Junk Foods

shelob

Standard Member
May 16, 2015
Hey..
Guys i just want to ask a question from all of you how often do you eat junk foods as cheat food.??
i mostly eat once in a month.. what about you..???

Last edited by a moderator:

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
I cant' stomach junk food so I eat that in an emergency only! For the past year I try to eat only "real" foods, that are those without any preservatives and stuff. It looks the same after it is cooked than before.
I do make my own hamburgers and pizza though, just love it and have it maybe once a week or a bit less. But then you can control what goes in.:laughing:
Once a month is not bad though, if you really, really get a craving for it;)

Reactions: Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
And it is sooo satisfying, right? Especially when you know you have cooked it yourself and all the ingredients are natural (depends on what you choose of course). I think Audrey's method helps to keep a healthy diet if you find it very difficult to resist certain dishes. But occasionally only.

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
I just LOVE my burgers.......guilty pleasure:p

Very easy to make is just take lean mince - do NOT add any eggs or bread. Just your herbs, salt and pepper and chilies (they say hot food is good for your metabolism) Form it into a burger and fry in a drop of olive or coconut oil. The protein in the meat will bind it so you do not need to add anything else.

Then you can have it with a wholewheat bun. And the lettuce, tomato and onion is healthy!

I also make my own ketchup. Just oven roast tomatoes, garlic and onions and blitz in a food processor, season and done!

Camille Smith

Standard Member
Sep 10, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm guilty too, but it is not my habit anymore since I started to think about my health now. On losing weight or dieting, everything must be on moderation on eating food. If you can escape the junk food with fruits that will be fine. What we eat is what we get. In return, loving and thinking our body is the best way to consider all the time. There are lots of variety and tasty food that we could substitute for junk foods. Let us "junk" the junk food.

Brenda Smith

Standard Member
Nov 10, 2015
Junk foods are really very tasty to eat. It is so tempting and delicious. But there are many bad effects of it on your health.

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Fast food companies add all sort of artificial junk to their food. A lot of it is flavorants designed to be "addictive" which is why a lot of people crave that burger or pizza etc. If you feel the craving coming up, make your own! There are loads of healthy recipes online for all kinds of "junk food".

Pennyb1

Standard Member
Oct 14, 2016
I haven't even junk food since I started although I still eat take aways. I just try and select the healther options according to weight watchers.

I've stopped getting chinese which I used to have a least once a week. I've stopped eating so much indian curry.

I don't go out now and order steak, potato and vegetables, just the steak and vegetables. I usually get a nandos quarter chicken with a mielie. I've had indian a couple of times the prawn masala. And napoletano pasta. And sushi once just half of what I usually eat.

It was a big relief this weekend actually to not have to eat out.