• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Good luck....my aim is to be under 100 kg which is my first small goal. Nice and encouraging people on this forum.

Hi Quinne welcome to the forum like you we all have challenges ahead it is great to read about all the individual stories:) It's really motivating and if you have a question someone usually has an answer:) Have a fantastic week :)

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I start Duromine 40mg and as much research i have done I am not too sure what to expect. I am planning on getting up every morning at 5:30am to take it so I can sleep and am planning on having foods like fruit and veggie juices, salads, tuna and chicken breast, raw almonds and LOTS of water.

I am a full time uni student and my work involves long hours of standing up so I do not have too much time to work out... maybe might have 2-3 days a week to exercise but I am consistently on the go which is good. How much weight loss can one generally expect in the first week?

My starting weight is 79Kg
Height is 158cm

I want to lose 20kg in 4 months so hopefully this can help! I know its a high goal but I know how to eat healthy and have consistently been losing weight for the last year and a half its just I went through a lot of health problems in the past year including surgery which made me put on weight, and I was taking anti depressants for 6 months which made me eat more (Due to lack of stress and overcoming a slight eating disorder). So in general, I know how to eat right and exercise, I just need to get back to my old routine.

Hope anyone can help!

Hi, I think that the amount you lose is different for everyone, some lose a lot some not so much but a loss is a loss :) I did the same thing as you; scared myself silly worrying about the side-effects. I started on the 15th and its not yet a week but I have lost around 2kg. I have some side-effects but theyre worth the results. For me the worst side-effects are the dry mouth, insatiable thirst and sleeplessness.
Good luck :)

Reactions: Typical_Jules
thanks @Melmo! Day one and so far going well. Very dry mouth and had almost 2L of water. Done about 30-40mins of power walking and been on 3 small meals adding up to about 550 calories. Not hungry at all but keeping my fluids up. Hoping I have some luck with this!! Congrats on your results so far!

Reactions: Melmo
I wish you all the best :) keep at it and I'm sure you'll get results :)

Yes I agree, keep doing what your doing :)

Exciting day, you'll be right, one day at a time. It does decrease your appetite, eat, don't forget to eat and eat good stuff! Mandarins and strawberries are my chocolate now :)
The best side effect is the energy levels and good my house is looking :)

Hey guys, this is my first time taking duromine & I want to document my experience as I go. I'm 21, 168cm & sick of being the fat girl! It's time to start living. My stats are:
W: 84.4kg
GW: 65kg...ish?
Dose: 30mg

I had to go to 2 different doctors to get it (first one I was actually too intimidated to say I wanted it so I left with a stack of "diet tips" and a lecture..). But I found some courage and the next lady was lovely. She handed me the script after a good check up & chat, and i left the office buzzing with excitement!

So far today I've had no side effects except a bit of dry mouth.. I'm keeping a food & exercise log to keep me on track as well. Did a 30min workout & my whole day of food includes: 1 pear, 25g raw almonds, 75g tuna in springwater, 125g salmon fillet & steamed broccolini!
My understanding (now) of what people mean when they report "not feeling hungry at all" on duromine is this: Yes, you COULD eat because when you think about the small amount you've consumed, and you feel your tummy rumbling, you naturally imagine eating something. But - and this is the beauty of duromine - when you start to think about ACTUALLY eating a specific food, you realise you really really don't want to eat it! You really don't want to eat anything!
You *could* eat, but you don't want to, and you definitely don't crave anything, so you just say no, and it's quite easy! Amazing!

So now I'm about to go to bed (if I can.. fingers crossed). In such a positive frame of mind currently, so glad I found this site!

Took me a while to get to sleep last night (2.30am) but I'm a student and do shift work so this isn't a huge issue. Still slept about 6.5hrs which I'm happy with. Woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Hey, I could get use to this!

yes, green tea is fantastic and very healthy

Day 4 and still no real side effects except a dry mouth & sweating/overheating. Slept for 7hrs last night & feeling resfreshed. Worked a long and busy shift and turned down a break because I genuinely didn't need one. Say what?!
Haven't weighed myself yet because I'm too scared, plus I feel like any loss at this point will be water weight!
Hardest thing to do on Duramine is to keep eating. Never thought I'd say that in my life, but when you're not hungry eating becomes a chore. But I know I need to otherwise my body will go into starvation mode & I might ruin my metabolism for life :/ Also need to drink more water.