Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hello ,
Iam 33 years old
Mother of 3
And married
My Starting weight 119.4 kg
My Goal weight 85 kg

Well my first day I started taking duromine at 9.30am as I had to get the prescription filled. So soon as it was in my hand i Brought a bottle of water and took my first pill.

And went and did my shopping. Well I waited and waited for all the scary side effects to happen. But didn't get any .
By lunch time I was a bit spaced out but other than that it was like any other day. I have started drinking water and can drink over 2 litres a day.

My doctor wants me to do optifast shakes with fruit during the day so I done that and never felt really hungry till about 430pm Then about 630pm we had dinner. I feel calm and good still no serious side-effects. As I sit here reading other people stories and I'm thinking are my tablets actually working??

I was tired during the day so I was able to have a sleep. it's 11pm about to head to bed see how I go sleeping tonight .
I will write back tomorrow tellyou know I went.
Thanks you every one who takes the time to read my blog. Any tips help or just a chat comment below xxxx

Day two

I got about three hours sleep last nigh woke up this morning It was a weird feeling I actually felt quite amazing after only having three hours sleep I was not tired or grumpy like I'm usually am in the morning it was a breeze to get the kids ready for school.
But then on the other hand I worry that these tablets are not working because I have had no other side-effects apart from a dry mouth and not much sleep.
I'm still hungry but sometimes I think is it just because it's that time of day that I'm used to eating or Am I really hungry.

I have stopped the Coke zero and only on water no headaches yet.
I can't wait to next week to see how much I've lost I'll be wrapped if I've lost 2 kgs.
I'd like to talk to my doctor about if I'm eating too much or not enough. They're just all these things that you Think about in your head because you can't see what'sgoing on inside you to know if you're losing it or if you're doing right or wrong.
But I'm looking forward to the rest of my journey.
Started walking today 30 minutes my aim is to do that every second day for now :)
Thanks xxx

Day 3

Slept all night got about 6 hours sleep
Woke up had a great morning feeling great
to about 10.30am I started getting cold like a breeze goes over my whole body last less than a minute. started sweating a bit more today.
Bit tired from my walk yesterday. But other than that I was fine.
Not sure if I am eating to much or not enough.
Still having my 2 shakes one at breakfast and the other at lunch . I thinking I might need to be put up the 40's as I still hungry .
Spoke to a friend today she said to add snacks like nuts and fruit. So I went and brought nut and fruit mix and put 50g in to snak bag . Sat down and had one around 3.30pm well by 4.30pm I was bloated Very sore tummy
:(
. Had some tea at 6.30pm and by 7 feeling better. So might just keep doing what I was doing and talk to my doctor on Tuesday.

I haven't had a poo in about 2 days is this normal ?

Day 4

Well today has been the best day by far.
I think the tablets are now kicking in.
I was not hungry at all today. But still had my 3 meals and 2 snack but not starving in between meals.
Started walking 30 mins every 2nd day and today seem to be easy than the last so Monday going to push my self a little more.
Looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday. Not sure if I have lost anything . But feeling so much better in my self i have more contraction, I am awake more than before I would sleep in to about 10am and than have a sleep during the day. But now I last all day to around 10.30pm I start get tired start heading to bed and sleeping pretty good I wake up during the night sometimes and stay up for 1 / 2 hours than go back to bed but up with the sun around 6.30 7am and felling like I have had enough sleep.

Day 5

You last night I went to bed at 10:30 because I was really tired fell a sleep by 11 slept till about 4 o'clock then woke up but I was still asleep but having dreams off an on and then finally fell asleep and woke up at again at 8am when I took my first tablet for the day.
Today I woke up tired and a bit lethargic not quite sure is that due to my walk that I did last night. But all today I was really tired and drained and a bit on edge today I hope that doesn't last. Having my three meals a day and a few snacks but I'm still feeling hungry here in there but not overly hungry I think it's more mind over matter at the moment. Is 10.10pm now I'm getting tired once again. I didn't go for a walk today I'm going to do it every second day.

And would really love to hear other people stories.

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hey zee99
I sure did I lost 2.6 kgs in 7 days
Not as much as I through but my doctor wants me to start on the 40 tmw to get my weigh moving a bit faster .
I am a little scared. Is on the 30 I haven't had any side-effects and I'll be reading on the 40 you may get more or a lot.

What's your Journey been like ?

Zee99

Standard Member
Mar 2, 2015
thanks for replying fatty33 Mine is quite the same yours, Its day 9 today no side effects just sleepless nites last week started having uninterrupted sleep on Sunday, I jog for 30mins 3x a week, I weighed on Sunday again Start weight was 67.4KG current weight is 65KG only lost 2 KG over 7xdays.

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
thanks for replying fatty33 Mine is quite the same yours, Its day 9 today no side effects just sleepless nites last week started having uninterrupted sleep on Sunday, I jog for 30mins 3x a week, I weighed on Sunday again Start weight was 67.4KG current weight is 65KG only lost 2 KG over 7xdays.
What dose are you one ?

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm on the 30mg
Yeah I start 40 tmw morning I am sort of shitting my self . Just keep reading all these horror stories about the side-effects but I didn't get them with the 30 so hopefully I don't get to many more with the 40.

I will let you know
And please let me know how you go in the coming weeks xx

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
Back in the 90s I went on the 40mg and had heart palpatations, was 'wired' and would do things like clean out the pantry at 2am. I didn't tell my hubby or family I was taking Duromine and they noticed my franticness. At the time I was going on a 2 month trip to USA so just said it was nervous/excited energy.

This time I am on 30mg and haven't had any side effects apart from a dry mouth. This time I have told my hubby only as I am that much older and think if I suddenly fell over or something he would know what I was taking. He is fully supportive of me taking them as long as I am monitored by my doctor, which I am.

Good luck.

Reactions: Fatty33

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hey all
I have been in 40's for 6 days now
And I have had only a really dry mouth like my tongue get stuck to the top of my mouth when I am talking. Always carry a bottle of water. and I swear a bit more and my appetite well I have to remember to eat. Not sure if I have loss any more weight but its Weigh in day today . So hoping I hit 115 kgs that would be 1.8 kg loss and 4.4 kgs in 2 kgs so fingers cross. Other than that I have been good I would like the Energy that I keep reading about. But on the other hand I have been sleeping good at night havent miss one night sleep.

Will let you know how I get on today

Please tell me how you are all going I love reading the blogs and other people's experiences.

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
well today was weigh in day
2 weeks on duromine

1st week loss 2.6kg
2nd week loss 800 grams
So after 2 weeks loss all up 3.4kg

Bit upset with weigh in today. But have to remember its a lifestyle change and not over night.
Need to drink more water
And walk more .

Rene Griesel

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi girls. I am on day 5 of duromine today. First, second and third day was ok with only side effects being insomnia and dry mouth. Day 4 I thought I was gonna die. I had such terrible head aches and it felt like something was walking around in my head. It felt like pressure and also felt like my veins was gonna explode. This lasted for over 3 hours. I decided that I will not take the duromine today but after doing some researched I realised that it may be the coffee I drink that caused my blood pressure to go that high so I decided that I will give it one more shot today and not have coffee at all and see how it goes. Well today I feel great. I don't have any side effects and I am happy I didn't just give up like that. After reading so many post about the bad side effects of duromine I was very nervous to even start this. I think in most cases it is maybe what we take with the duromine that may cause most bad side effects (not sure #justsaying). I weighed myself yesterday on day 4 and I have lost 4.5kg. I do not have much to loose as I started with 72kg and I am 1.74cm tall. I just want to go back to about 62kg and I will be happy. I drink up to 5 litres of water a day (sometimes more), can this be unhealthy?

Reactions: Fatty33

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hey Rene,
That is great news what amazing job . Yeah I haven't had any side affects apart from dry mouth. I saw my doctor today and she said I was a lucky one with not getting any.
And with your water that's fine well I would say so as my doctor wants me to drink at least 4 littles I am just getting to 3 at this stage.

Rene Griesel

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi Fatty. My problem is that I finish my 5 litres at about the time I leave home then I still have the rest of the everning and I can easily finish about 2 - 3 more litres in that time. I just went to Checkers and bought the Nescafe Decaf. Just made myself a cup and I seem to be fine with it. I just read up that even the decaf contains a lot of carbs and cals so I will make sure I only take one cup per day:)

Rene Griesel

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2015
On day 6 today and another 1.3kg lighter:). I am feeling great today. Was able to go back to the gym. I took it slow. Did 20 minutes on the tredmill and some legs. I monitored my heart rate on the tredmill the entire time and whenever it went above 170 I stopped for a couple of second and then continued.

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
That's awesome Rene

Wow that is a lot of water I am am up to 3 1/2 bottles of 750 Mls a day now .
Yeah I haven't touch the coffee yet I am a bit scared about that .
I had a cup of tea yesterday with no sauger and it was good nice to have a different taste in my mouth.

I am start of week 4
On my scales at homr this moring I have lost 4.6kgs

But I don't go back to doctors for another week so just have to see.

Keep up the great work xxx