Determined93 said:
Congrats of your loss so far, you have done amazingly! I love seeing progress photos so thank you for posting :)
I was looking for progress photos when I first started. I hate photos myself but it’s the only way I can keep track plus remind myself how far I’ve come.

Reactions: Determined93
How are you doing today Lottie?

You weight loss has been fab :)

Start date 13/05/18
Dose: 30mg
Start weight: 100kgs
Current weight: 97kgs
Weight loss so far: 3kgs

I started my duromine journey on the 13th may 2018 and I have survived my first week.
A little about me....
I have always had problems with my weight since I remember. I have tried almost everything from Jenny Craig, paleo diet to almost starving myself on weight loss shakes. I would loose small amounts of weight and then in disappointment I would put it back on in a matter of weeks.
After trying for years to loose weight I was finally diagnosed with PCOS ( Polycysic overian syndrome). If any of the women have this sydrome you would understand the massive struggle to loose weight. It’s dishearting becuse I would be going to the gym morning and night for a vigorous workout but still not loose a single kilo.
On my last visit to the doctors, my doctor decided to try me on duromine. I’ll be completely honest with you. I was in two minds about taking the tablets especially when you hear different sides of its success, failure and side effects.
I decided to give it a go. There wasn’t much to loose. If it didn’t work I knew that I tried.
My first week was an experience ;) i was feeling great, I had energy, I wasn’t hungry, I didn’t have cravings for naughty foods and I wasn’t snacking. I had a few side effects. I found that I couldnt sleep and would wake up every hour, I was nauseous most days, I felt sweaty and clammy and I also was sometimes dizzy.
I slowly worked out how to avoid the side effects by tweaking my day. When I felt nauseous I would snack on some grapes or cherry tomatoes. Within minutes I was feeling better. I also increased my water by double. This stopped my dizziness. I still have trouble sleeping but each night I’m getting a few more hours sleep. I have started taking my tablet earlier each day by 30mins. I now wake up at 4am to take it instead of 6am. I feel towards the end of the night I’m starting to feel tired.
My first week was a success. After weighing in on Sunday I had lost a total of 3kgs.
This is a huge achievement for me. I was excited jumping on the scales to see 3kgs gone.
I still have got a long journey ahead of me starting with seeing a dietitian this week. I want to set myself into good healthy habits. I know I won’t be on duromine forever and it’s only a kick start but if I change my lifestyle I will be more likely to keep the weight off.
I’m excited to share my journey with you all and follow your experiences :rolleyes:
I’m excited for week 2! :)

Yay! So glad you started your own thread :). I am really looking forward in reading about your journey as it continues.

And just wanted to say again the 3kgs is an awesome start!

Thank god for sleep right? It made me feel so much better!

Rava said:
Yay! So glad you started your own thread :). I am really looking forward in reading about your journey as it continues.

And just wanted to say again the 3kgs is an awesome start!

Thank god for sleep right? It made me feel so much better!

I think I’m on a roll lol
I slept right through again last night. Yay!! So fingers crossed the worse is over.
Plus I lost another 300gms :)

How’s your sleep going?

Reactions: Rava
I had one crappy night last Friday - was up to 3 am - slept to just before 9am, but that was it.

In all honesty I don't think it was because of the Duromine either - had some crappy news earlier that evening, and the hubby and I stayed up talking about it. Of course he could drop off to sleep ASAP after, but it took me another hour before I could!

The rest have been fine :). Im probably averaging at least 7 hours now if not a little more ;)

I’m sorry about your news. I hope everything is okay!
That’s awesome about your sleep! I’m feeling like the second week is becoming easier to mange. It’s like my body is starting to get used to it.
Hopefully the sleep continues to increase :)

All is good!. Thanks for your concern *hugs* it was just one of those things we had to nut out there and then :)

So glad you are feeling its a lot easier for you!

Dont forget to take your measurements as well. I forgot my first week but took them down last Sunday to see if and what changes there would be this week.

Would love to hear about your diet also, if you are comfortable sharing? I am always looking for new things to try :)

Reactions: April
I jotted down my measurements half way through my first week. So I might wait till tomorrow to measure myself and see if I have lost some cms.
I have noticed some of my work pants are a little loose around the waist so I’ll take it as a good sign :)
Sure I’m more than happy to share my experience at the dietitian. I’m not heading there till Saturday but I’ll definitely keep you posted.
We should start a threat with healthy meal ideas. Might give people some inspiration for lunches and dinners. I know that’s what I used to struggle with. I used to hate boring food so that’s why I used to eat bad foods. If people have exciting, yummy healthy recipes they might less likely fall back into bad habits :)

Miss_samy said:
We should start a threat with healthy meal ideas. Might give people some inspiration for lunches and dinners. I know that’s what I used to struggle with. I used to hate boring food so that’s why I used to eat bad foods. If people have exciting, yummy healthy recipes they might less likely fall back into bad habits :)

That's a fantastic idea! I haven't got through all of the forum sections as yet, so don't know if there is something like this, but @April should be able to let us know and if it is ok to do :)

Reactions: Miss_samy
I feel your pain as i, too have PCOS.

I’ve had 3 major operations because of it, 2 major operations in the space of 10 months. It screwed my weight. I had dropped 20kgs but gained most back due to not being able to move or work out.

My doctor put me on Duromine as he thought I’d be a good candidate for it. So far I’m 10kgs down and hoping to smash my 20kg goal by the end of my 3 months.

Good luck x

Reactions: Miss_samy and Rava
Rava said:
That's a fantastic idea! I haven't got through all of the forum sections as yet, so don't know if there is something like this, but @April should be able to let us know and if it is ok to do :)

there you go. enter this category and make your thread rock, ladies! Any contribution is great and thank you in advance for the recipes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rava and Miss_samy
Rava said:
That's a fantastic idea! I haven't got through all of the forum sections as yet, so don't know if there is something like this, but @April should be able to let us know and if it is ok to do :)[/QUOTE
@April has a thread already made up! I’m going to go and explore some awesome recipes. Plus I’ll keep you updated about Saturday. I’m excited to start a new healthy lifestyle :)

Lottie86 said:
I feel your pain as i, too have PCOS.

I’ve had 3 major operations because of it, 2 major operations in the space of 10 months. It screwed my weight. I had dropped 20kgs but gained most back due to not being able to move or work out.

My doctor put me on Duromine as he thought I’d be a good candidate for it. So far I’m 10kgs down and hoping to smash my 20kg goal by the end of my 3 months.

Good luck x

Well done for losing 10kgs! What an amazing effort! How do you feel once you have lost some weight? Have you noticed any difference in yourself?
Please keep in touch to let us know how you are going! :)

Miss_samy said:
Well done for losing 10kgs! What an amazing effort! How do you feel once you have lost some weight? Have you noticed any difference in yourself?
Please keep in touch to let us know how you are going! :)
My eating habits and relationship with food has changed. I’m determined to drop the weight so made sacrifices and think it’s paying off :)

Reactions: Miss_samy and April
UPDATE:
started weight: 100kgs
Current weight 96kgs
Total loss 4kgs
Measurements: total loss of 5cm

Yesterday I weighed in and I finally hit the 96kgs mark! I’m excited with the total loss of 4kgs. It’s a huge achievement for me.
Today I remeasured my waist, bust and hips. I had lost a total of 5cm in 10 days. It’s a small amount but I’m happy with it :)

@Rava I had my dietician appointment this morning and it was a fantastic experience. It was a real eye opener on foods that I thought was healthy in my diet but are completely full of sugar.
I highly recommend a visit to the dietician, especially when your doctor can refer you to the care plan through Medicare. So I only had to pay a small gap.
Today was mostly talking about my goals and what are my main concerns of loosing weight. He looked at my diet that I would have day to day and then explained what I could tweak to make it the healthier option.
I am the first to admit, I am addicted to sugar. So the odd can of coke which has roughly 9 teaspoons of sugar in it actually makes me store my sugar as fat. Also it’s the same as orange juice. Orange juice has more sugar than one can of coke (that literally blew my mind lol). So I’m back to water and mineral water with a drop of diet cordial for my fizzy drink.
Also changing my lunch ideas especially at work. I work in one of Australia’s biggest banks in head office so I don’t usually always get the whole 30mins to eat so I used to put a frozen meal into a microwave and that would be my lunch. Instead I am changing to wholegrain sandwich’s with loads of veg and protein and a yoghurt. Still easy and time efficient and I can eat between meetings.
I have another appointment with him next Saturday. He will have a meal plan prepared. I will keep you updated so watch this space :) :)

Miss_samy said:
UPDATE:
started weight: 100kgs
Current weight 96kgs
Total loss 4kgs
Measurements: total loss of 5cm

Yesterday I weighed in and I finally hit the 96kgs mark! I’m excited with the total loss of 4kgs. It’s a huge achievement for me.
Today I remeasured my waist, bust and hips. I had lost a total of 5cm in 10 days. It’s a small amount but I’m happy with it :)

@Rava I had my dietician appointment this morning and it was a fantastic experience. It was a real eye opener on foods that I thought was healthy in my diet but are completely full of sugar.
I highly recommend a visit to the dietician, especially when your doctor can refer you to the care plan through Medicare. So I only had to pay a small gap.
Today was mostly talking about my goals and what are my main concerns of loosing weight. He looked at my diet that I would have day to day and then explained what I could tweak to make it the healthier option.
I am the first to admit, I am addicted to sugar. So the odd can of coke which has roughly 9 teaspoons of sugar in it actually makes me store my sugar as fat. Also it’s the same as orange juice. Orange juice has more sugar than one can of coke (that literally blew my mind lol). So I’m back to water and mineral water with a drop of diet cordial for my fizzy drink.
Also changing my lunch ideas especially at work. I work in one of Australia’s biggest banks in head office so I don’t usually always get the whole 30mins to eat so I used to put a frozen meal into a microwave and that would be my lunch. Instead I am changing to wholegrain sandwich’s with loads of veg and protein and a yoghurt. Still easy and time efficient and I can eat between meetings.
I have another appointment with him next Saturday. He will have a meal plan prepared. I will keep you updated so watch this space :) :)
Just a tip always read the label on yoghurts. Some contain so much sugar. If I ever have yoghurt I opt for plain Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt with frozen berries :)

Miss_samy said:
UPDATE:

@Miss_samy Well done you! Great result on both your loss of weight and cm's!

Miss_samy said:
UPDATE:USER=28486]@Rava[/USER] Today was mostly talking about my goals and what are my main concerns of loosing weight. He looked at my diet that I would have day to day and then explained what I could tweak to make it the healthier option.

That info alone in how you can tweak it to make it more healthier is worth its weight in gold! I love me some options!!

Miss_samy said:

Sugar addict *raises her hand*. You know I just came to this realisation myself thanks to @skinnymee where she posted how sugar withdrawal affected you on my "Day by Day" thread. I have never been one for soft drinks, and even though I love juice if I have too much I break out in hives... but it was my coffee intake which I didn't consider! Eight cups with 2 sugars each - 16 teaspoons of added sugar to my diet each day - 112 teaspoons each week!!

I have been to a Dietician in the past, but I do think another visit is a very good option for me! Thank you :)

Miss_samy said:

Will do! and thanks for sharing your experience! Very much appreciate it :)

Hi all...I posted a intro the other day but for some reason the thread was dated 2015...lol. Thanks Rava for letting me know Hope this finds the right time and thread for you to see.
I'm 1 week down and have 1.8 kilos and 10 cms lost on measurements. I find its soooo important to measure yourself every week as scales do not always tell the truth As we all know how disheartening it is when we dont see a loss. I'm 47 single mum with 2 awesome kids 12 & 10. Ive always struggled with weight and would say the fatter I am the sadder my life is as I use food as a medicine. I love being curvy and womanly so Im not aiming for skinny. Size 12 is my perfect look on me. Im a 18 to 16 atm and feel uncomfortable. My friends family always say Im beautiful at any weight Ive been over the years which is lovely but you have to feel it yourself! Ive had health issues the last 6 months and have lost 2 family members a friend and my 13year old staffy all in that time. Hence weight goes through the roof which brings me here. I have overcome my health issues and have let go of toxic people in my life in the last month and am ready for me! Im moving house soon sooo cant wait! This year is full of new beginnings for me and transforming to my authentic self is the goal! Hope you all feel the same about yourself too ❤

Now that’s a massive change that you’re going through! Welcome to the forum and I hope that your weight loss journey will become one of those pleasant things that help you get the control of your life and enjoy it to the fullest! Wish you all the best and congrats on the first weight and cm’s lost!!!

Reactions: Rachel Fitton