• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Thank you. But it's just my face on a good angle. I am 97kg and only 157cm. Not a good bmi.
I often have half a banana when I need to sleep. The magnesium relaxes you. Otherwise complete sleep is a good natural medication.

:) must look into that as i had to skip yesterday's dose as I was so exhausted from zero sleep.

Ps i replied :)

Molly2014 said:
:) must look into that as i had to skip yesterday's dose as I was so exhausted from zero sleep.

Ps i replied :)
Hi. You might have not seen THIS
Some of the tips helped me last time. I hope you too will find something helpful in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gooba
Hi all,

I have just started on Duromine for a second time. The last time i got frustrated as i wasnt losing much but i couldve been a lot more active too. So now is my time to shine. I started back on Duromine yesterday 13/11/14. I weighed in in the morning and i am currently 96.9kg. My goal weight is 75kg but would be happy to get into the 80's. i have two young "energetic girls, 6 & 2, and i want to do this for them. I am currently at the stage where i dont like going out because i am embarrassed with how i look. I plan to weigh in every Thursday morning so fingers crossed :)

hi,
good on you for doing something about your health. You know what i was the same last week, it was my first week and at the end i lost 2kg, i was a little dissapointed beacuse i was hoping for 3-4 kg, but then i sat there and thought wow 2 kg in a week!!!! thats amazing and secondly i don't want to stress all the time about how much i am loosing or not loosing instead ive decided to focus on how great it is that i am getting healthier and fitter, i am eating well, i am drinking loads more water and i am excercising again which in the long run is the most important as it will only benefit my body, and when i am healthier i feel better and i have more energy.
try to focus on how great you will feel once you make these changes and how much happier and healthier you will be. any weightloss along the way is a bonus :)
good luck I'm sure you will do well :)

Hi, our good old friend! Welcome back!
It's great that you are so determined and have so much will power now to return to this plan. I don't mean namely the pills, but weight loss journey. Your little girls are good motivators LOL. But firstly you are doing it for yourself, so good luck ;) and don't be to harsh to yourself. You WILL lose up to 75kg I am sure, just give your body some time.

Reactions: Rjburke1
Hi glad to see you have returned to the forum, this site has been amazing in my weight loss journey I don't think I would have got this far without the support of the other bloggers who are on similar journeys. I found it really helped to write in my blog everyday when I first started, it was a great place to pour out my feelings negative or positive without being judged. So good luck and keep us up to date on your journey :) if you need support you only have to ask ;)

I recently went back on duromine after having a positive experience with it about 2 yeArs prior. So I went on it for a month and during that time I really struggle with the side affects.
I wasent sleeping, headaches, always dizzy and aggression and anxiety and I even ended up fainting. Near the end of the packet I was feeling better and like the pills weren't that strong but now that I am off there I am struggling.

I can't sleep, always light headed , really panicky and just on edge. Any advice someone could give me, I no a lot of it is mental but it's really getting to me and stressing me outl

Thank youThank you

Reactions: Britt92
Hi, Lucy.
Make sure you are taking them right. I mean diet and all that stuff. As for the sleeping, you need to change something in your daily regimen to help your body, do not expect it would struggle with insomnia on its own. I know it is very difficult to change our habits and usual lifestyle, but you must do that, not only take the D. Like, we have lots of threads about side effects, especially regards sleeplessness. Some advice from here might help you.

Hey I've been reading a lot of forums to see other peoples experiences after recently starting duromine and I was really afraid to take it at first because I also take effexor anti depressant for severe panic disorder and I had heard a lot of bad things about taking the 2 together but my doctor reassured me that I would be perfectly safe and I go for weekly check ups to see how I'm going too, I used to weigh 75kgs.

But since 2 years on the anxiety meds I gained 20kgs and could not lose it no matter what, I had bloods done and my insulin levels had risen a lot from them making it impossible to lose weight so yeah, I started on the 15mg about a month/5 weeks ago and after a week not losing any weight I went to 30mg and could really feel it working and was great the first couple of days but after the 3rd day I started feeling anxious and sick had to come home from work coz I started freaking out, felt better after then that night I woke up in the middle of the night heart racing and pretty much in a panic attack it was so scary I kept thinking I was gonna die or have a heart attack but I tried to keep calm and go back to sleep.

Then the next day I would wake up feeling fine again, this kept happening every night and I kept trying to fight it but it started getting worse like the anxiety started kicking in the late evening and I would just feel horrible and scared all night then the 7th day I took my younger sister out coz she had come to visit for the weekend and then all of a sudden while we were out I started getting really anxious again and I felt like I couldn't breathe properly.

I was completely freaking out and I had no one to call coz my partner was at work so I had to drive 20mins home having a major panic attack it was soo scary I thought I was gonna crash and then once I got home I wanted to go to hospital but couldn't find anyone to take me so I called someone to try calm me down then took a Valium and went to sleep that was the last day I took them and then the next day I was so depressed and disappointed in myself for stopping coz they were working so well I had lost 5 kilos in the one week and I was so happy to see the scales go down after 2 years of trying everything to lose weight.

So I went back to the doctors and they said I did the right thing stopping them for the time being because of my mental health so they came up with another plan to wait 1 week to allow my body to go back to normal then start back on 30mg but every second day in stead, believe me I was so scared after the first experience but had to give it ago because I really wanted to lose weight and thought if worse comes to worse I can stop. So I have now been on it for just over 2 weeks taking it every second day instead and am doing really well this time :) I do get the odd anxiety ever now and then but nothing like before and because I already suffer anxiety disorders I knew I would be more prone to that side effect, the only thing that annoys me abit is the no sleeping, I was fine the first week but last 5 days I haven't been able to sleep.

Hardly at all maybe 2 to 3 hours a night but hoping that will wear off again soon other then that doing great, cut out all fizzy drink which I was addicted too lol and have much smaller meals and full quicker :) so, so far I have lost 5.5 kgs all together because after stopping the first time I ate a lot of crappy food coz I wanted to give up and felt sorry for myself for having to stop then that week I put 2 kilos back on then since starting again I've lost 2 and a half kilos so my starting weight was 94 and I'm currently 88.5 hoping to get down 70 owe and I'm 22 yrs old not sure on my height but I know I'm classified as obese with Bmi levels, sorry for the novel lol was just trying to share my experience and suggest the every second day option to see if that may be more successful for you :) goodluck!

Hey, so when I was 20 i weighed 120+ kgs, I lost 60 in 6 months 2 weeks, and right before I hit my goal...I found out I was pregnant. I then gained 30 kilos, and the weekend I had my son I lost 10 kilos, only to get pneumonia from being in a shower all weekend during Labour and from this 10 day illness I lost another 8, I was breast feeding as well. then I had medical problems after birth from giving birth so couldn't exercise. My little boy is now 4, we are very active, we go to the park, swimming in summer and we walk the puppy. I've tried reducta, fat blaster, the shakes the cookies...the pills...and nothing worked. Then I found duromine September last year, it worked amazingly!!! 6 kilos first week and 2 kilos every week after...but then on the 3rd week I got sick, my routine got messed up, and gained it back. So now I'm 80 kilos...my goal weight is 60-65
I will be excercising and dieting...I'm impatient, so I push myself to get results quickly (safely) I'm giving myself 10 weeks. I don't fail, I'm on 30mg duromine, so I'll update this profile everyday, with my excercise and diet routines and side effects...please follow my journey... Xox

Started Saturday 11th July...first night, yes I had trouble sleeping...but I used that time to excercise. (100 squats, 100 left leglifts, 100 right leg lifts, 100 reverse sit ups, 100 crunches)
Sunday 12th July: woke up feeling great, had to force myself to eat, breakfast I had a fruit smoothie, lunch was a vege soup and dinner was a bowl of steamed veg...had no appetite! Again I excercised (100 squats 100 left leg lifts 100 right leg lifts 100 sit up 100 reverse sit ups)
Monday 13th July: woke up feeljg great again had fruit for breakfast a green salad for lunch and a bowl of steamed veg for dinner drank 2 litres of water and had a cup of black coffee before my workout (100 squats 100 left leg lifts 100 right leg lifts 100 reverse sit ups 100 sit ups + 20 minute walk) I have been adding 2+ litres of water every day and have been splitting my excercise in half so half in morning half at night... Haven't had cravings...have been keeping busy, I have told myself...whatever food I want weather it's take away or junk food THAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...I can have it as a treat once I've reached my goal! I hate excercising...but I'm telling mmyself that it's only a short time...and to get it done. I've been drinking unsweetened black coffee before my workouts and it's been giving me a boost of energy, I've also been drinking green tea with mint with my meals...so far...I've lost 2.7 kilos I now weigh 76.3 but it's 9pm...so I will weigh myself in the morning. I'm going to switch up my excercise routine every week...and I won't be joining a gym...so all my excercise will be athome or walks/jogs. Xx

Ok so woke up sore in my thighs from excercising...but that's ok NO PAIN NO GAIN! Had bad morning breath and dry mouth, nothing a brush, some mouthwash and some water can't fix :) today for breakfast I had a fruit salad without banana, I had a cup of green tea and a tin of tuna in spring water for lunch I walked for 30 minutes this morning and have been busy all day. Will update tonight what I have for dinner. I've been carrying a 1.5 litre water with Me every where and have been keeping busy.
Start: 80kgs (11th July)
Today: 77.6kgs
Lost 2.4 kgs
17.6kgs to go. Xox

Reactions: DiaryofADuroDamzel
So tonigt for dinner I had a piece of chicken 100 grams and salad with a cup of green tea...feeling good did my work out, muscles are sore but it's bearable

Reactions: Kate
You are doing so awesome!

Just started today, 40mg, bit of a roller coaster of a day hahaha but it definitely does what it says and suppresses appetite

Hey :) thanks
Yes there are a few side effects, but it a worth it, they are not permanent

Good luck
mummy89 said:
So tonigt for dinner I had a piece of chicken 100 grams and salad with a cup of green tea...feeling good did my work out, muscles are sore but it's bearable
Good! I like when my muscles sore, meaning I'm alive :laughing:
You are doing a great job, go on;)

Hey :) so everything is going great! Wednesday morning I had a smoothie for breakfast, had about 10 almonds as a snack, a cup of muestrkne soup for lunch, then some carrot sticks with 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese for a late afternoon snack, for dinner wewent to a restaurant...surrounded by comfort food, ribs steak rissott pastas and whatever else...I opted for a large garden salad without the dressing...I still got to eat with my family and stuck to my diet...+ I excercised doing my routine that morning and night...went to bed around 10 woke up at 6=
Thursday 16th July
Breakfast...I was not hungry at all...but forced myself to have a smoothie, 50 grams of ham and salad for lunch, I smacked on celery and beetroot dip in the afternoon and for dinner I had a piece of grilled fish and salad did my morning and night excercise...pain has gone in muscles my skin is glowing...I feel really good.

Today! Friday the 17th
Breakfast I had a banana and a cup of milk, lunch I had a couscous salad and I've done my morning excercise.
My slerpig has been great, I'm waking up full of energy! I've been drinking 2 litres of water, unsweetened green tea with mealsand black unsweetened coffee one hour before my workouts, I've been keeping a food diary so I can add up my portions and calories...I've been really happy with the results...plus no side effects other than weight loss and I find my bowel movements are a little hard, so I bought metimucil today to help with that...

Starting weight: 80kilos
Today's weight: 75.5kilos

4.5kgs in 17 days! You are on FIRE!