• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
WOW Mummamooshka!!!!!

That is an awesome achievement! So happy for you! I am sorry to hear about your daughter but am inspired by your positivity and motivation to keep at it.

My weightloss progress has been "slow" again, but I think its because of all the exercise. I am honestly really loving it for the first time in my life. I am lucky in that I do have the extra time at the moment and I know its not always possible.BUT I have lost 4cm off my tummy yay! So going to keep pushing.

mummamooshka said:
Hi I'm great. Day 12 and I'm 4.5kg lighter. Have had dry mouth. Well the hot flushes are still happening but I'm going to see a gyro to sort it out. Have had a major family crisis with my daughter who may potentially have to have a lung transplant but all is positive and will remain positive.
How are you going on your journey

Hi There, Sorry I haven't written sooner but time just gets away when your busy. So sorry to hear about your daughter must be heart breaking for you, sending big hug's will be thinking of you both. Been the same as you with the hot flushes they have been bad but yesterday I had a free day from them some maybe there starting to settle down now,well one can only hope, fingers crossed..
Congrats on your 4.5kg loss that's great :) so how's everything else going with your journey, have you the bike and treadmill yet? what about your love for junk food has that settled down a bit now.? write to me tell all would love to hear about it.
It's day15 for me been on the 15mg of duro, was weigh in this morning and the scales said, 1.6kg loss so that's good. Haven't had any side effects at all but I do wake up early around 6- 6:30 but that's ok it gives me plenty of time to feed all the animals before I go to aqua aerobics at 8am yep started going to that,use to go all the time before loved it then and love going now. Well better get going, was great to hear from you. Take care and happy slimming :)
cheers Sallie :)

Hi all! I just thought I'd share my experience and get and give some tips. :)

I'm a 20 year old female I am 163 cms tall. I weigh 124 kgs . My long term goal weight is 85 kg. My short term goal weight (the 6 months I'll be on 40mg duromine) is 99kg. 25 kgs. I started this morning. I woke up at 5.00, starving mind you. (Which happens occasionally for me)Took the pill at 5.05am and began getting ready for work.. by 5.45 the hunger was still there I went to work and had 1/4 of a cup of museli and about 4 tbs of low fat strawberry yogurt. It didn't feel like it hit the spot. ... I ignored the sensation of hunger as I felt like that should have been enough to carry me over till lunch. I had a about 300 mils of water and that was the 1st time I felt the pill kick in. I had a buRst of energy.. I went non stop for 5 hrs( I usually last 5 mins lol! ) I went for lunch at 12pm and had some leftover tuna bake from last night. Usually I'd eat about 5 cups roughly and still have room for 5 more. I literally had one cup (roughly) and could not for the life of me fit in anything else. I was stoked with this result, on day one. For dinner I had steamed cauliflower and broccoli florets and 3 vita wheat lunch slice biscuits with tuna. All up today I dramk 5 liters of water. & I had buckets of energy up until about quarter to 8pm. I am in bed at this time and will update you all on how I sleep :) I have read the first day is the worst, in that case - bring this adventure on!!!

Hello Skinnynic and good luck! Seems you have a long path to go, so you have to be strong.
Wow! 5 liters you're a hero! Normally I couldn't drink more than 2.
I hope you'll sleep well at night and wish your energy was the same as the first day!

xoxo ;)

This morning I have woken up at 4am because my partners alarm went off. I usually sleep right through it untill 5, but I woke up feeling good so I am running an hour early! :) last night I fell asleep at around 9.30 and woke just after 1am, couldn't get back to sleep until around 2.30am and woke up again at 4. I feel like I have had enpugh sleep. So I'm happy with that.

Bring on Wednesday, day two!

Question: am I able to have pain killers I.e panadol whilst taking duromine? In case I get a headache etc.

Normally, painkillers are ok. Make sure you take the one that relieves a headache not just any kind of pain.

Thanks heaps. :)

Day 2. Feeling great. No mood changes or anything like that - tones of energy, still. Iv been working so hard my feet are sore but that's a small price to pay even just for the extra energy! Looking forward to day three!! I'm so excited to weigh in on Tuesday. My food intake today consisted of: took my pill at 430am* One (naughty) multigrain chciken and cheese sandwich. At about 5am 2 handfuls of grapes at about 9.30am
3/4s of a 6 inch subway flatbread with turkey and ham, cucumber, tomato,lettuce, carrot, and cucumber. With a 600 ml water. 7.30pm I had 2 vita wheat lunch slices with ham and tomato.

I am so surprised at myself for not feeling all that hungry and filling up much quicker. Its amazing :)

Welcome. I so much like your menu! Mmmm meat+veggies yum!
Yes, that's what Duromine does - suppresses your hunger. All the rest you do yourself and your body loses extra fat little by little.

Go on! Have a great day!

Ahh, Sunday already! I have been meaning to post earlier but I have been extra busy.. on Thursday I ate pretty much the same as Wednesday and on Friday I was driving all day so I packed some healthy snacks to take along with me. Saturday was the worst day of the week for me food-wise... I took my pill at 5.30am and didnt have breakfast until 7.30am I had a banana and about a cup of grapes. At 11.30 I had a half of a 6 inch subway turkey and ham wrap with lots of salad. I was at the beach between 12 and 1pm.. and I started to feel rather dizzy and sick so I got out of the surf and went an had a huge drink of water and sat down for about 20 mins.. I still wasn't feeling well I felt like i needed some sugar sooo (probably not the best choice) but I got an ice cream cone and sat down and after that I felt much better. . In the arvo I had a banana and half an apple. Driving home that night I felt a the same as I did at the beach so I pulled into a servo and I got a twix bar and ate it throughout the 4 hr drive home. While I was away I weighed myself on different scales and I was down to 118.9 which was a 1.1kg weihhtloss for the last 3 days but when I got home and weighed myself I was still 120. I'm not sure if I did lose it and gain it back again from my ice cream cone and chocolate bar but it's ok the price I have to pay.. so tomorrow is the last day of this week so I will do a final weigh for week 1, tomorrow but so far it is 4kg. Oh Friday and Saturday I would have been lucky if I drank 1lt of water each of the days..

Monday: woke up weighing 119', another kg lost. 5kg lost this week so far, tomorrow is the real deal though wish me luck!! :)

Good luck, skinny!
Personaly I think you felt sick at the bitch because of the Sun. Don't you think?
All in all it is ridiculous to think you gained a kilo because of a chocolate bar. These first kgs you lose - mostly water and some toxins, so a stable weight loss you can notice at second and third weeks. Don't worry, yet try to change your nutritional habits. Life is cool without icecream too!

Defiantly! Ok so today I have had the yukkiest feelings of dizziness and nausea I felt like I needed to vomit all day but even when I tried to force myself nothing came up... still feeling pretty yuck. Going to bed extra early tonight to try and sleep it off. I drank 3 lts of water today had an orange an apple and a banana 2 dry crackers, for lunch I had a chicken burger and for dinner we had Chinese so couple of pieces of Lemon chicken some fried rice and little bit of noodles.. anyways I'm rather conserened about the dizziness and what not because it really effects my performance at work.. is it normal after no side effects the 1st week to get them the second week? Is it side effects or is it something to do with what I have been eating ? Hmm I hope it doesn't last long, anyway, still going to soldier on through it :)

Would skipping the tablet for a day help anything? Like give my body a break from the drug or would it be like starting over new?

Nope. Don't listen to anyone who suggests you skipping a dose. Duromine only has to be used every day.

Last edited:
Back on track today feeling great dizziness went away nothing but good feelings today, yay! Ate well today 2.5 lts of water.. I heard bananas are no good for weightloss? I eat maybe one every 2 days I feel like they fill me up more than an apple..

Reactions: linda
I drink banana smothies for breakfast almost everyday itkeepsme full until lunch time. Ive lost almos 10 pounds in 18 days

Reactions: Kate
Hi , I started my Journey with Duramine this morning . I am 90.5kg this morning. I have always struggled with my weight . I have Underactive Thyroid that certainly doesnt help but i am also a stress eater ! I have 4 kids , one of my children has medical and Intellectual disabilities and takes up loads of my time at appointments etc so I usually have to grab something to eat as i run out the door and its usually its the quickest thing like a mueslie bar or similar. Mid January I was in the right head space to lose weight and gain my health back . I began a green smoothie once a day, low carb , high protein approach. I was so strict with heaps of walking and no crap food. I hardly lost anything and plataued most of the time. My dr rechecked my thyroid but i am within normal range. I asked about Duromine and she said to give it a try :) so here i am !!
I am so keen ! I turn 40 at the end of June and i desperately wanted my health/weight back on track before then. I also think to the future sometimes. I need my health and weight in check so i can help my kids especially my special needs girl and i need to do it for ME !

Hi Dani. I'm Sharon. I've been on Duromine 2 weeks. Long story shortened is I was getting lots of headaches and gave it away for a few months and started again a couple of weeks ago and this time no side effects. I'm 90.8 kg down from starting at nearly 95 kg. Our daughter walks the aisle for the second time in September and I'd love to be somewhere in the mid-70s by then. Not putting pressure on myself to be super skinny by then (dreaming of 67 kg though if I was honest!) Even if not at goal but thin enough to look nice and feel self-confident instead of looking like a watermelon lol and wishing I wasn't so fat.

Hi Sharon , did you lose 5kg in a couple of weeks ?! thats fantastic ! Its great you have a goal ! I am going on holiday in 4 1/2 weeks . It is going to be really warm there so i am hoping to feel at least a bit better about wearing bathers by then ! I have plataued for so long any loss is going to pick up my self esteem again ! I would love to be 70 kg :) :)

Yes I did. Others lose more. My Doctor, who suggested them to me said she had a lady lose 15 kg in 4 months. Well wouldn't I like to do that lol. I don't want to put pressure on myself and expect to lose 4-5 kg a month. But I wish it would be somewhere around 800 gm to a kilo. I lost 900 last week. And that is eating around 1400-1500 cals and 4 walks. Was also spring cleaning and getting up and down on a ladder and cleaning walls. Some people kind of lose their appetite. Not me. But the pills sure help me to feel like I crave sugar less and I seem to have more will power on them. So that's a good thing. They say drinking water keeps the metabolism chugging along. And I nibble on carrots in between meals if I'm hungry. I don't get what I call hungry hungry. It's more missing that really full filling in your stomach like you get when you over-eat on a regular basis. I guess it takes time for the old stomach to get used to about 30% less volume in there! Where abouts are you located? I'm in north Queensland. And this sunshine state around here is absolutely pouring down with rain!