starch. It did allow for 40g of starch a day but I did not want to eat startch as I had a lot to loose. I made myself eat 3 meals a day, each at exactly the same time as your brain send signals to digest your food and if you eat all different times of the day, your brain does not know when the next meal will be and it stores your food to use as energy just in case. My portions was very small as the Relislim helped with the appetite. I lost 11kg in the first month and I had to take my work uniform in a total of 6 times during the 4 months. It just fell off. I kept it off for 9 years without gaining any weight. I think the reason for this is because its not really a diet but a lifestyle change. That is why I am saying even on the Duromine we have to force ourselfes to eat 3 meals cause without food you will feel all kinds of side effects.

Oh wow, good on you! I have also heard about eating for your blood type and how it has been found to be effective. This is one diet, I am yet to try it out!

Well I'll be posting up my day two post shortly so please keep an eye out for it! Would love to hear what you think... I promise to make sure it doesn't turn into a novel this time! :)

O
x

Well here I am.... my first day on my new mission. To do something for me. I'm a single mum who works full time and in the past 10 years I have done nothing for myself.
During this past 10 years i have gained over 40kgs.... and lost my self confidence.
This year is my year!
I'm building a house getting paid more than ever before for a job i love and im about to get ME back!!!

Took my first 30mg tablet this morning. And feel great!
No dry mouth or headaches or any of the nasty stuff I've read about. In fact ive been bouncing around all day with a huge smile on my face.
Wish me luck!!!!!!
First weigh in is in 6 weeks and i intend to kick ass.
ill keep you posted

Good luck! It is a new beginning, a new life for you! Yay! You can do it :laughing::)

Today marks day 4! I have found a renewed energy since starting duro. Its easier to get up in the morning, im getting so much more done in my day without the lulls in energy i had before. Yesterday involved a 6k walk followed by 2 hrs in the garden mowing etc. I actually slept pretty well last night too. 6.5hrs. I've been doing dance tutorials off youtube to burn more calories and doing that with my 10 year old gives us something fun to do together. No nasty side effects. Drinking at least 5L of water a day and making sure i eat 3 small meals and snack on fruit. This needs to be a time to retrain my habits. Im counting my calories and tracking my exercise via an app and things seem to be going well. 3 more days and ill take some measurements to see hiw im doing

That's awesome Rene

Wow that is a lot of water I am am up to 3 1/2 bottles of 750 Mls a day now .
Yeah I haven't touch the coffee yet I am a bit scared about that .
I had a cup of tea yesterday with no sauger and it was good nice to have a different taste in my mouth.

I am start of week 4
On my scales at homr this moring I have lost 4.6kgs

But I don't go back to doctors for another week so just have to see.

Keep up the great work xxx

9cms lost so far!
4 off my waist and 5 off my hips! In 1 week!!! I had to double check tonight just to make sure I got it right this morning.
Woohoo. I'm not going to weigh myself until the 6 week mark with my Dr. Just keep on going to way I am and I should see a great number lower than the last!
The calorie counter app is a real encouragement i try to overestimate on sizes and quantities so in the long run should be tracking well.