My Journey As It Happens

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
Well here I am.... my first day on my new mission. To do something for me. I'm a single mum who works full time and in the past 10 years I have done nothing for myself.
During this past 10 years i have gained over 40kgs.... and lost my self confidence.
This year is my year!
I'm building a house getting paid more than ever before for a job i love and im about to get ME back!!!

Took my first 30mg tablet this morning. And feel great!
No dry mouth or headaches or any of the nasty stuff I've read about. In fact ive been bouncing around all day with a huge smile on my face.
Wish me luck!!!!!!
First weigh in is in 6 weeks and i intend to kick ass.
ill keep you posted

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Good luck! It is a new beginning, a new life for you! Yay! You can do it :laughing::)

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
Today marks day 4! I have found a renewed energy since starting duro. Its easier to get up in the morning, im getting so much more done in my day without the lulls in energy i had before. Yesterday involved a 6k walk followed by 2 hrs in the garden mowing etc. I actually slept pretty well last night too. 6.5hrs. I've been doing dance tutorials off youtube to burn more calories and doing that with my 10 year old gives us something fun to do together. No nasty side effects. Drinking at least 5L of water a day and making sure i eat 3 small meals and snack on fruit. This needs to be a time to retrain my habits. Im counting my calories and tracking my exercise via an app and things seem to be going well. 3 more days and ill take some measurements to see hiw im doing

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
9cms lost so far!
4 off my waist and 5 off my hips! In 1 week!!! I had to double check tonight just to make sure I got it right this morning.
Woohoo. I'm not going to weigh myself until the 6 week mark with my Dr. Just keep on going to way I am and I should see a great number lower than the last!
The calorie counter app is a real encouragement i try to overestimate on sizes and quantities so in the long run should be tracking well.

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
Well i know i said i wasn't going to weigh myself until the Dr does but just couldn't help myself tonight at a friends place..... the scales were just sitting there staring at me.... so i did... i jumped on... and nearly died. 10 days.... 8.3kgs. :) that was after dinner too.
I realise there may be a difference between the Dr scales and my friends but it couldn't be that huge surely...... i even checked that the scales went higher than what i saw- and they do a lot higher. So I'm pretty happy right now :)

jay

Standard Member
May 8, 2015
Congrats! How u doing so far? No updates in april? I just started my journey - need to lose 20kg. Well cant wait to hear how u doing

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hi jay, i am doing really well. Almost 7 weeks and im down 13 kgs! 2 dress sizes in places. Loving life.
Good luck to you. Keep me posted on your progress :)

Kayley

Standard Member
May 30, 2015
Brisbane
Wow that's incredible loss! How have u been going the last few weeks? Day one here :)

sharon71

Standard Member
Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for sharing, your story sounds so much like mine - single Mum, big weight gain, building a house.

I was so excited to read your posts. Would love to know how you are going.

bring.it.on.2015

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2015
Im coming to the end of my 3rd month now and will have a break before i continue on with the next script.
To date i have lost 17kgs! So proud. Clothes that didnt fit me for year's fit again and are even a little big in some places. Overall the cm loss has been the most positive. Even when the scales didnt move ( and the last 3 weeks has been really slow) the cms kept dropping
12cms off my waist
15cms off my hips
16cms off my bust
16cms off under my bust
6cms off the top of my arms
8cms off each thigh.
Dont give up! There have been some slow weeks and hormones mess with weight so much. I just had to keep beleiving...

Reactions: elbe

Colette

Standard Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hey everyone!

So nice to read people's stories and understand what they are going through.

I'm 29 weighing at 109kg.

I started duromine 30mg 2 days ago. No major side affects as yet. Just dry mouth a bit of extra energy and not hungry at all.

I've previosly tried the optifast diet but could never stick it out. Apparently after 3 days your body adjusts and you deal with the hunger pains. I never got past the first day!! My hunger always won!

I'm doing it while on duramine as I'm not the slightest bit hungry. I eat carrot and celery sticks throughout the day just to keep my fibre up. I've lost 1kg in 2 days. It's a good and easy alternative.

I've told all my friends I'm going to be a hermit for 4 weeks so im not tempted by food or Alcohol. Once I start seeing big results it will motivate me to push harder hopefully without the need of Duromine.

I'm a bit nervous about pushing too hard at the gym. Having this extra energy makes me feel my heart is racing faster than normal. and because I'm not eating actual food I don't want to over do it and collapse or something. Just taking it is doing treadmill and easy weights.

Your story has really motivated me! So excited to start seeing results!!