• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

How Many Have Kept The Weight Off??

F

fibularr

Standard Member
Jan 28, 2013
sydney
I'm only on day 6, and I'm not sure that i want to keep going, i've lost around 3 kilos already, but i don't want to just put it all back on. I can't really find many people that have lost weight and kept it off..

So has anyone? :)

I think it really depends on what you learn.
I'm learning with duromine that although I love food. It should be to fuel me and not to make me FEEL something.
I'm also learning that I want to incorporate exercise into my daily life because without it, I wont live as long.

It's I believe about changing your behavior and attitude towards food.
When you go off the drug of course you're hunger pains will come back but it's just about managing your intake, planning etc.

Kate this member lost a lot of weight and kept it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SallyCooper
He He! Hi guys it's me you're talking about!;)

I understand all concerns about keeping weight stable after you've lost it with the pills.
But there are couple of points you should know:
1. The more overweight the person is, the more food he needs ---> excess weight provokes excessive hunger. Which basically means that if you lose weight, you will possibly get rid of strong appetite)
2. The more you eat, the more weight you gain (these two points are actually co-related).
3. Excess weight equals food addiction (agree?), meaning to struggle with, one needs to raise his willpower, because no one else can help.
4. You have to really want to become slimmer. Strong will and desire make everything possible!
5. Last but not least: once you decided to lose much excess weight and change your life radically, you should start a new life in a way. I'm not talking about moving out somewhere else, or leaving your beloved (boyfriend, parents, husband, children, etc.), I'm talking about different thinking ---> forget about your past meals and lifestyle without exercising, sometimes about alcohol too. From now on you have new way of living, the healthy one.

These are just my tips and things that helped me long ago. I am still slim without the pills, but I still attend gym. I am trying to feel free to eat what I want, but the truth is that now I WANT to eat healthy foods only! My diet plan has 10 years of history so it's usual for me now, but yes it was very hard at the beginning.

So be brave and honest with yourself! Women are much stronger than men, so you can do it!
XO
Kate

As my pharmacist said, don't fight the hunger instead make the conscious effort to feed your body nutrients. Most people on Duromine don't feel hungry. Thats true, my first day I didn't but I forced myself to eat something small every few hours to kick start my metabolism. This is the difference between keeping the weight off and putting it all back on. If you starve yourself, sure you're gonna lose weight because your body is in starvation mode. But once you go off the Duromine (which you should, its really not designed for long term use) then your body stores everything as fat, you regain your hunger and you're back at square one.

Instead, if you start fueling your metabolism (i usually have a piece of fruit, a carrot or maybe 5-6 almonds) you're training your body to anticipate fuel and burn it off quickly as it knows it will get nutrients and regularly and doesn't need to bother storing them. When you go off Duromine, your metabolism remains trained, and while you probably wont be losing a huge deal you'll at least be maintaining your weight.

Jess, the best tip ever!!

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in maintaining their weight loss after duromine? I've read a lot about people putting back on all the weight they lost plus some so I'd love to hear some success stories of people who have maintained their loss, how difficult you find the maintaining, and any tips you may have! Also if anyone has continued to lose weight after their duromine course has ended and whether it's harder/slower without the duromine or pretty similar.

Also wondering if anyone has noticed they feel the cold so much more since losing weight? I am only 9.5kg down and have another 12.5kg to go but feel like I get much colder now then I did before. I imagine thats related to fat loss and not having as much to keep you warm but just want to know I'm not the only one!

Hi je25.
I kept losing weight after I stopped duromine and have maintained my weight for a year. I still keep check on what I consume etc but have put steps in place for when I get complacent. The weight lose after I stopped Duromine was slower but that would have been because I was no longer over weight so didnt have much to actually lose.
As far as the cold goes, you are the first person I have actually read make this comment, but yes I suffered that too! 25kg is alot of 'insulation' to lose. I have been cold for over a year hahah, you get used to it and just remember to wear more layers. On the flip side, the reverse is also true, summer is better now than it used to be for exactly the same reason as your not as hot and clammy due to the extra weight!

Keep up the great work, and enjoy buying smaller sizes in clothing .....just make sure you get some warm stuff too lol ;):p:laughing:

I've only lost 3.5 kg and I'm feeling cold! But then, it is winter, so I don't know if that is anything to do with Duromine. Can't wait to experience summer not being hot and sweaty all the time. I've got three months to lose the weight.

IWantToBeHappy said:
Hi je25.
I kept losing weight after I stopped duromine and have maintained my weight for a year. I still keep check on what I consume etc but have put steps in place for when I get complacent. The weight lose after I stopped Duromine was slower but that would have been because I was no longer over weight so didnt have much to actually lose.
As far as the cold goes, you are the first person I have actually read make this comment, but yes I suffered that too! 25kg is alot of 'insulation' to lose. I have been cold for over a year hahah, you get used to it and just remember to wear more layers. On the flip side, the reverse is also true, summer is better now than it used to be for exactly the same reason as your not as hot and clammy due to the extra weight!

Keep up the great work, and enjoy buying smaller sizes in clothing .....just make sure you get some warm stuff too lol ;):p:laughing:

Hello :)
Do you find you have to keep up with a crazy exercise routine to stay maintained? I have heard weight maintenance requires an hour of heavy physical activity every day! Do you enjoy treats when you're out etc.. I would like to keep my nutrition 100% at home so that I can enjoy these things once a week/fortnight once I reach my goal weight but not sure if that's possible and the bad foods should be avoided all together?
That actually makes so much sense about the weight being slower moving as you have less to lose I never thought of it like that!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I find myself absolutely freezing now! It is winter here at the moment so that doesn't help but we have had quite a few nice warm days when everyone around me is in shorts and t-shirts and I'm still rugged up haha but thats okay.. small price to pay in exchange for the weight I've lost and hope to continue to lose :)

Librarian said:
I've only lost 3.5 kg and I'm feeling cold! But then, it is winter, so I don't know if that is anything to do with Duromine. Can't wait to experience summer not being hot and sweaty all the time. I've got three months to lose the weight.

Good job! Keep up your hard work :)

je25 said:
Hello :)
Do you find you have to keep up with a crazy exercise routine to stay maintained? I have heard weight maintenance requires an hour of heavy physical activity every day! Do you enjoy treats when you're out etc.. I would like to keep my nutrition 100% at home so that I can enjoy these things once a week/fortnight once I reach my goal weight but not sure if that's possible and the bad foods should be avoided all together?
That actually makes so much sense about the weight being slower moving as you have less to lose I never thought of it like that!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I find myself absolutely freezing now! It is winter here at the moment so that doesn't help but we have had quite a few nice warm days when everyone around me is in shorts and t-shirts and I'm still rugged up haha but thats okay.. small price to pay in exchange for the weight I've lost and hope to continue to lose :)

Hi there
I dont exercise. I'll go for walks because I like clearing my mind and getting fresh air but no I don't go to the gym or anything like that. And I didn't whilst I was on Duromine either. I went for walks and I also bought an exercise bike at home. I did some squats and lunges and sit ups at home in the evenings.
You don't put on weight just because you don't exercise everyday. You put on weight if you eat too much food. I eat around 1200 cals per day. Yes I treat myself every now and again. But I don't go crazy and I don't have a cheat day or something like that because I think thats then putting bad food back on the priority list and it becomes a reward again.
For example, if I go out for dinner with friends I'll have a lovely meal but that doesn't mean I have to choose the fattest, creamiest thing on the menu. I'll still choose lean protein with vege or salad and have the dressing removed. But I will have a couple of glasses of wine and I enjoy that. If I go to a restaurant with friends I won't have desert. But if I go to a wedding then I'll have a piece of wedding cake.
I don't go to Macdonalds or any places like that, but some times my hubby and I will order a pizza and cuddle on the couch watching movies. But not weekly.
If there's chocolate being handed around at work I won't have any, but if there's at really luxurious piece of chocolate then I will have one every now and again.
Good food makes my body happy, healthy, energies. Bad food makes me sluggish, tired, grumpy.
It's hard work to change our eatting habits from bad to good but I'll tell you it's very easy to get them bad again.
Live and enjoy life once you're in maintainance but don't make enjoyment about food or make food the reward again!

Stay warm xoxo

Reactions: April and Librarian
IWantToBeHappy said:
Hi there
I dont exercise. I'll go for walks because I like clearing my mind and getting fresh air but no I don't go to the gym or anything like that. And I didn't whilst I was on Duromine either. I went for walks and I also bought an exercise bike at home. I did some squats and lunges and sit ups at home in the evenings.
You don't put on weight just because you don't exercise everyday. You put on weight if you eat too much food. I eat around 1200 cals per day. Yes I treat myself every now and again. But I don't go crazy and I don't have a cheat day or something like that because I think thats then putting bad food back on the priority list and it becomes a reward again.
For example, if I go out for dinner with friends I'll have a lovely meal but that doesn't mean I have to choose the fattest, creamiest thing on the menu. I'll still choose lean protein with vege or salad and have the dressing removed. But I will have a couple of glasses of wine and I enjoy that. If I go to a restaurant with friends I won't have desert. But if I go to a wedding then I'll have a piece of wedding cake.
I don't go to Macdonalds or any places like that, but some times my hubby and I will order a pizza and cuddle on the couch watching movies. But not weekly.
If there's chocolate being handed around at work I won't have any, but if there's at really luxurious piece of chocolate then I will have one every now and again.
Good food makes my body happy, healthy, energies. Bad food makes me sluggish, tired, grumpy.
It's hard work to change our eatting habits from bad to good but I'll tell you it's very easy to get them bad again.
Live and enjoy life once you're in maintainance but don't make enjoyment about food or make food the reward again!

Stay warm xoxo

I love everything your'e saying! I have already implemented so many of those things as I find whilst its hard to resist temptation most the time, it's been even harder to get to where I am now and where I want to be so that helps squash those temptations. I do exercise a fair bit but trying to keep it simple and not overdo it as I know if I do that I'm not likely to stick to it. At the moment I'm doing a rowing workout for half an hour each day after work which I am really enjoying and every second or third day I add in a short leg or ab workout depending on time as I don't like to eat dinner too late. I absolutely love going on big walks with my dog but can only do that on the weekends at the moment because it's dark so early after work and dark when I wake up to get ready for work but that's my plan for summer! Do you walk everyday? If so how far do you like to go?

I totally agree with you when you say you put on weight if you eat too much food. When going out for dinner I opt for grilled fish which is my usual thing anyway, I just get the steamed veggies now instead of the chips and salad and it's bloody great! I too steer clear of dessert where possible, the only time I won't is if it's a birthday or another celebration and only then will it be a very small piece. I avoid the chocolate at work too by having my own container of almonds. Luckily I work with family so they always offer but are so understanding when I politely refuse.

I think I'm going to focus my enjoyment on the way I feel, all the extra energy I have and just my general well-being as opposed to the short term taste of bad foods. The two times I have eaten a higher calorie, high fat meal for dinner since I started my journey have made me feel awful inside which definitely emphasised how good I am actually feeling with the good food I'm eating.

Thanks so much for all your advice I really admire how far you have come and that you've been able to maintain your weight loss. I can't wait to get there myself! xxx

Reactions: April
je25 said:
I love everything your'e saying! I have already implemented so many of those things as I find whilst its hard to resist temptation most the time, it's been even harder to get to where I am now and where I want to be so that helps squash those temptations. I do exercise a fair bit but trying to keep it simple and not overdo it as I know if I do that I'm not likely to stick to it. At the moment I'm doing a rowing workout for half an hour each day after work which I am really enjoying and every second or third day I add in a short leg or ab workout depending on time as I don't like to eat dinner too late. I absolutely love going on big walks with my dog but can only do that on the weekends at the moment because it's dark so early after work and dark when I wake up to get ready for work but that's my plan for summer! Do you walk everyday? If so how far do you like to go?

I totally agree with you when you say you put on weight if you eat too much food. When going out for dinner I opt for grilled fish which is my usual thing anyway, I just get the steamed veggies now instead of the chips and salad and it's bloody great! I too steer clear of dessert where possible, the only time I won't is if it's a birthday or another celebration and only then will it be a very small piece. I avoid the chocolate at work too by having my own container of almonds. Luckily I work with family so they always offer but are so understanding when I politely refuse.

I think I'm going to focus my enjoyment on the way I feel, all the extra energy I have and just my general well-being as opposed to the short term taste of bad foods. The two times I have eaten a higher calorie, high fat meal for dinner since I started my journey have made me feel awful inside which definitely emphasised how good I am actually feeling with the good food I'm eating.

Thanks so much for all your advice I really admire how far you have come and that you've been able to maintain your weight loss. I can't wait to get there myself! xxx
You sound like you have a very health and realistic thought process around it all. Bring on summer for more walks with your dog. I'm looking forward to sumber too as this cold wet weather isn't great for being outside.
I don't go for massive long walks. Maybe half an hour or an hour if the weather is devine but I try to get in alot of incidental walking. Like I'll go for a short walk at work at lunch time or I'll walk to the post office instead of drive. Just to keep active and my body moving . You are absolutely right about when you eat good food and you feel healthier that can really help with the focus and motivation.
Grilled fish with vege or salad option is my go to meal aswell. It's on the menu at most restaurants. And I do the almonds in a container at work as well. I also cut up cucumber as I have found that helps with my bowels. So between having fibre powder every morning and topping it up with cucumber as a snack in the afternoon I now have healthy bowels. Sorry if that's too much info but I know alot of people suffer from tummy issued and that's what's helped me.
It's my pleasure sharing with you. That's why this forum is so fantastic because of all the support you get
Xx

Reactions: April