My Duromine Experience

Big_T

Standard Member
Dec 20, 2014
Hi folks. I have just started my course of duromine 30mg once a day.

My story. I have for my entire life been active with lots of sport but have suffered some big medical probs. knee probs, tendon shrinkage in both hands causing great pain using my hands and a few years ago I started having seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy. Years of uncontrolled seizures, many many hospital stays and countless tests eventually resulting in the discovery of a tumour on my brain and the main cause of my seizures. It is malignant and slow growing but inoperable. My wife is very unwell suffering from a debilitating ongoing mental health issue. I am her full time carer and not able to leave her side. I am a sufferer of depression and have been for a long time. I don't drink or smoke and I used food as a comforting escape and I am over 125kg, all bad weight! I have tried to diet with no success.
With a very long relationship with my gp and I have talked about this for a very long time with her.

I am now day two with no side effects to speak of. I was not hungry tonight and had only a small portion dinner. My biggest weak spot is fast food and ice cream. So breaking the habits is where I usually come undone. Sleeping has always been a problem for me and have required medication to sleep. No probs last night. I am hoping that this will start me on my path to a healthier weight. I am monitoring my health very closely paying very close attention to my seizure threshold and any signs of of auras etc. So far so good. Will now try for sleep. Talk soon!

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Good luck, Big T!
I wish you no side effects! And please make sure you eat something more than just a small portion of dinner.
Merry Xmas:laughing: