• ☝A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
AnnaK said:
oh i know that it will take some time, i was just thinking that there'd be a change in energy levels at least. i know some have said the weight loss can occur quite slowly at first too. i'm certainly not about to throw the towel in just yet.

i just wondered if the dosage is enough or am i just being impatient

You could be a little impatient or having unrealistic expectations.... Duromine affects everyone differently and to varying degrees. Personally, as far as “energy” was concerned, it just made me feel slightly less lethargic- more able to perform normal duties- it did not give me the energy and speed of a Hummingbird’s wings.

You’re on 30mg which is a good dosage, the next step up is the last step up- 40mg. You may discuss it with your GP and decide to trial a higher dose, but if it does increase your energy and decrease your appetite it will likely increase other symptoms too Like mood swings and insomnia. Personally, I’d wait at least two weeks before making that decision- give the 30mg a real go. It’s not life altering and that’s a *good* thing- you don’t want to be hyperactive and not eating or sleeping. If you’re losing weight and that was the goal then why risk additional side effects?

Reactions: April
Plucky said:
I found it took a couple of days for my appetite to actually be suppressed. I’ve had a day here and there where I haven’t taken it and am ravenous the next day. I still get hungry but I have been able to kick those pick me up sugar rushes I’d look for in the arvo.

2 days isn’t long, I didn’t drop drastic amounts of weight if the first few days like some people. But I’ve just started the 2nd sleeve of tabs and i was 4.7kg down on Friday morning.
yeah i'm on day 6 and the appetite isnt too bad, i am fairly lethargic but i have tiny bursts where i'm not.
i suppose i'd just hoped to have lost a little more but anyway i'll see how i go. congrats on the loss btw

Stargazer said:
You could be a little impatient or having unrealistic expectations.... Duromine affects everyone differently and to varying degrees. Personally, as far as “energy” was concerned, it just made me feel slightly less lethargic- more able to perform normal duties- it did not give me the energy and speed of a Hummingbird’s wings.

You’re on 30mg which is a good dosage, the next step up is the last step up- 40mg. You may discuss it with your GP and decide to trial a higher dose, but if it does increase your energy and decrease your appetite it will likely increase other symptoms too Like mood swings and insomnia. Personally, I’d wait at least two weeks before making that decision- give the 30mg a real go. It’s not life altering and that’s a *good* thing- you don’t want to be hyperactive and not eating or sleeping. If you’re losing weight and that was the goal then why risk additional side effects?
i intend to give it a go before i rush back to my gp. thanks

What’s your calorie deficit? If it’s less than 1, 100 per day (note exercise but don’t count those calories) then 1kg in 7 days (0.5-1.5kg depending on the person) is a reasonable expectation.

The huge drop people see in the first week is primarily “water weight” which will be gained back so don’t feel depsondent about that. I’d already lost 2kg in water weight before I started due to gastro and not being able to eat properly for a week so I wasn’t surprised to only lose 2.4kg of mass my first week.

:)

Stargazer said:
What’s your calorie deficit? If it’s less than 1, 100 per day (note exercise but don’t count those calories) then 1kg in 7 days (0.5-1.5kg depending on the person) is a reasonable expectation.

The huge drop people see in the first week is primarily “water weight” which will be gained back so don’t feel depsondent about that. I’d already lost 2kg in water weight before I started due to gastro and not being able to eat properly for a week so I wasn’t surprised to only lose 2.4kg of mass my first week.

:)
i havent been able to do much exercise yet. i actually just had iron infusions because my levels were so low due to a kidney disease. so i've been expecting my energy to be higher as a result of that (which it has not).
however i plan on pushing myself no matter what.

yeah my deficit is a little higher. but like you said, it varies for everyone and its a process not a quick fix.

-1, 100 per day for 7 days = 0.5-1.5kg

Significantly more than that and you’re most likely eating less than 800 calories per day which isn’t advisable per se (and would explain why you’re so hungry, lovely).

If your deficit is significantly less than that, you can give it time, but also double check you’re recording absolutely everything that passes your lips from a nut to cup of tea. Not saying you’re not doing that, but if you do have a deficit significantly more than that and you aren’t losing what you should be losing it’s either temporary or just question whether it’s possible you’re missing something in your food diary or it hasn’t been weighed and measured strictly with no estimates. Just a suggestion :)

Reactions: AnnaK
Stargazer said:
-1, 100 per day for 7 days = 0.5-1.5kg

Significantly more than that and you’re most likely eating less than 800 calories per day which isn’t advisable per se (and would explain why you’re so hungry, lovely).

If your deficit is significantly less than that, you can give it time, but also double check you’re recording absolutely everything that passes your lips from a nut to cup of tea. Not saying you’re not doing that, but if you do have a deficit significantly more than that and you aren’t losing what you should be losing it’s either temporary or just question whether it’s possible you’re missing something in your food diary or it hasn’t been weighed and measured strictly with no estimates. Just a suggestion :)
its only slightly higher so i'm hoping its temporary. I do monitor my intake carefully. But you're right, i could be missing something.
thank you for help, hopefully this next week i'll start and feel a little better about it all

First week done and dusted with a loss of 3.5kg

Started off with 15mg. Start my 30mg tomorrow for three months. Happy to see the numbers go down, no idea what my goal is as of yet.

Side effects - just a dry mouth with energy (which I don’t mind at all:laughing:).

First few days I wasn’t really hungry. The size of my meals have dropped and I’ve changed my diet. Started back at the gym yesterday so I’m happy about that. I work on my feet a lot so can clock up 6-10kms a day.

Getting married next year so would love to look good for that but mainly doing this for health and well being :)

That's super! I'm sure you'll look fantastic for your wedding regardless.

Regarding your goals, can I suggest mini goals? I think your ultimate goal should be what puts you in a "healthy" weight range according to BMI (no it's not always super accurate and it's just a guide but as guides go it's at least partially scientifically backed and therefore worthy of consideration). For you, your ultimate healthy weight range would be "54.7 - 73.7kg".

That can be daunting when you're just starting though, so some people use mini-goals! You can make them as small as 1kg or as much as 5 or 10kg as long as the time period is realistic. I've spent a lot of time doing these types of calculations (I can only believe in something if I can see the science behind it, I can't blindly hope for the best like some, knowing the numbers helps me keep focused and believe it's possible- numbers don't lie) so I always try to encourage others to do the same so they don't come back in a week and say "I only lost X! I'm so disappointed!" when X was actually a realistic goal to begin with for that time frame so they should be happy!

Some say setting goals is crucial to success. Up to you what you choose to do!

GL! (And I frickin' love your avatar :laughing:)

Stargazer said:
That's super! I'm sure you'll look fantastic for your wedding regardless.

Regarding your goals, can I suggest mini goals? I think your ultimate goal should be what puts you in a "healthy" weight range according to BMI (no it's not always super accurate and it's just a guide but as guides go it's at least partially scientifically backed and therefore worthy of consideration). For you, your ultimate healthy weight range would be "54.7 - 73.7kg".

That can be daunting when you're just starting though, so some people use mini-goals! You can make them as small as 1kg or as much as 5 or 10kg as long as the time period is realistic. I've spent a lot of time doing these types of calculations (I can only believe in something if I can see the science behind it, I can't blindly hope for the best like some, knowing the numbers helps me keep focused and believe it's possible- numbers don't lie) so I always try to encourage others to do the same so they don't come back in a week and say "I only lost X! I'm so disappointed!" when X was actually a realistic goal to begin with for that time frame so they should be happy!

Some say setting goals is crucial to success. Up to you what you choose to do!

GL! (And I frickin' love your avatar :laughing:)
Thankyou so much!

Mini goal will be atleast a kg a week or that’s what I’ll be aiming for :)

Perfect! Are you keeping a food diary? You could easily make that goal if you stuck to about 1200 calories per day (you might even lose more in the beginning). Is that your plan already?

Stargazer said:
Perfect! Are you keeping a food diary? You could easily make that goal if you stuck to about 1200 calories per day (you might even lose more in the beginning). Is that your plan already?
Yes, I have a diary, started it before I found this forum. I write what I eat / drink and how I’m feeling that day. (If I didn’t I’d probably get paranoid about not doing enough)

Reactions: Sherlock_76
Hey! =) Welcome to our wonderful online Duromine community! You seem to be a very positive person and I wish you to have the same happy and positive weight loss journey! Now that you know your small weight loss goals, you can also set other small goals that have to do with those little changes in your life, which will eventually help you reach a healthy weight and a fitter body. I am talking about something like “this week, I will make 5 push-ups every day”, “this week I will have a coffee scrub to improve my skin condition every day after shower”, etc. etc. Once the week is over and you’ve reached these goals, and they are already a habit, add other small things. It’s just a suggestion, but it works really well. When you incorporate short, yet important, tasks for yourself in your everyday life, it changes as if unnoticeably. High five for the food diary! Love people, who start their weight loss journey with this important step of self-control. Keep up the great work and congrats on your first motivating weight loss!

Wish you a better week and a seriously better mood and attitude towards a great weight loss of 1 kilo. As I often say
 consider the fact that you were gaining weight before
 and you would have gained it this week, as well. Instead you lost 1 kilo, so its minus one and what you would have gained. Any, ANY minus is great, even 200 grams, because it means that your weight is going in another direction from now on, the direction that you want it to go. Chin up!

796347A8-6CEA-48EE-A1C8-A8E9807B0787.jpeg
Day 35

Starting weight : 120kg
Current weight: 110.4kgs
Total loss so far 9.6kgs
Goal weight: 95kg - anything under 100!
Main goal is 20kg anything over that is a bonus.

I started with 15mg for a week before going on to 30mg.

What I’ve done so far:
*Cut out breads etc, refined sugars, soft drinks, high carb foods
*Smaller portion sizes
*Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack (if I’m hungry) dinner
* I carry a snack with me if I’m going out.
*Gym when I can (mainly weekends) as I’m always moving at work (My job can be quite physical)
*Water water water!
*If eating in town I research menus and make changes where required.

Side effects:
*Dry mouth
*Can get abit emotional at times or grumpy.
*Headaches (only a couple)

I don’t measure myself because I suck at it. I take more pics and use the scales.

Still learning along the way... can’t wait to see what happens :)

Congrats of your loss so far, you have done amazingly! I love seeing progress photos so thank you for posting :)

Reactions: Lottie86
Lottie86 said:
796347a8-6cea-48ee-a1c8-a8e9807b0787-jpeg.850

Day 35

Starting weight : 120kg
Current weight: 110.4kgs
Total loss so far 9.6kgs
Goal weight: 95kg - anything under 100!
Main goal is 20kg anything over that is a bonus.

I started with 15mg for a week before going on to 30mg.

What I’ve done so far:
*Cut out breads etc, refined sugars, soft drinks, high carb foods
*Smaller portion sizes
*Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack (if I’m hungry) dinner
* I carry a snack with me if I’m going out.
*Gym when I can (mainly weekends) as I’m always moving at work (My job can be quite physical)
*Water water water!
*If eating in town I research menus and make changes where required.

Side effects:
*Dry mouth
*Can get abit emotional at times or grumpy.
*Headaches (only a couple)

I don’t measure myself because I suck at it. I take more pics and use the scales.

Still learning along the way... can’t wait to see what happens :)

Good on you Lottie! Your clothes will be a good indication instead of measurements. I'm like you...I never remember exactly where on my body I placed the tape measure...was it half an inch higher or lower last time? What if I'm doing myself a disservice with the correct reading. Hahaha I considered placing a dot on my skin with a marking pen once. Keep going you beautiful lady!

Reactions: April and Lottie86
twohundred said:
Good on you Lottie! Your clothes will be a good indication instead of measurements. I'm like you...I never remember exactly where on my body I placed the tape measure...was it half an inch higher or lower last time? What if I'm doing myself a disservice with the correct reading. Hahaha I considered placing a dot on my skin with a marking pen once. Keep going you beautiful lady!
Thankyou so much