• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi guys- i hope u dont mind that i have joined this forum.. im from south africa.

Here's my info.. i am 1.53m tall (that's short) and my weight reached its peak at 67kg.. it may not seem like a lot but my bmi is way over and my weight for my height should be between 47-55kg.

i started on duromine on 27 July 2012 and felt amazing the entire day. I had a few moments where there were pangs of hunger but it quickly surpassed- and when it did, it left me feeling as if i had a full meal. Altho i didnt feel hungry much the entire day i still ate some bran for brekkie. about half a cup of basmati rice and chicken for lunch and some chicken and gravy for dinner. This week my eating went pretty much the same as the first day (small healthy meals with some fruit inbetween, and lots and lots of water). its not hard to drink a lot of water because one of the side effects i got was dry mouth, and the first 4 nights i had problems sleeping. but the last 2 nights have been good solid sleeps. i have been going to the gym as well but not doing too heavy a workout. about 30 minutes of good cardio and some resistance exercises- including ab exercises! i didnt wanna be one of those ppl who hopped on the scale everyday but i could feel my clothes fitting better by the next day. so since it was my 7th day yday- i decided to do a weigh-in and i was over the moon. in just 7 days i lost a whopping 5kg!! my weigh in was 62 kg!!! i guess going to gym does speed up the process because i have been eating enough to ensure that i get all necessary nutrients and had still only expected to have lost between 2-3 kgs. as excited as i am- i know that this is the easy part. maintaining it is going to be the hard part. i am determined to be more active and eat healthily- not until a certain time but as a LIFESTYLE. once i hit 55kg i will get off the duromine and then my mental strength will truly be tested.

I hope this has helped anyone that is considering going on duromine. I will try and leave feedback as often as possible as to how the journey is going.

oh btw- i am on 30mg

Hi nama1991
Thanks for sharing. So glad it has worked well for you so far. How is it going now?

hi rosewahya,

well im into the third week at the moment and feeling really good... the weight loss has slowed drastically (just abt 2 kgs since end of week 1)... but i was expecting that because at first u just lose the water weight. the only thing i find frustrating about the duromine is that the mouth gets realllllly dry. but at least it forces me to get enough water in. the other thing is- i skipped the duromine on 2 different occasions and totally forgot that i didnt take it coz i still felt no hunger! hope it continues this way! thanks for the interest :)

Im glad ur feeling really good, thats good to hear. Shame about the slowed weight loss but its prob for the best, more likely to keep it off that way. I am also suffering from the dry mouth. Chewing gum also helps. Good luck on the rest of ur journey.

I'm off to a good start this week, no cravings of junk or fatty foods or even chocolate & soft drink. I am finding that I have to remind myself to eat since I'm not feeling hungry as often. A new concept as this has never happened, I've actually had to remind myself to stop eating.

I've had a killer week with headaches but I've managed to control them so hopefully that's the worse side effect I've had.

I'm extremely happy with my progress this week; I've lost 3.9kg & 15cm all over. :) *happy dance*

Fi

Well done !

What do you eat for breakfast lunch and supper
I do still feel hungry but I don't crave and manage much smaller portions than normal.
Day 2 - no side effects yet

I'm on a high protein, low carb diet & lots of vegies. I'm staying away from white foods (rice, pastas, bread, pizza), fruit juice, drinking 2L of water. I also ate sugarless lollies & chewing gum to help with the dry mouth in the beginning.

Something's working as I've lost 7kg in just over 2 weeks & still eating but I'm eating smaller meals, I tend to fill up quicker & not get hungry as often.

I hope all goes well & I wish you lots of success on weight loss journey :)

How much exercise were you doing each day ?

I walk my dog everyday between half a hour to an hour (around 2km).

are you working up a sweat ? do you think thats enough ? cause thats what ive been doing to :) havnt weighed myself yet tho

Yeah, I do. my dog weighs 65kg of muscle so keeping him on track is a workout in it's self plus the walk consists of lots of hills & we mix it up with bush & beach walks.

I asked my dr if it would be enough, his response as long as I was moving.

I have a desk job so I make sure I get up & walk around every hour whether its for the toilet (I go to the furthest from my desk & take the stairs), I take the stairs (4 floor building) rather than the lift when I can, I walk to & from the train station so I guess there's a lot of steps in my day & most diets I've been on say you should do up 10,000/ day.

I hate the gym so I'd rather do anything but the gym so I walk. :)

ive been on the 30mg for 13 days now, and in my first week I lost 3kg's but now I still feel hungry - I get pangs of hunger and I am afraid that I may be putting weight on - am too scared to actually check...is there any way to fill up without eating a lot because I only eat when my stomach is like crying out from emptiness...my dietician says that that is a sign of my stomach getting smaller - has anyone else experienced like empty tummy cramps?

I had the stomach hunger pains on the 30mg and my doctor put me up to 40mg and they are all gone now. I have lost 12kg in 7 weeks :) good luck

no hunger pains, total opposite that i have to remind myself to eat. i haven't weighed myself for a couple of weeks but i can feel it in my clothes, even in my underwear. :laughing:

Did you lose any weight while you were on the 30mg? I was thinking of asking my doc to be put on the 40mg as i'm coming to my last prescribed month to give me a boost before I come off . Did you have any side effects when you went on the higher dosage?

check out my blog if u like, I went up to 40g and mention my side affects and how it's working .

HEY!
I'm 27, started this year at 91.2kg, now at 83.3kgs and am 159cm short ;)

I am 2 weeks in on the 30mg, after having a 'trial' pack about 6 months ago.
After the trial pack I decided to try again own (I guess I found it expensive and seemed to have alot of side effects on the trial batch)
I looked into clean eating(look it up or ask me about it if you don’t know, hard but worth it) and started going to the gym.

However, I have found it REALLY REALLY hard to budge the weight and even had to get some blood tests as with all the food and exercise changes it still stuck to me. So went back to the docs to give duromine a real try and am now just under the 3rd week.
I don’t have HUGE weight losses like others, so does sometimes get disheartening... but as I normally work my butt of (my gym sessions are with a Personal Traininer (yeah i know more $$$) so there’s no chance I’m slacking off) and have TOTALLY changed my food habits, I’m normally happy with any lose, and as I was stuck at 85.3 for about 3 months, with all the above mentioned changes, and in the last 3 weeks I’m now down and have stayed at 83.3.
I know that this is SO small in comparison to other peoples losses but I have read ALOT about doing this correctly and as I want it to stay off, I’m ok that it comes off slowly - cos I really don’t want it to come back

As for side effects... Umm... so I did have the over awake issue for the first 2-3 nights and now not so bad.
I take the tablet early when my partner gets up for work, sometimes manage to go back to sleep and when I wake up an hour or so later I'm more raring to go, I think, then when Im not on D.
I do sometimes get heart palpitations? but only very mildly and they dont normally last for long.
Sometimes i seem sweatier or get a hot flash feeling but normally dont last long and dont think about it too much...
I dont have mood swings since doing the full batch, but I did notice it a bit on the trial... strange? glad I dont have it now...
I still have the nausea feeling and I do get a rumbling tummy (oh an tummy kinda mini cramp like things)... so not sure if/when that goes away... I think its cos maybe my tummy is use to filling up more and although my head says it’s not hungry... my stomach is still use to being fed more? maybe with time that will go away... maybe that and the nausea will ease together? lol...

I kept a pretty intense 'duromine diet daily diary' when I did the trial, and was helpful but became a bit obsessive... so havent done the daily diary again but I recommend it if it help you.

I also did food photos of each meal and posted them on instagram for a while - to keep accountable... but when you eat the same things, that soon becomes boring too...

These are just a few things i have done while on D to keep me interested and motivated, anyway... this has gotten really long (whoops sorry) and not sure if it’s helpful or not but - Hi! Let me know if you want to chat

M xxx
(WorkingHardtobeLean )

Hello everyone.
I started using duromine 18days ago.I got a prescription for 3months. Before I started I googled about the product and I must say I was discouraged by the posts I found. anyway I decided to try it for myself. SW: 114kg, CW:110kg, GW:90kg. I am very happy I have lost 4kgs so far. I walk everyday for an hour and have cut down on my portions, however I do feel hungry through out the day and yet Duromine is supposed to suppress my appetite. I have not experienced any of the side effects, thank goodness. My problem is that my weight fluctuates. When I weigh myself at different times during the day my weight is different, usually more than what I have recorded. what is the correct way of weighing myself and which is the correct time to do so? I was hoping for bigger numbers in weight loss but only managed to lose 2kgs in the first week and only 1kg in the second week.I weighed myself today so I could put my current weight on this forum and realised I had dropped to 110kg. I read on other posts that it is ok not to lose weight drastically but hope to reach my goal weight at the end of 3months.

I hope to stay motivated and to keep resisting the temptation to give up especially when it comes to eating healthy.

morning, the hunger pains could be either ur tummy playing tricks on u,or it's a mild side affect. ot it could be like me u need to go the the higher dose. if u weigh ur self try and stick to one day at the same time e.g..morning or evenings. u always weigh heavier in the evenings. u r very luck to have no side affects, just try and keep ur water intake up and u will find the weight coming off.

good luck :)