• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 2

Hi Debbie, I started at 72kg when I filled the script so I'm stoked to be under the 70, even if it is only just ujnder. I am aiming to be back to 50-55kg, so wanting to lose approximately 20kg in total. I don't have any goals, just the sooner the better, but maybe I should set some :). I started the duromine after trying unsuccessfully with a low kJ diet and a bit of cardio daily for over a year. I have a muscle wasting disease and I had begun to struggle with standing and carrying my weight with my weak knees and ankles, and the weight makes my limited exercise ability even more limited. My dr said once I drop some with the help of the duromine I should be able to move more with less pain and continue on to my ideal range. I guess the depressing part is knowing how much I need to lose to get there. What I have found to be great with the duromine is the extra energy, I don't fatigue as quickly if i'm cycling on the exercise bike, in fact I've doubled my times and increased my speed too :) I am mainly struggling to eat enough food and find I have to eat even though I am not hungry to be able to eat the amount of kJs that's recommended. When I found out it was an appetite suppressant I couldn't work out why my dr prescribed it, but now I know she has prescribed it to help me burn off more kJs with activity :)
I cant stay of the scales! I must have weighed myself 4 times today, but the first weighing was awesome... I got out of bed and jumped straight on the scale and it read 69.4. however with the other times I weighed myself it fluctuated between 69.5 and 71.
I think youre right Jules, its natural to be emotionally invested and it is a long road and we all have to keep being positive :)

That's great that you are under 70kg. I know the feeling of wanting to be under a number for so long. I'm glad the d gives you energy to excercise. It must be hard for you. You can do it!! I know it's hard, but try not to get on the scales during the day. We always put on 1 kg or more during the day. How much food are you eating? Im eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. I have to make myself eat.

Reactions: Melmo
I will try not to keep weighing in more than every morning :) I think I am doing it in part to make sure it really is finally happening! I am only cycling on a stationary bike at the moment but it is something. Thanks for your support :) I'm using myfitnesspal to log a 1200 calorie diet and exercise. I looked at the site from the Duromine box livinglite for their recommendations and they start at 1500, so i just stuck with the 1200. Do you think it would be ok for me to eat under 1200? Cause it is so hard without any hunger to eat 1200 a day, I have to force myself too. I wish I knew how many is bare minimum calories a day I can eat without losing muscle mass. With my muscles wasting I cant afford to lose any extra. I have been asking on myfitnesspal but I get told that I didn't gain the weight overnight so I cant lose it overnight etc, I think they assume everyone wanting to eat a large deficit has an eating disorder lol

I am really not qualified to give advice on that, maybe someone else can advise?
I have been using myfitnesspal also. It's great! I make sure that I have 2 snacks during the day also.
Do you eat much protein? I think protein is good for muscles arent they?
Keep doing what your doing since you are already doing so well.

Reactions: Melmo
Thanks Debbie, I cant seem to find an answer. I am going to ask when I see my dr if its ok to go under. I think whats odd is that the duromine site starts at 1500, and I am struggling to get to 1200! today I was way under the 1200. I had a couple of bites for brekky, an ok lunch and a small salad wrap for dinner. including all my food and drink I was nearly 1000 kJs under my 5021 target then with exercise my net kJs for today was 3104. a pretty bad day nutrition wise :/ I am snacking on a handful of nuts when I can manage for protein, in addition to meats, though I am not hitting the myfitnesspal macro's for protein so I need to work more on that.

Hi everyone. Day 2 today. I am 45 years old, I had a very unsatisfactory hysterectomy as a result of fibroids 2 years ago with horrendous post-surgery complications which I won't bore you with (but fistula and 6 months of catheterisation are somewhere on the list). I am now on daily oestrogen and no matter what I have tried in the last 2 years, my weight is going in the wrong direction. I am now 87kg and somewhere between 163 and 165cm tall (its very depressing to go to the doctor and discover one has lost height!). Apart form the odd time in my life, I have been heavier than I wanted for about 30 years, not obese, but thats a matter of BMI opinion, isn't it? I have recently been trying to eat low FODMAPS foods which has helped with my digestion a lot (no fruit, no legumes, no onions, no grains), and there's only a small jump between that and paleo so I did that for a month or 2, then it evolved into LCHF which was FANTASTIC as I was able to truly enjoy decadent foods (and lots of green leafy veggies, don't panic!) - but I think I may have enjoyed them too much and my weight recently crept up. I didn't miss carbs much - although I did eat bread one day a week.
I felt pretty buzzy yesterday, a bit tingly and a bit odd. I felt an immediate impact on my hunger, although was hungry last night and didn't sleep well - my mind racing all night. I am going to try and really listen to my hunger signals - eat when hungry - and eat what I really fancy - and stop eating when full. I am going to write everything down. These two techniques have been proven time and time again to have a significant impact on long term weight loss, so I thought, why not? The duromine I am assuming enables me to effectively starve myself if I want to - but I suspect my body will kick back on that by getting the shakes, and me being very grumpy. I am not going to follow any particular eating plan, although I will still keep off most high FODMAPS foods as this makes a significant difference.
I was most excited to hear yesterday that duromine has had in some women a positive impact on libido, with one woman I read about even taking it for that reason. I am hoping this will happen to me - as the 2 years since my surgery have been a bit of a drought - hormonally, physically and mentally. My husband is very supportive, and long suffering.
The other thing I have noticed, which others have commented on, is that the main people posting about duromine are either in the first 5 days of it, or did it last year or before that, and for a reasonable period of time, and lost a lot of weight. Why do people stop posting? is it because the duromine completely takes their minds off food and its just easy to stick with?
I should add that I took Adifax 22 years ago for a few months, and was lucky not to get any health problems from that, and I lost a lot of weight and did a lot of walking (6 hours one day! the dog was knackered!) and I kept the weight off til I got pregnant, pretty much.
I was most distressed to read that alcohol is not advised with duromine, as my doctor hadn't mentioned that, she even said 'record your alcohol consumption too'. I would admit that this is my one problem, drinking 2-3 glass of red wine most nights (we're being honest here aren't we?). I spoke with a friend yesterday who took duromine last year and she went out drinking afterwards (admittedly with little food in her tummy) and was very very ill. I have decided not to drink while on duromine, as it will do me good to have a break from alcohol, and since a) the pills are so expensive I may as well give these the best shot, and b) I gather this is a limited time period I may as well focus on that.
I don't know if you guys are interested in all this, but I felt that taking this measure at this stage in my life was pretty significant, and so have been reading lots of posts recently.
I would really like to hear form any other menopausal women in their 40's and 50's who have experience with duromine. I hear (and have felt) the impact of low oestrogen is pretty dramatic for weight gain. I am having my hormones checked on Monday, too.
Thanks for reading, guys.

I am 30years old and current weight is 130kg. I am from Pretoria in South Africa. Today marks my 2nd day on D and for starters hoping 2 lose 10% of my body weight which is 13kg and will take it from there. No time limit for that but will just go with the flow. First weigh in will be this saturday. Good Luck to me

MsThang84 said:
I am 30years old and current weight is 130kg. I am from Pretoria in South Africa. Today marks my 2nd day on D and for starters hoping 2 lose 10% of my body weight which is 13kg and will take it from there. No time limit for that but will just go with the flow. First weigh in will be this saturday. Good Luck to me
Hi...I have been on D for a week now,cant wait for my 1st weigh-in....but not sure if I should.starting weight-84kgs....goal weight-60kgs.

hi Tharbi..2day is my 3rd day i hav decided 2 weigh once a week on a saturday..goodluck 2 u..let me know how it goes when u do eventually weigh urself

Hi newbie! Welcome again :laughing:
I advise you to weigh yourself in the mornings (no clothes oops))) before breakfast. Every week at the same time, this way you will get the most accurate numbers. Because if we weigh in at different time of the day, our body may contain food and water that will show the wrong numbers. I am sure you know that, just a tip from me ;)
You are very right saying 'no time limits' because weight loss is a long process. So, good luck again!

Reactions: tharbie
Hi..
Finally got a nerve to get on the scale...I couldn't believe my eyes,lost 10 kg in just 15days....is this normal!!!im now 75 kg
MsThang84 said:
hi Tharbi..2day is my 3rd day i hav decided 2 weigh once a week on a saturday..goodluck 2 u..let me know how it goes when u do eventually weigh urself[/QUOT

Reactions: MsThang84
tharbie said:
Hi..
Finally got a nerve to get on the scale...I couldn't believe my eyes,lost 10 kg in just 15days....is this normal!!!im now 75 kg
Wow, tharbie! Great result! I think it depends. But some people do have such results, how do you feel? OK? Any side effects?
If no, then you must be so happy, I imagine :laughing:
I hope you didn't forget to stick to the right eating habits, so that when you off the pills your weight won't come back. you should learn your body to eat this way, so it is easy for you to keep the same weight for long.
Good luck, we are very happy for you!

Hey MissThang. Ive also started on D today. Also want to start doing mini marathons in and around PTA from Jan. Let me know if ur interested. i cd do with a running buddy.