• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
H

Holi

Standard Member
May 22, 2011
Hey guys,

I was so happy to find this wonderful forum!

I have just been given a perscription of duromine 30mg from my doctor. I have heard amazing things about this product like losing 7kg in a week! i have about 7kgs to lose (the last part is always the hardest for me) and i am really hoping that this drug will be the one that will do it for me. I have not been at my goal weight since i was in my mid twenties and i'm in my early thirties now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences! They were all fantastic to read and I will be posting my experiences online too for others who wish to read.

If anyone has any tips of things to do that will make my experience with duromine safer (i am a little scared of this drug), please let me know.

Good luck to u all with ur weight loss! :)

-holi

Hi Holi,

I have also started on the 30mg yesterday, before I was on the 15mg for 3 weeks and I have lost over 6kg. I wish it was a bit more but a loss is a loss I suppose ;) I haven't had any side effects what so ever so I hope u don't get any as well.

My couple of tips is that u just can't keep eating crap while on Duromine. Some people think that it is some wonder drug that you can just keep eating crap and the weight will just fall off, that is just not the case. You have to watch what u eat. If the Duromine works u will not want to eat much, if not at all! But u have to eat something. I suggest that when u eat try to limit the amount of carbs (sugar) u eat and try to eat mostly protein! Because the body will use the carbs for energy first before anything else and when you eat too many carbs, the body will turn the excess carbs into body fat! When u eat protein the body actually burns energy to digest the protein and the body doesn't store protein as body fat, so when u eat mostly protein where does the body look too next for energy? Body fat!

So try to eat lean protein like eggs, lean red or white meat (tuna, rump, chicken breast, pork) and remember to cut the fat off! This diet is pretty expansive but it works well ;) And with the carbs, try to stay away from anything that comes in a wrapper!

And with exercise... just WALK for at least 30mins a day. Don't run, jog or lift weights, there is no need for it if u just want to lose weight. I followed this diet two years back and I lost 15kg in 12 weeks with no Duromine! But now with an ankle injury that just doesn't wanna fully heal up and 3 kids to look after, it would be just too hard to do with the time and money needed to do it. And remember to drink plenty of water as well!

And try to take the Duromine very early in the morning after some food! Say, before 6am. Otherwise you will be up all night, especially when starting Duromine for the first time!

Hope this helps you out and keep us posted!
Cheers ;)

Reactions: kazzbah
hello rootesy!

Thanks for the tips. i am a low carber from before and i also lost about 10kg on it. It is pretty fantastic. I think when i start craving i will definitely take ur advice and have some grilled chicken or something. I don't think i can exercise at all after today, i went to the shops and was so short of breath just walking around. I am getting a lot of side effects but they are all mild i think. I'm glad that u didn't get any side effects :) I might go back to the doctor after a week just to get things checked out. Today i have managed to eat one small apple. was hoping to eat more veges but i can't complain i guess. It is amazing how strong this appetite suppressant is. Thanks for the warning on my other post, tbh what i am doing is not healthy but i'm so depressed about not being able to lose the last amount of weight that i'm taking a risk. my goal weight is a realistic one (i am only 5 foot) and i don't plan on having any caffeine as i understand that my cardiovascular system is under increased pressure, first with the drug and secondly with the rapid weight loss that will hopefully follow! hope my body can deal with it, i'm travelling soon and hope to be off the drug by then.

i hope ur ankle injury gets better soon and good luck!

keep in touch

-holi

Hey Holi,

Good luck with the weight loss - but I also second what rootesy says about making sure you eat!

The first week I found it hard to eat, but you need to force yourself - even if it's something simple and small like meat and veggies.

Think of it as fuel for the body to keep it running, because I'm sure if you starve your body without realising it, when you come off the tablets, you will also put the weight straight back on.

P.S Don't be worried about the medication too much - I found a lot of people (and internet reviews) rubbishing this pill and everyone going on about it being another version of speed - just do what's right for you and if you follow it properly with a balanced diet, drinking water and exercise then it'll work with no dramas!

Good Luck!

Also, if you don't eat during the day, the body will start to store fat as it thinks you are starving, so either have 6 small meals per day or 3 daily normal meals, also I am a good drinker, but have found that it suppresses your yearning for a drink ! (bourbon and coke is my undoing).

Hi guys, ive just started duromine 30 mg and todays my 2nd day. i dont think ive gotten any side effects or anger from it, so i feel pretty good. So i was just wondering if you's have any tips on what type of food to eat while on duromine ???

I feel almost scared that i dont want to eat ANY bad food, and instead ive skipped the meal. and i know thats not healthy. i was hoping maybe you's would know of any tips and ideas for lunches and dinner ?? for brakfast i have porridge/ oats with protein shake and i exercise regularly everyday. but i think im a bit paranoid as to what to eat for lunch, and dinner because i know i have to maintain a healthy diet during and after duromine, where other people think its a miracle drug .... etc. so i just want to build a healthy diet now instead of later/ any ideas would be much appreciated.

Im a healthy eater and i love going to the gym and for a run its just i find i eat TOO much and these days theres just so many options of fast food its ridiculous. i love subway, but my biggest goal is to cut down on my carbs because i love bread (multigrain and wholemeal) and ive cut out coke and fizzies, cordial, so now i just have water and i love it, because coke, cordial and bread are MY biggest weaknesses.

So im trying to either cut down or cut out and i know in the end my body will thank me for it. but its just the food, i find myself contemplating whether or not i want to eat, but i know i have to. ?! eg for lunch i didnt want to eat a healthy omellette (but it had the yolks in it) so i skipped and had cellery instead ? I KNOW i could have just made an egg white omellette but i think i was paranoid ?? any suggestions or advise ? thanks

Reactions: Pamandboston
hey i have started duromine 30 and nothing seems to be happening im still hungry and everythgin seems normal i was wondering if i should take 2 tablets? or if anyone has tried it before?

Hi,
I was on duromine a few weeks back - I was on 30mg for 2 weeks. I got awfully constipated so stopped. I have started again today with a plan of attack... - a high fibre diet to combat the constipation- will just have to watch the carbs. I found that the first week went really well and I lost 2.5 kg. Second week about 1kg. I got very emotional and anxious at the end of the second week - had a lot going on at work... hoping the duromine wasnt the cause.. I found it hard to eat sometimes but tried to eat small meals 4-5 times a day. I still had a few beers most nights (and a few extras on the weekend) which probably didnt help and will do it again this time...
Will keep you posted on my progress:laughing:

Hello
I started Duromine 30mgs on the 26th of January 2013. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which has caused weight to be a constant challenge for around 5 years now. Does anyone else have a similar situation? I'm 172cm and weigh 77.8kgs. Always been a healthy eater with occasional treats and exercised regularly but couldn't ever shift the weight. I'm hoping that this works for me because nothing else has. I will weigh in on Saturday. Would love some help and support because I'm feeling extremely nervous and anxious about it! :laughing:

Hi there<

Welcome!!! I too have PCOS and have battled with my weight for the past 10 years, I was lucky enough to have given birth to 2 kids with only a 40% chance of conceiving but with each pregnancy ballooned.

I am on Glucophage for the PCOS. I have tried everything to lose weight and i am happy to say that i started Duromine on the 19 November 2012 and to date I have lost 16kg's. I am taking this slow as i do not want to put the weight back on once i go off the Duromine. As of last week i started using Herbalife Thermojetics and the Herbalife shake as Duromine takes your appetite away completely (in my case) and you can go a full day without eating anything. The trick to keeping the weight off though is to have regular small healthy meals.

My PCOS symptoms have gotten a lot better and last year my menstruation cycle went back to normal and i have been regular ever since. I have not had a period in 10 years.

Good Luck on your journey.

Take Care

Rukayah

Hi All,
I too have PCOS.
I am in my second week of Duromine (40) and in the first week lost 3.8kg. Haven't any real issues with it, the first night I didn't sleep a wink (although had 3 coffees during the day as well - big mistake and not since repeated!) but have been ok. I've found this week my mouth is really dry and I'm drinking so much more water. I need to loose about 30kgs and I'm using Duromine to give me a kick start. I'm feeling great, I have absolutely no appetite but have a small breakfast, really small lunch and a small dinner of whatever the rest of my family are having (I'm married with a 12yo son and 7yo daughter).
Looking forward to sharing the journey!

Hi Rukayah!
Congratulations on your children :) That makes me feel better hearing success stories like that. What is Glucophage?
Wow 16kgs is huge! How slowly did it come off?
I have been on it for a week now, had my first weigh in this morning and i've only lost 1.1kgs. I ate really well all week and exercised 6 days of the 7. I thought i would have lost more. Ive still had a normal appetite and feel pretty much normal so it might me a slow process.....

Hi ChrissieM!
3.8 is a great loss! How is your sleeping going now? My first night i couldn't sleep until 4:30am so im glad to say im sleeping normal again now. Is your mouth still dry? How long did it take for you to lose your appetite? I have found that i still have mine, but i always eat small healthy meals so i guess thats ok?
Because i have always eaten well and exercised daily i think my weight is going to take forever to come off. I have only lost 1.1kgs in my first week, which i thought would have been a lot more. Let me know how your progress is going.

Newbie I'm glad I read your posts because I feel just like you! I'm 21 years old, 172cm and have PCOS. At my heaviest I was around 90kg but my doctor prescribed me Metformin in 2011 which really helped and I came down to 77kg but stopped losing and over the past year have gone up to 83kg.

I have always eaten healthy and I joined a gym when I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago and have consistently exercised. Before I started taking metformin I was eating healthy meals and was in the gym 6 days a week for 13 weeks but lost no weight! I'm still taking metformin but feel as though it doesn't have the same effect as it used to and I'm hesitant to increase my dose even more because I'm worried my body will just get used to that too and it'll become a cycle.

I was first prescribed duromine 15mg in December but even though I felt like I suffered the side effects of it, after a month I hadn't lost any weight. So a week ago today I started duromine 30mg. I've had little appetite and have had to remind myself to eat, and I've exercised 6 of the past 7 days. I did the 5km colour run yesterday and struggled with heart palpatations and feeling really sick - I think it may have been the combination of the exercise with the heat! I'm sleeping okay but waking up 5 or 6 times during the night, have an increased heart rate, sometimes feel extremely hot and sweat a lot, feel alert in the morning then very tired in the afternoon, and the past 2 days I've had a really bad headache but feel like I'm drinking a lot of water! I've lost 1.2kg in the first week which doesn't seem much considering the intensity of exercise I've been doing as well as reading posts from others who have lost heaps the first week. I know dropping weight slowly is better than quickly but I just don't want to be on these pills for too long!

Soph said:
Newbie I'm glad I read your posts because I feel just like you! I'm 21 years old, 172cm and have PCOS. At my heaviest I was around 90kg but my doctor prescribed me Metformin in 2011 which really helped and I came down to 77kg but stopped losing and over the past year have gone up to 83kg.

I have always eaten healthy and I joined a gym when I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago and have consistently exercised. Before I started taking metformin I was eating healthy meals and was in the gym 6 days a week for 13 weeks but lost no weight! I'm still taking metformin but feel as though it doesn't have the same effect as it used to and I'm hesitant to increase my dose even more because I'm worried my body will just get used to that too and it'll become a cycle.

I was first prescribed duromine 15mg in December but even though I felt like I suffered the side effects of it, after a month I hadn't lost any weight. So a week ago today I started duromine 30mg. I've had little appetite and have had to remind myself to eat, and I've exercised 6 of the past 7 days. I did the 5km colour run yesterday and struggled with heart palpatations and feeling really sick - I think it may have been the combination of the exercise with the heat! I'm sleeping okay but waking up 5 or 6 times during the night, have an increased heart rate, sometimes feel extremely hot and sweat a lot, feel alert in the morning then very tired in the afternoon, and the past 2 days I've had a really bad headache but feel like I'm drinking a lot of water! I've lost 1.2kg in the first week which doesn't seem much considering the intensity of exercise I've been doing as well as reading posts from others who have lost heaps the first week. I know dropping weight slowly is better than quickly but I just don't want to be on these pills for too long!

Hi Soph! Wow we seriously sound like the same person! How are you going on the Duromine now??

Thats so good of you to complete a fun run, im going to do a 4k run in May for the first time! Just wondering what exactly is metformin? I've never heard of it. Did you have side effects using that?

I only lost 1.1kgs in my first week and was a bit disappointed like you were with yourself. A week later I weighed in again and had lost another 1.8kgs which made me feel much better. Down to 74.9 kgs. I really think the exercise and correct eating is extremely important while taking Duromine. I haven't had a smaller appetite at all though which sucks but im being good. I find i still crave sweet foods especially in the afternoons. I have been getting constipated which is a horrible feeling! But apart from that i feel normal.

I've been drinking a green smoothie for breakfast (simplegreensmoothies.com) everyday that I'm finding is a great way to kick start my day and nourish my body. I haven't been eating any potatoes, pasta, rice or bread. However I still eat rye based breads or wraps or oats etc.

Looking forward to hearing how you are going!

Hey there Beautiful Ladies,

Apologies for only replying now. Anxious to hear how your journey has been progressing so far.

I have now completed my three months of D and below is my progress to date:

Start Date: 19 November 2013

Start Weight: 126kg

Height: 1.75

Ideal Weight: 80kg

Weight loss to date: 22kg

Current weight: 104

Still need to lose: 24kg

I am still going strong without the D, having replaced it with the Herbalife Thermojetics which is a natural product, reduces cravings and gives you way more energy than D.

Metformin is the generic form of Glucophage, it is primarily used to treat Type 2 Diabetes but has been successful in treating PCOS. My PCOS symptoms have virtually disappeared which is a bit scary as i have never been on any form of contraceptives and at this point in my life do not wish to have any more kids (i'm not saying ever).

Let me know how you ladies are doing :)

You're progressing! This is great!

It's been three or something months and you've changed Duromine to Herbals, but still lose weight? I am very happy to know that.
Not many people are able to keep their weight stable after losing it. But you can apparently.
Wait a minute, but isn't it great that your PCOS symptoms disappeared? Or I miss something?:confused:

Hi guys!

Newbie I've lost 1.5kg since my last post, which means almost 3kg all up. It's not much at all but I'm counting anything as progress! I had my period last week and I always seem to weigh a little more during that but remained the same weight this time so I'm hoping the next couple of weeks the weight loss will pick up a little more.
As Rukayah said, Metformin (also says diabex) is used to treat diabetes but I found it was really helpful for PCOS. It helps control your bloody sugar levels and lowers insulin levels. I have insulin resistance as a part of PCOS so I think this is why Metformin really helped me. It reduced cravings I was having for bread in particular, and made me feel like my body was actually responding to healthy eating and exercise. I was exercising a lot when I first went on Metformin and I had regular weight loss of 1kg a week for a couple of months. For the first week or so I experienced vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea which was unpleasant but once my body got used the doses I was fine - and taking the tablets after a decent sized meal helped!

I think I'm going to try what you're doing drinking the green smoothie for breakfast. I've found it a challenge eating properly because I've been pretty uninterested in food and haven't done enough by way of preparing nutritious meals... I've found myself thinking 'that's right I need something for lunch' and ending up just having a piece of fruit or bowl of cereal rather than a nicely prepared salad or stir fry or something - which wouldn't be helping my weight loss.

How are you going with everything now?

Rukayah I'm interested to hear about your experience with Herbalife Thermojetics - so you're not on Duromine anymore? That's amazing that your PCOS symptoms have virtually disappeared!! I want to try and get off Duromine as soon as I can. I'd like to loose another 3.5kg on it as getting back down to 77kg has been the first goal I've set... But I'm worried about the effects of being on Duromine for more than a couple of months. I didn't take my tablet on Saturday morning because I wanted to drink Saturday night but the whole day I felt so irritable, grumpy, and absolutely exhausted. I ended up not even going out Saturday night because I couldn't get out of bed. I'm feeling a little better today but have just noticed (especially with my boyfriend) that I haven't been as bubbly, patient and happy as I usually am. I'm not sure whether this is because of Duromine, because of my contraceptive pill, because of a build up of a lack of sleep or whether it's just a phase I'm going through personality wise. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday so hopefully that'll shed some insight :)

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to this site but not to duromine. I was on duromine 17-18 years ago but struggled to commit. Now I'm back and more determined than ever. I start day 1 of my journey tomorrow :) with my starting weight of 95kg. Like most I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember & well I've had enough. Let the journey begin :)