Hi I'm New & Ready For A Change

Megs77

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hi I'm Megs. My first day was today. I was wondering how long it's taken on duromine 30's for others to lose weight and interests also how much was lost. I'd like to lose 15-20kgs so I can exercise without my knees screaming in pain at me. I play netball and go to RPM and body combat classes at the gym and would love to go running as haven't done that in many years. I'm in the medical profession and am on my feet and running for the whole of each shift so I'm fighting a catch 22 situation. I love to exercise to help keep my weight down but am struggling to do so with my knees as there is too much pressure from my body weight on my joints. I am progressively getting heavier and struggle to do any exercise so getting know where........but am excited to have started using duromine and can't wait to see results!!!!

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, Megs. :)
Usually, people start with 15mg, but 30mg is a common and most popular dose that tend to be effect in most cases. We all lose differently, during my first two weeks I lost about 6kgs, which was my fastest. Later I had about 0.5kg-1kg loss per month, ups and downs...But you can lose yours pretty fast I think, 15-20 is not too much so... What do you think of Glucosamine for your knees? I heard it's great and harmless, athletes usually take this supplement, I also had it for a month. It was good, I felt no discomfort in my joints during workouts. Since you work in medicine, you know best what's good for your body. ;) Therefore, I wish you good luck and lighter scales asap!

Reactions: Megs77

Megs77

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hi, Megs. :)
Usually, people start with 15mg, but 30mg is a common and most popular dose that tend to be effect in most cases. We all lose differently, during my first two weeks I lost about 6kgs, which was my fastest. Later I had about 0.5kg-1kg loss per month, ups and downs...But you can lose yours pretty fast I think, 15-20 is not too much so... What do you think of Glucosamine for your knees? I heard it's great and harmless, athletes usually take this supplement, I also had it for a month. It was good, I felt no discomfort in my joints during workouts. Since you work in medicine, you know best what's good for your body. ;) Therefore, I wish you good luck and lighter scales asap!
Thanks so much Kate for your comments, might try some of my husbands glucosamine as you said for my knees(sometimes forget about the natural remedies as a nurse) and see how that goes. After losing 3.2kgs easily last week I was hoping for great things over the next week. Due to weekend of doing absolutely nothing I've put on 0.8kg....its a real mind game this weight loss thing! Anyway I'll keep positive and hopefully have a good loss by the end of the week

Reactions: Kate