• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

How Long Can I Take Duromine?

Tania J

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
I've been on Duromine for about 2 months now, and it is really going well. Somebody told me you are not supposed to take it for longer than 2 months. Would it be safe to continue, and for how long can you take Duromine at a time?

My Doctor told me 3 months but when she prescribes it she has you taking it Monday to Friday and not on the weekends. Works for me.

Yes. Three months in a row is allowed. Can tell you for sure;)
Then they recommend you to take a break (month, two or more) and start over again if you need.
Otherwise if you use it more than 3 months - it gives no effect.

Reactions: Kykat and Tania J
Thank you so much for the advice!

One doc said 3 months, another said up to 6 months.

My doctor said 6 months maybe maybe up to 9

Everyone is different, every doctor is different. From the drug administrators of Duromine they suggest/recommend 3 months. But only your doctor will know your personal situation and there advice should be granted before anyone elses. If you are unsure, get another doctors opinion :)

Rock on, stay fab ;-)

Reactions: Kate
Girls, 3 months and then a break. Then another course of three months and so on...as much as you need. But don't forget to do some breaks for couple of months. That's the rule, otherwise you will first of all get used to the pills, secondly - won't have any effect. It took me two years of struggling, believe me.

well, i just seen my dr yesterday for my third, and what i thought would be my last, prescription, but she clarified afew things for me; u can take 3 months in a row of the same DOSE, not of the whole drug altogether. I took 15mg for my first month, and 30mg for my second month; i dont have alot to lose so its working very slowly, so i now have a second month of 30mg to take and she told me i can take another month of 30mg after that before even considering 40mg.

Hi Kate, how long can you rake Duromine for?

Hi, Traci
According to instructions, you can take Duromine for three months in a row. After that time - take a break. Otherwise your body is getting used to the drug.

Kate said:
Hi, Traci
According to instructions, you can take Duromine for three months in a row. After that time - take a break. Otherwise your body is getting used to the drug.
Thank you Kate

Hi! I am day 22 today and seem to have finally found something that works for me.
Hunger completely under control and 10.1kg gone! I’m eating very low carb and still enjoying my food.
I’m very thirsty and have heavy eyes but otherwise coping fine.
I have a lot of weight to drop (@40kg) and wonder how long I can take Duromine? Does anyone know?

Reactions: SayWhat
Wow @Adrenalinlady! Good job! :heart_eyes:
Usually, 3 months is the time frame unless there is a medical reason you need to be on it.
Enjoy your weight loss journey!

Adrenalinlady said:
Hi! I am day 22 today and seem to have finally found something that works for me.
Hunger completely under control and 10.1kg gone! I’m eating very low carb and still enjoying my food.
I have a lot of weight to drop (@40kg) and wonder how long I can take Duromine? Does anyone know?
Well done on 10 kg in 3 weeks!!! It's amazing, isn't it! :heart_eyes: I am day 6 and haven't weighed but am excited by the possibilities. In regards to your query, Probably doctors discretion.

Adrenalinlady said:
Congratulations on losing 10.1 kilograms! As I know, doctors usually prescribe 3 months of Duromine treatment.
However, I strongly recommend you to feel your body, and if you have any discomfort, contact your doctor.

Sommeil said:
Well done on 10 kg in 3 weeks!!! It's amazing, isn't it! :heart_eyes: I am day 6 and haven't weighed but am excited by the possibilities. In regards to your query, Probably doctors discretion.
It is so good to have some hope about getting to a healthier weight. :grinning: My appetite is huge and has always been a battle. Like lots of people it’s been a slog so glad to have found something.

Reactions: April
Adrenalinlady said:
It is so good to have some hope about getting to a healthier weight. :grinning: My appetite is huge and has always been a battle. Like lots of people it’s been a slog so glad to have found something.
I just can't wait to be smaller and more comfortable. I'm shocked by the number on the scale and it's a blur how I got here. I do know a downfall of mine has been being reluctant to weigh myself. My fear of seeing a number meant I was slowly creeping up! When I loose the weight I will be diligent with weight monitoring.