X_sweetpeanz said:
Oh cool, thanks for replying! I am currently 110-115kgs (my scales and doctors were different) approx 172cm and my goal weight long term would be 80kgs but first goal is to get under 100! It's going to be a long hard journey but have to do it! Tried so many things and just accepted I was always going to be big, until Friday when my doctor said my liver was really bad and I'm the youngest person she has seen with it. So she recommended duromine and I'm going to give this a good go! :) day two and I had a small breakfast and now not hungry at all and its 1.12pm... Took my pill around 8.40 and breakfast around 9.30am
Hi I'm very new to posting so not sure how it works. I started duromine 30mg three days ago. My stats and post match yours would love a support buddy :) all the best!!

Today is day 17, im just over halfway through my first month of duromine. Everything is going well, no major adverse side effects. The only thing I notice is a dry mouth time to time and I am constipated. I have started eating a few prunes each day and it seems to be assisting.
I am feeling less bloated and like I am getting smaller. I'm struggling to be bothered to do any exercise though, once I start I know I'll be ok.
I took my pill late yesterday morning (8:30 - usually at 6am) and I had an hour or two of tossing and turning before I fell asleep last night. So 6am seems to work well.
5 days until weigh in!

I wouldn't worry about trying to keep to 1500 calories, that is a lot! 1200 is what is recommended for women, 1500 for men, and I know I'm probably only consuming about 700 - 900. As long as you are giving your body the fuel it needs to keep going, that's the main thing. You're doing great, 3.8kg in 2 weeks is awesome! Definitely try and get some exercise in, even if you start with just walking and throw in a jog every 5 minutes, you'll feel so good for it!

1200 is that 'magic' number everyone refers too, but I have been researching and your body actually burns calories even when you're doing nothing. 1500cals is what my body needs to burn fat. Have a look at this calculator.

This calculates what you need to lose weight. Your basal metabolic rate is what you need to eat to maintain your weight :)

There's no way in heck I could maintain a diet of under 1000cals once I come off duromine. Your body will not be used to the extra food and will hold onto it causing weight gain again :(
Must be day 20 for me, only two days until weigh in!

Oh golly! I just tried that link and must be doing something wrong - it told me I need 1657 calories a day for extreme weight loss, 2476 to maintain... :p:p

AliMcBealEatAMeal said:
Oh golly! I just tried that link and must be doing something wrong - it told me I need 1657 calories a day for extreme weight loss, 2476 to maintain... :p:p
Can I ask how much weight you have to lose? Those calories tell me that you have quite a lot, bigger bodies need more calories just to function. It doesn't sound wrong to me :) unless of course you don't have a lot to lose :)

Hi everyone,

I'm 77kgs, and starting duromine tomorrow... must say i am a little nervous as i have Never taken anything before to help me lose weight. I have 2 kiddies, and find i never have energy so I'm REALLY hoping that i get some! Any tips would be great. I know i need to eat. Ive got that covered - apples, carrot sticks, rice crackers. I generally eat pretty healthy, but can't seem to lose the weight. I want to get down to 60kgs. I'm 158cm so i think that is a good weight.
Does anyone drink coffee on it? to say i love my coffee is an understatement. I need my morning coffee... lol
Thanks guys!

Kayley said:
Can I ask how much weight you have to lose? Those calories tell me that you have quite a lot, bigger bodies need more calories just to function. It doesn't sound wrong to me :) unless of course you don't have a lot to lose :)

Id like to lose another 10-15 eventually (but Ill take whatever I can get - I have lost about 5 already but am only taking duromine for a month, so working hard on losing remainder after finishing it) I spoke with a dietician before I started and she recommended I stick to between 1000-1200 calories per day to ensure I don't re-gain, and continue to lose after finishing duromine :laughing: Im currently aiming for the 1000 cals while on D, but I don't get there everyday :confused::p

Im coming to the end of my 3rd month now and will have a break before i continue on with the next script.
To date i have lost 17kgs! So proud. Clothes that didnt fit me for year's fit again and are even a little big in some places. Overall the cm loss has been the most positive. Even when the scales didnt move ( and the last 3 weeks has been really slow) the cms kept dropping
12cms off my waist
15cms off my hips
16cms off my bust
16cms off under my bust
6cms off the top of my arms
8cms off each thigh.
Dont give up! There have been some slow weeks and hormones mess with weight so much. I just had to keep beleiving...

Reactions: elbe
I still drink plenty of coffee, and it doesn't affect me at all. I have decreased how many I have a day, but only because I sometimes feel like I just can't drink it. I have had no side affects from duromine though, so it may have something to do with that :) Good luck for your first day!

So far so good! Ive been SUPER thirsty, which is pretty normal i guess. haven't felt hungry once, but i have made myself eat. :)

Reactions: can't wait to start
Hey everyone!

So nice to read people's stories and understand what they are going through.

I'm 29 weighing at 109kg.

I started duromine 30mg 2 days ago. No major side affects as yet. Just dry mouth a bit of extra energy and not hungry at all.

I've previosly tried the optifast diet but could never stick it out. Apparently after 3 days your body adjusts and you deal with the hunger pains. I never got past the first day!! My hunger always won!

I'm doing it while on duramine as I'm not the slightest bit hungry. I eat carrot and celery sticks throughout the day just to keep my fibre up. I've lost 1kg in 2 days. It's a good and easy alternative.

I've told all my friends I'm going to be a hermit for 4 weeks so im not tempted by food or Alcohol. Once I start seeing big results it will motivate me to push harder hopefully without the need of Duromine.

I'm a bit nervous about pushing too hard at the gym. Having this extra energy makes me feel my heart is racing faster than normal. and because I'm not eating actual food I don't want to over do it and collapse or something. Just taking it is doing treadmill and easy weights.

Your story has really motivated me! So excited to start seeing results!!

Never had any problems with coffee...or the odd glass of whine:p
Just give it 2 weeks and see how it goes. My side effects were a bit bad the first 2 weeks but completely disappeared after that. And you will probably get thirsty, so stock up on a water bottle!;);)

I drank 8 bottles of water yesterday! I have been so thirsty.
So far so good, i didn't get to sleep till about 12 but thats pretty normal when I'm home alone. today i feel good and not so heavy eyed...
interested to see how this week goes:)

You might have head aches due to coming off sugar or caffeine if you have stopped or limited it. Should go within a week. Also your body won't understand why it's not getting it's normal fill so could be freaking out a bit and causing head aches.
Good luck on your journey :)

Holy Dooley, I've had this packet of Duromine since February and was too scared to take it after all the bad feedback I've heard! I took my first 30mg this morning at 8 am and the energy I have I havent felt since I took a naughty white powder back in the 80's! I have managed ALL my housework, dust, shutters, vacuuming, total bathroom clean x 2, mopping, sweeping and for gods sake I even mopped the back deck! Did I stop there I hear you ask? No I did not, I went shopping, cooked a meal ( low fat of course) pick my dad up to share said meal, then returned him home after. Did I stop there? Yep I'm buggered but my head won't tun off! This forum I shall bombard with all my insomniac thoughts....
My name is Karen and I'm 47 and have gained weight rapidly since I turned about 45. 15 kg in 2 years! This is going to be quite the journey but I hope to fit comfortably in a pretty Allahnah Hill dress I purchased to wear to Melbourne cup in November. I live in Newcastle nsw..
I hope my mind settles down over the next few days. I feel hyper alert and the next minute I wondering how to pull my pants down for a pee .... Yeehaa

Hi all,

My name is Nikki and I live in Victoria. I am 21 years old and am 160cm tall and weigh 77kg. I have struggled with my weight since I was 16, when I first developed an eating disorder. My weight plummeted to 52kg at the lowest, but I was following some very unsustainable eating habits. I soon developed anxiety and depression, and have been on a variety of medications since. I am currently on Lovan and Lithium. As you can tell, I have put on a significant amount of weight since, and I believe that the medications that I am on are at least a little bit to blame. I have honestly tried everything, from limiting my calories to exercising excessively. I currently exercise 5 times a week, which includes the gym and playing soccer competitively. I have not had a sip of alcohol in more than a year and have recently transitioned to a vegan diet.

I went to the doctor yesterday to ask him for advice. He did the usual spiel of exercising more and eating less, and even wrote down a 'diet' plan for me. This 'diet' plan would restrict my daily calorie intake to a mere 600-800 calories a day, and included eating one piece of toast, a salad and half a sandwich, and no fruit. I thought this was ridiculous and will not be following it, as that was the kind of restrictive eating that led to my eating disorder last time. The doctor states that I need to lose 18kg in order to be healthy, which seems completely unachievable at this stage, as after a year of diet and exercise, I have never been able to stay below 76kg. After nearly bawling my eyes out telling him that I am at my wit's end, he prescribed me 15mg of Duromine.

So today marks my first day of being on Duromine. I already feel energetic, but am not sure if this is just a placebo effect. I started sweating more than usual within two hours of taking it. I have already drunk a litre of water. Despite not eating much for dinner last night, I have had no appetite this morning. All I've had were a few cashews.

Just a few questions for those who have been on Duromine:
- Does it actually suppress your appetite?
- Does it cause excessive sweating?
- Did you feel more energetic on it?
- Any other tips for me?

Sorry for the lengthy post. I hope to get to know those of you who have been bothered to read this :)

Nikki

It's working for me. My appetite is almost completely gone. I have to remind myself to eat. The most important thing to do is REMEMBER TO EAT! This pill isn't supposed to help starve you. It's supposed to suppress appetite to help you to stick to smaller portions.

Haven't been sweating. Only side effect is dry mouth. Drink heaps of water to stay hydrated!

I've been on it for a week and have stuck to the optifast intensive diet with veggies and I've lost 4.5kg so far.

Good luck!!!