Lost weight in the 1st week now standing still with my weight

M

Meganvdm

Standard Member
Jan 23, 2021
I have been on Duromine 30mg. I have started last week(12th of Jan). I have weighed myself a week after which was the 18th. I have lost 2.2kg. I have weigh myself this morning and I am still the same. I am drinking 3l water everyday and try to eat healthier. I exercise 3 times a week(bootcamp).I am also on Metformin 850mg because I am insulin resistance. Is there a reason why I did not drop any kg this week? I have also measured myself so will see next week if it had dropped. Can u please give me advice as I am getting very depressed about it and obsessed.

StacyB

StacyB

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 5, 2020
I have been on Duromine 30mg. I have started last week(12th of Jan). I have weighed myself a week after which was the 18th. I have lost 2.2kg. I have weigh myself this morning and I am still the same. I am drinking 3l water everyday and try to eat healthier. I exercise 3 times a week(bootcamp).I am also on Metformin 850mg because I am insulin resistance. Is there a reason why I did not drop any kg this week? I have also measured myself so will see next week if it had dropped. Can u please give me advice as I am getting very depressed about it and obsessed.
Hello, dear @Meganvdm :sun:
We all have different bodies, different metabolism and different results. The most important rule is to create a calorie deficit. Try to consume 1200 calories. Sometimes Duromine starts working after 1-2 weeks. But remember 2.2 kg is still a loss! :grinning:
Continue healthy eating, exercise, drinking water, and create a calorie deficit.
What is your starting weight and how much do you plan to lose?

Crazyme

Crazyme

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Hey @Meganvdm, what about eating small portions but 6 times a day, for example? It really helps :blush:

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi meganvdm,

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

The weight loss results greatly depend on your SW.:idea: The more you weigh, the more kilograms you usually lose during the first week. There are people, whose body weight is about 70 kilograms, and they can hardly lose more than 3-5 kg during the first month on Duromine. :no_mouth:
Sometimes you can almost stop eating on Duromine, and your body gets into starving & saving mode. This is why it's super important to eat regularly, more often but smaller amounts of food. Good luck on your weight loss journey! :heart:

Reactions: SlimStephen