My Day To Day Diary Taking Duromine 30 Mg

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 1:

Hi everyone,

In the past few years I have gone from a fit 55kg to a flabby 70kg. I know this isn't obese, but it is unhealthy and I am so disappointed I have let myself get to this.
In the past year and a half I have tried everything from shakes to weightloss programs, detox teas & clean eating. All resulting in a stuffed up metabolism. I then ate a balanced healthy diet and exercised 45 minutes or more 5 days a week, all while working as a nurse on a busy ward. In the past I have used good as a reward and been a slave to it. I have constantly put my body in starvation mode which has resulted in my body grabbing onto all the bad staff when I binge and I think this is the reason I have struggled to lose weight.

After seeing no results after 6 months, I talked to my doctor and he without hesitation suggested duromine.
After reading what I have about it I'm almost worried about how quickly he did it but I have just taken my first tablet. Feeling good and not sure if it's my mind playing tricks after reading all other reviews, but I feel thirsty! Which is good so I can make sure I drink plenty of water.

I am currently:
70kg and 166 cm
My goal weight is 59kg

Looking forward to starting and seeing some results hopefully. Everyone feel free to join this thread and share there experiences.

:)

Reactions: can't wait to start

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 2:

It's currently just before 4am.. I've been up since 2:20 am.

Yesterday was my first day on Duromine 30mg.
I took the tablet at 7 am and by 10:30am had drank 1.5 Litres of water. No matter what I can just keep drinking and drinking. I think it's a good thing though as water aids weightloss and I would usually struggle to drink 1.5 L a day (and I would have to force myself).
I didn't feel hungry at all and really had to force myself to eat.
In the morning I felt great and by night I felt fine except I was abit grumpy. All loud noises made me angry and I felt like I had to get away from it (e.g TV being too loud).
I was intolerable to things I would usually be able to put up with. I was making my boyfriend sandwiches and his dad was making dinner and talking to himself and joking around and it really pissed me off! Lol. Usually I wouldn't mind.

I got to sleep okay after a while except people were talking in the living room and that also really annoyed me, usually I would have dealt with it but I was close to yelling 'SHUT THE F--- UP'.
And I would never do that! But at least I'm aware of it and can keep thinking 'it's just the medication'. Lucky I warned my boyfriend because in the car the GPS was talking and usually I would turn it off but I just yelled 'STFU'. And my bf was like..
'You wouldn't normally do that, it's okay babe'.
In the day and until afternoon I feel like I have never ending energy and I just need to run or get things done which is good. And by night I felt abit tired but my eyes couldn't close and relax, they would just open. But I managed to get about 4-5 hours sleep which is okay. I used to have insomnia so I'm used to it and have sleeping tablets if worse comes to worse. But I've been given 3 months of duromine so I want to get used it these effects and deal with them.

Hopefully I'll doze off til 6 but I don't like those chances.

How's everyone else going?

o_O -- this is me right now lol

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
:laughing: Hold on, girl!
I know how you feel, all these changes in your body should go away hopefully. Just accept it as a treatment course and do some meditation when you have spare time.
We have somewhere in "Duromine Side effects" topic a post about how to get rid of insomnia. Maybe read it and choose one or couple of options. Weight loss is kind of hard struggle and at least we need some good night sleep))

I'm glad to know the pills are working so fast for you. Good luck with the weight loss!;)

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
You are fortunate to have the support of your boyfriend! Not all men are that understanding:rolleyes:
I know exactly how you feel. The first two weeks on D for me was a nightmare. I was super irritated and bitchy. Cried and shouted at the littlest things. Lucky for me hubby was also supportive but said if it does not improve I should leave it. But the good news is that it completely went away by week 2 and I was back to my old self. So hang in there!!;);)

Reactions: 10kgtolose

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 3:

I slept like a baby last night. So relieved I got a good nights sleep.
Yesterday was good. I didn't notice any mood swings or anything. Just lots of energy and a depressed appetite. I didn't eat much in the day except a protein shake and an apple. My mum made dinner; schnitzel and potato bake (my favourite). Usually I would eat it all and have extra potato bake and a roll with sauce and schnitzel. But I just had half the potato bake and half the meat and pealed the crumb off and a side of green veggies. At the end I didn't feel hungry but could have kept eating that potato so I was proud I knew when to stop.
I had so much energy yesterday. When I went for my walk I power walked the whole way. I live in the bush and there's lots of hills and I usually only do 35 mins and at the end I'm tired but I kept going and walked for 1 hour & 30 minutes. I power walked up every hill &I usually would have gone slower. Then got home and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned lol. I have about 20 perfume bottles and dusted and shined each one... Never cleaned in such detail before lol.
Excited for another energetic workout today :)

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
Excited to follow your journey! I started today. When do you weigh in?
How exciting :)
My weigh in will be Thursday. I sneakily weighed myself yesterday and lost a kg which is after 2 days but decided to just wait til it's been a week to judge so I don't get disheartened if one day I'm heavier. I'll be happy with anything. For so long I've weighed in weekly and lost 300g after working my absolute arse off so I hope to see something better than that :)

Kayley

Standard Member
May 30, 2015
Brisbane
How exciting :)
My weigh in will be Thursday. I sneakily weighed myself yesterday and lost a kg which is after 2 days but decided to just wait til it's been a week to judge so I don't get disheartened if one day I'm heavier. I'll be happy with anything. For so long I've weighed in weekly and lost 300g after working my absolute arse off so I hope to see something better than that :)
Haha I am addicted to weighing I think I will end up on the scales everyday but I never take it as accurate :) fingers crossed it's a sign of things to come for you

Reactions: X_sweetpeanz

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 4:

Yesterday was great. Went for another long walk and ate well. I find myself not hungry and not caring if I eat or not. So I'm making a big effort to plan my meals and make sure there isn't too much carbs, fat or sugar in them and then set alarms to eat. I could honestly go a day with just eating an apple or nothing but I don't want to do that. I've been eating low carb, high protein and as little sugar and fat as possible. I think that's the best diet to have while on duromine combined with exercise to maximise results and take advantage of all the energy I have. I have a Fitbit which is a great way of tracking my calories I've burnt and steps I've taken. Usually I do between 8000-11000 steps a day and yesterday I did 18000! Lol.

I didn't have any side effects yesterday which was great. I find in the morning I'm not just energetic but also really happy. No headache, insomnia or anything else. In the day I feel really alert and I've been taking my pill around 5-5:30 in the morning which helps prevent insomnia at night. I've always been an early riser so it's fine for me to wake up that early.

I feel so much better within my body.
The best thing about this drug besides the appetite suppressant is that you don't get cravings! Even if I smell amazing food I just enjoy the smell and feel no desire to eat it. Yesterday my boyfriend had some chocolate and usually I would have chocolate everyday or if I'm being healthy I would eventually binge on it. And I felt nothing when I smelt it.
I'm not bloated everyday and even at night I'm not bloated which is so nice. Usually I put on a jumper at night to hide my bloating.
I'm on the way to work (I'm a nurse) and it'll be my first shift working while on duromine. Let's see how it goes. My nursing partner will probably love me more today because I'll be whizzing around the ward doing all the work lol.

People feel free to share your experiences, triumphs and anything else down below.

X

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 5:

So I slept like a baby last night. I did wake up at 1:30 and 3:30 but just checked the time then fell straight back asleep. And that isn't unusual for me when I'm off the duromine so it could just be normal. I still am yet to experience any of the nasty effects of duromine. Last night my bf and I had a little fight (we are fine it was just a stupid one) and I cried a lot more than usual. I also got my period today so that contributed to it too lol. I cried for hours and couldn't help it. I'm sitting in the car about to go into work and still feel like there's tears in my eyes lol. All in all I feel great. I took my tablet at 5am again which I think help. By 9 I was tired and couldn't wait to sleep.
I've been eating really healthy and wouldn't mind some of your advice and experience about food.
If I cut carbs heaps on this drug will my body STILL go into starvation mode while on it like when it does when we aren't taking it?
Because I'm doing 3 months of this I was thinking of cutting my food a lot for the first month then the next two months me training my body to eat right and eat whole foods with sufficient energy that I would require when I'm off the drug.
Right now I'm averaging about 700 calories a day

My day goes:
Breakfast - celebrity slim rapid bar (easy before work) OR if I'm at home I'll have a piece of rye toast with an egg
Snack - Apple OR lite jelly
Lunch - can of tuna and vita weats (the healthiest one with chia seeds)
Dinner - chicken and veg OR tuna a veg
Snack - 12 almonds (sometimes don't eat it as I'm not hungry)

This sounds like a fair bit but it's only 600-700 calories which is a significant cut of the daily intake and I burn a lot as I work on a busy ward and also workout so I burn about 3500 if not more calories a day (I have a Fitbit which measures this). I can easily stick to this as I have to force my body to eat just that. Then was thinking in month 2 & 3 I would eat around 1200-1500 of food which is the minimum requirement for a active young person like myself. Of corse all being healthy foods with fruit and veg and grains.

Is this a good/bad plan?

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
You seem to have it all worked out perfectly!!! And I am so glad to hear the moods got better:p

If you cut carbs it will not put your body in starvation mode. You do not have to cut ALL carbs but just try a low carb approach. If you cut out all carbs and go back to eating it you can balloon. Personally I loose a lot more weight if I stay of carbs. Some lady mentioned the "Banting"diet a while ago and I had a look at it. Seems extreme but people loose a lot of weight. I am just not sure of the long term effects of all the fats, although it is all good fats.

Have a look at the Mediterranean diet as well. Not one of these are really diets but eating plans. From what you say you eat it is almost the same. Lean protein and lots and lots of fresh fruit and veg. No refined carbs, very little sugar, only olive and coconut oil and whole grains. Can only be healthy!

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 6:

I feel so tired. I slept very little since 1250 am. Maybe one or two hours. I don't know if it's the drug or my insomnia because sometimes I get it really bad. And I work 7 am til 10 pm today so that should be fun.. Hopefully duromine will give me energy. I got my first 'have you lost weight?' Comment yesterday from my best friend. He noticed I wasn't bloated and had a flat tummy which was nice :)
Having eggs on a piece of the toast for breakky which will hopefully give me some more energy for today.

Kayley

Standard Member
May 30, 2015
Brisbane
DAY 6:

I feel so tired. I slept very little since 1250 am. Maybe one or two hours. I don't know if it's the drug or my insomnia because sometimes I get it really bad. And I work 7 am til 10 pm today so that should be fun.. Hopefully duromine will give me energy. I got my first 'have you lost weight?' Comment yesterday from my best friend. He noticed I wasn't bloated and had a flat tummy which was nice :)
Having eggs on a piece of the toast for breakky which will hopefully give me some more energy for today.
Nothing better than having someone notice!!! Excited to see your week one results. Have a great day at work.

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 7:

I had a good sleep last night. I went to sleep at 11:30 pm and woke up at 6 to take my tablet then woke up again at 8. It's my day off so I'm happy I got a decent sleep. I just noticed that I haven't opened my bowels since day 2. I don't feel bloated but maybe because I've lost weight I don't notice the bloat from constipation.. So I'll take something today and hopefully I'll go because 4 days without going isn't good. And I've heard it's a side effect of this drug. Besides that still no nasty side effects except dry mouth.
I decided I'll write my day to day food diary in here too. But I'll write the previous day's so I know k actually stuck to it.
Yesterday I worked a 15 hour shift so tried to have plenty of food for energy but I wasn't that hungry

Breakfast: 2 eggs on rye toast = 217
Snack: 1 apple and celebrity slim bar = 261
Lunch: Tuna & vita wheats = 155
Dinner: Chicken & green beans = 143
Snack 2: Lite jelly = 28
= 807 calories

I use my fitness pal which shoes me all the calories, fat, carbs etc
807 is not enough calories but I find it hard to eat food that at the end of the day isn't over my sugar, carb, fat allowance. So that's why it's so low..
But when you look at the meals, to me it looks like a good day of food. Especially when I'm at work so I don't have a lot of time to prep food so I just look for easy things. I have a day off today so will try find some foods to get my calories up while keeping my carbs fat and sugar low. Probably if I make a big chicken salad with light cheese might be good. Anyways..

Weigh in tomorrow :) can't wait

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
Scratch the constipation part.. Just went lol. But still it's a side effect because it was 4 days from my last one :/

AliMcBealEatAMeal

Standard Member
Jun 3, 2015
Scratch the constipation part.. Just went lol. But still it's a side effect because it was 4 days from my last one :/
Could it be also because you have reduced the amount of food intake? Food in reduced = food out reduced? Just throwing ideas around :) Cant wait to see your weigh in!
Ali x

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
Could it be also because you have reduced the amount of food intake? Food in reduced = food out reduced? Just throwing ideas around :) Cant wait to see your weigh in!
Ali x
That's a good point but I've been eating a fair bit still. Not junk like I used to but still 3 meals a day with snacks and 2 litres of water if not more which should be enough. But we will see how I go.
I'm excited for tomorrow lol

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
DAY 8:

Today I have been on Duromine for exactly a week. I am so happy I waited a week to weigh myself because to my surprise I have lost 3.1kg!
I was expecting maybe 1.5-2 at the most. But 3.1... That's amazing. I'm proud that I have eaten good food and not deprived my body of food like some people do on duromine. I have exercised everyday so that has definitely helped.
Yesterday I didn't feel any side effects apart from the suppressed appetite and abit of energy. I didn't feel as energetic as my first few days but I'm not phased. The appetite suppressant and not craving chocolate is my favourite part of this drug.
I told my boyfriend when I started this drug to not tell anyone but he 'forgot' and told his step mum who now has and will tell everyone and she said there crazy pills and if I lose weight it's not my work it's the drug.. So safe to say I'm annoyed about that because I'm still putting in a lot of effort and this drug does not make you lose weight. It just suppresses appetite but whatever.. I've had a lot of eating issues in the past so I was looking forward to doing this quietly on my own terms without broadcasting it to my family and friends because I hate feeling like a failure when I don't lose the weight... Now that burden is over me again so I'm annoyed that's happened. Even considering telling them that I stopped taking it to shut them up. Because the step mum is lovely but is a big mouth and tells everyone everyone's business..
Anyways. My meals yesterday were...

Breakfast: 2 eggs on a slice of rye toast with 30g avocado
Lunch: tuna on 4 vita wheats
Snack: celebrity slim choc bar
Dinner: chicken with a slice of melted slim cheese on top and broccoli

Pretty boring but they're all easy to make and I don't want to make fancy things. I'm always a simple girl lol.
Looking forward to another great week on track. Usually I would last maybe 3 days being healthy and then binge on a kg of chocolate lol. So I'm proud of being on track for a whole week. It's a big achievement for me. Also I'm proud I've had a piece of bread everyday, usually I am scared of bread and only eat it once a week on a diet or lots of it when binging..
Now another 7 days til weigh in :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AliMcBealEatAMeal

AliMcBealEatAMeal

Standard Member
Jun 3, 2015
DAY 8:

Today I have been on Duromine for exactly a week. I am so happy I waited a week to weigh myself because to my surprise I have lost 3.1kg!
I was expecting maybe 1.5-2 at the most. But 3.1... That's amazing. I'm proud that I have eaten good food and not deprived my body of food like some people do on duromine. I have exercised everyday so that has definitely helped.
Yesterday I didn't feel any side effects apart from the suppressed appetite and abit of energy. I didn't feel as energetic as my first few days but I'm not phased. The appetite suppressant and not craving chocolate is my favourite part of this drug.
I told my boyfriend when I started this drug to not tell anyone but he 'forgot' and told his step mum who now has and will tell everyone and she said there crazy pills and if I lose weight it's not my work it's the drug.. So safe to say I'm annoyed about that because I'm still putting in a lot of effort and this drug does not make you lose weight. It just suppresses appetite but whatever.. I've had a lot of eating issues in the past so I was looking forward to doing this quietly on my own terms without broadcasting it to my family and friends because I hate feeling like a failure when I don't lose the weight... Now that burden is over me again so I'm annoyed that's happened. Even considering telling them that I stopped taking it to shut them up. Because the step mum is lovely but is a big mouth and tells everyone everyone's business..
Anyways. My meals yesterday were...

Breakfast: 2 eggs on a slice of rye toast with 30g avocado
Lunch: tuna on 4 vita wheats
Snack: celebrity slim choc bar
Dinner: chicken with a slice of melted slim cheese on top and broccoli

Pretty boring but they're all easy to make and I don't want to make fancy things. I'm always a simple girl lol.
Looking forward to another great week on track. Usually I would last maybe 3 days being healthy and then binge on a kg of chocolate lol. So I'm proud of being on track for a whole week. It's a big achievement for me. Also I'm proud I've had a piece of bread everyday, usually I am scared of bread and only eat it once a week on a diet or lots of it when binging..
Now another 7 days til weigh in :)

This. Is. So. Awesome. Well done you! I weighed myself this morning, because Ive been on it for a WHOLE day now :p Are you taking measurements also?

Maybe you could tell his step-mum and others who know (even boyfie if you like) that you were only taking them for a week to 'kick start' your weight loss? Then you can continue taking them, and they're none the wiser. They'll assume the weight you're losing is down to the damn hard work your putting in - which it is.
Ali x

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
This. Is. So. Awesome. Well done you! I weighed myself this morning, because Ive been on it for a WHOLE day now :p Are you taking measurements also?

Maybe you could tell his step-mum and others who know (even boyfie if you like) that you were only taking them for a week to 'kick start' your weight loss? Then you can continue taking them, and they're none the wiser. They'll assume the weight you're losing is down to the damn hard work your putting in - which it is.
Ali x
I weighed myself after a day too but then decided I should just be healthy and wait a week for something to look forward too. I think I'll just say I stopped taking it because I couldn't sleep next time she asks about it. It's none of their business. I don't want to lie to my bf but he keeps saying 'stop taking it, it's like speed' and when I got annoyed at him he said 'you're upset because of those pills,get off them' and he looks at me like I'm crazy lol.
No I'm upset because you did the one thing I asked not too. And it isn't her business.
Anyways. I lost 3.1 kg so I don't care what anyone says :)

Reactions: chookie