Less To Lose

StormGirl2012

Standard Member
Nov 21, 2014
Do we have anyone who is on Duromine to lose around 5kg? How did it go for you? Did the weight drop off easily?

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
Do we have anyone who is on Duromine to lose around 5kg? How did it go for you? Did the weight drop off easily?
Hi, I tried to lose about 12kg, but was only able to lose about 6kg - does that count? Lol.
My start weight was 73kg (163cm tall) and I lost the 6kg over 2.5 mths with 30mg of D and a shed load of exercise. I was doing one or two group fitness classes a day (pump, attack or step), 6 days a week on the D ( but I did 3 classes a week minimum for years and years before I took D). Plus I'm a nurse, so spend all day on my feet at work.
I was a bit disappointed not to lose the whole 12kg I had hoped for as I used to maintain under 60kg (but I guess that was about 12-15yrs ago - how time flies). I'm almost 42yrs old and had to bust a gut to get to 67kg (which I had been for at least 5 yrs until my blowout last year), so now I figure my body must be happy at this weight and I'm not gonna push it too much more. My brain would still like me to be under 60kg though.
So, yes and no to your question - some people here probably would like to lose 5kg, some a bit more and others heaps more. If (like me) you just need to shed a couple of kilos to get back into your groove, D can help, but 5kg won't just fall off a smaller frame with minimal life changes like it can off a very heavy person who radically alters their lifestyle and nutrition. That's why shows like the Biggest Loser can produce massive weight loss from week to week - those people are radically altering their intake and activity.
5kg (and even the last 5kg of a greater weight loss goal) takes a lot of effort and discipline.

Reactions: StormGirl2012