• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
mummajessjess said:
hey Stephen,
I know what you mean with the anxiety-reading about some peoples side effects freaked me out! all I can say is im on day 6 and u until now no side effects to report,important to eat and sleep as what I can see its the people not doing that which are feeling the worst-how have you found your first day?
jess
Hi there Jess - Thanks for getting in touch with me. Well my first tablet is tomorrow morning as i only got the prescription today so I'll know tomorrow. I made the fatal mistake of asking Dr Google about this product and got all sorts of scare stories come up. Not going to think about all that now and take the leap tomorrow.

Belinda said:
Welcome Stephen, good luck on your weight loss journey : ) I completely agree with Jess, it seems that when you are not fuelling your body with enough water and healthy snacks and meals whilst taking the tablets that's when the side effects can come on strong!
Hi there Belinda - Thank you for your advice too, that's galling to know that the side effects can't be contained to the time immediately after you take a tablet. I eat a lot of fresh fruit during the day, I guess that's ok still isn't it? I'll grab a large bottle of water on the way in too. All advice is gratefully received.

Reactions: Kate
Welcome Stephen, yes, they are right, drink it before 7am, drinks lots of water and your should not experience any side affects, its works for me, all the best xoxo

Bonnie said:
Welcome Stephen, yes, they are right, drink it before 7am, drinks lots of water and your should not experience any side affects, its works for me, all the best xoxo
Hey there Bonnie, thanks for getting in touch. I'm taking in water with Camel like proportions today. It's hard to explain the sensation on day one, something akin to a light hangover but not a high. You do feel different, a little dizzy perhaps but it feels managable. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

Reactions: Bonnie and Belinda
Hi, Stephen! Once you eat your small porton meals regularly - you should not feel bad at all. Some people think they must stop eating food, while taking the pills)))) Yes you are losing weight, but still your body needs a fuel to stay in a good shape. You do great so far.;)

Reactions: Belinda
Kate said:
Hi, Stephen! Once you eat your small porton meals regularly - you should not feel bad at all. Some people think they must stop eating food, while taking the pills)))) Yes you are losing weight, but still your body needs a fuel to stay in a good shape. You do great so far.;)
Hi Kate. I actually did feel better after eating lunch today. Thank you very much for your support.

Stephen said:
Hey there Bonnie, thanks for getting in touch. I'm taking in water with Camel like proportions today. It's hard to explain the sensation on day one, something akin to a light hangover but not a high. You do feel different, a little dizzy perhaps but it feels managable. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

I'm on day one too, and i'm feeling a little lightheaded! My stomach growls but i don't feel like eating. Not sure if its the pill or just my mind willing it to work. Hope all goes well with you! :)

butterpops said:
I'm on day one too, and i'm feeling a little lightheaded! My stomach growls but i don't feel like eating. Not sure if its the pill or just my mind willing it to work. Hope all goes well with you! :)

Butterpops: Do have something, you'll feel much better. I do now. Day one's done, we both can crack this challenge.:)

Welcome butterpops & stephen. At Stephen I also made the mistake of reading the stories I found on google and wanted nothing to do with Duromine. Then I received an invite to a friends wedding & I was desperate to loose weight(my friend called off her wedding last week but I am still going to continue with D). I agree with everyone regarding eating small meals & drinking lots of water makes a huge difference. I started 4 weeks ago and no side effects except for extream hunger pains on day 2&3. But after advise from Kate I never had any again. Also some valuable advise, do not compare your weight loss with that of other people. It will just make you dispondent and miserable when you don't loose the same amount as them. We are each on our own journeys and our bodies are all handling being on D in its own way.

Good luck to you both

Thank you Loulou for the kind and helpful words :) i often compare my progress with others and give up after a while, which is really bad.

Loulou said:
Welcome butterpops & stephen. At Stephen I also made the mistake of reading the stories I found on google and wanted nothing to do with Duromine. Then I received an invite to a friends wedding & I was desperate to loose weight(my friend called off her wedding last week but I am still going to continue with D). I agree with everyone regarding eating small meals & drinking lots of water makes a huge difference. I started 4 weeks ago and no side effects except for extream hunger pains on day 2&3. But after advise from Kate I never had any again. Also some valuable advise, do not compare your weight loss with that of other people. It will just make you dispondent and miserable when you don't loose the same amount as them. We are each on our own journeys and our bodies are all handling being on D in its own way.

Good luck to you both
Hey Loulou - Thank you for taking the time to write today. I have a target weight I'm aspiring to, but I'm not going to be despondent if the weight doesn't come down immediately. I see this medication as a transitory aid since the long term approach will be to eat healthily and live well. I'm glad I'm not the only one to get spooked by the horror stories; I did take a deep breath this morning before taking the first tablet. This morning was quite spacey, but by the afternoon things seemed to settle down.
Thanks again for your well wishes.

Hey Stephen welcome to the club :) I am on Day 9, never thought in my life I would use Duromine. I am so happy with it so far I have heaps more energy and I feel very little hunger pains. I still eat 3 meals a day and 2 small health snacks. After 9 days I have lost weight and am looking forward to the next 2.5 months on the tablets to see what great habits can be formed. I am also bravely keeping a photo diary - good bad and ugly. I want to see what others are seeing and I want to look back on a place I never want to be again.

Kezzamcc said:
Hey Stephen welcome to the club :) I am on Day 9, never thought in my life I would use Duromine. I am so happy with it so far I have heaps more energy and I feel very little hunger pains. I still eat 3 meals a day and 2 small health snacks. After 9 days I have lost weight and am looking forward to the next 2.5 months on the tablets to see what great habits can be formed. I am also bravely keeping a photo diary - good bad and ugly. I want to see what others are seeing and I want to look back on a place I never want to be again.
Hi Kezzamcc - That's a superb start, I hope I can achieve the same in the same short amount of time. I don't feel any stigma for using Duromine, frankly because before yesterday, I'd never heard of it. For all of us it’s probably a temporary means to an ends where we can continue to maintain our ideal weight without medication. Hope the photo diary is a great incentive for you; I'm starting with something more mundane tomorrow: some new bathroom scales.

Thanks for getting in touch & sharing your experience & good luck too.:)

You guys are welcome. I spoke to the person that introduced me to Duromine yesterday, she stopped it two months ago due to ill health and started a week ago again. So I asked her how its going and she said fabulous she's lost 4kgs in her first week. I was totally happy for her but asked her what eating plan she used & if she started at a gym. Her reply was I am not eating because I am not feeling hungry, I have a fruit or two during the day when I do feel hungry. And she is having a hell of a time with bad side effects and once she stops taking Duromine the loss weight comes back three fold. I told her to join the forum as the advise I receive is very helpful. But also pointed out that not eating could be doing more harm then good in the long run. Yeah its great to loose so much in your first week but at what cost. Don't get me wrong I am not saying its not possible but at the end of the day like Stephen said taking Duromine is a transition aid but long term planning could be the key in keep all the shed kilo's off once you stop taking Duromine.

Hence me saying do not compare your own journey with someone elses.

And lastly I have experienced that some times I don't loose alot in kgs but the cetimetre loss is huge and it makes a huge difference.

Good luck and lets keep the support going

totally agree loulou-you have to stop taking it eventually and then what? you get hungry and you haven't learnt anything-good luck to everyone

Stephen said:
Hey, yup that is what it does on some days, but becuase I can handle it, I dont identify it as a symptom...make sense?

mummajessjess said:
totally agree loulou-you have to stop taking it eventually and then what? you get hungry and you haven't learnt anything-good luck to everyone
If you start with a eating plan, then continue it after your stop, you should be fine, just remember its also a lifestyle change, the duromine is only there to assist your over active eating habit, if you have that sorted whiles on duromine with some lite excercise, your should be fine after duromine, so far I have lost 9kg and counting with 5 small meals a day. I have not changed it drastically so I can continue when I am off duromine, hope this helps "B"

Totally agree with Bonnie about a lifestyle change! ;)
How are you, Bonnie by the way?

At the not so youthful age of 60, I have struggled with weight issues all my life. However, after a cycling accident 3 years ago, the weight has piled on and I absolutely LOATH my body and what I look like. I have a wardrobe of beautiful clothes that I cannot fit into, and the last straw was having to buy a larger bra 2 weeks ago. Early this year I went to a doctor who totally demoralised me by saying that 'you should learn to accept it - putting on weight is just part of getting old'. If anything, his attitude only led me to put on MORE weight. But finally, after becoming so upset at trying to find comfortable bras, I said 'enough is enough' and went to a new GP who listened to me and strongly suggested I try Duromine. I did my research and just as there are some side affects with any medication, I know I have to give this a go. It is either this track, or go on anti-depressants. And it is far better to work on the cause rather than the result.
What surprises me is the large number of young people on this forum - are there any older, more mature people who have used Duromine? I would love to know their experience, and story. Being overweight does not stop as you get older - in fact, it gets worse. My weight sky rocketed as soon as I hit menopause, thus my exercise regime. But one fall off the rung (my accident) and I have put on nearly 20 kgs. And I HATE it, I LOATH it. I am lucky to still be working in a job I love, but every year have to have a medical. My last medical was a warning bell, and my job could be in jeopardy if I cannot get this weight under control.
I have taken the week off to start my regime, so if any side affects do come on, I will be in a better place to handle it. I have totally cleared out my cupboards - anything remotely on the temptation list was chucked straight in the bin. Part of me was saying 'don't throw out perfectly good food - look at the money you are wasting' - but that is my loss. I don't want any wrong foods even in the house. I will concentrate on good healthy food- yoghurt, fruit, cereal, vegetables, fish, and drinking more water.
So far, have only had a slight headache, but that could be a by product of cutting out sugar - my main drug. I have come to hate food - you cannot give it totally like alcohol or drugs - and trying to constantly eat the right food is not easy.
Something clicked inside me this time and I am determined to succeed. I wear a uniform and I have already bought 1 pair of large size pants- I WON'T do that again, as they have to be specially ordered in.
I would love to hear from any 'mature age' people out there. Being over-weight is not jut a problem for the young ones. I recently bought a Health & fitness Magazine and was disgusted that the whole magazine seemed to be a 'Dolly' clone - all pictures were of pre teen girls, rarely with even breasts, let alone any weight issues. I doubt there was one picture of any person over 25. There is a huge amount of discrimination against older people as it is (and by that I mean anyone over 40!) - and just because we get older does not mean that we should accept getting fatter (and staying that way).

Hello, not2oldyet!

My name is Kate and I'm 51.
I had my experience with duromine a couple of years ago. To be more specific 3 years ago. My story was beginning similar to most of overweight ladies - postbirth obesity. I have two kids (well not kids anymore but grownups)) and I had never been worried about my weight, until I started feeling different disorders (hard walking, dyspnea, fatigue, even depression). I saw how people were looking at me, saw their judgement in their eyes...one thing to another I realized I had to do something about my weight problem when I was 45. Of course I was thinking first that I could handle it on my own. Tried different diets, nothing helped. I managed to lose a couple kilos and then gained them back.
My doc told me it was pretty normal (like you said) to gain weight with age, plus I never managed to lose after birth. But this wasn't the thing I would put up with, no way. I went to another doc, so she recommended to try duromine. I had a lot of extra weight, but she gave me 15mg to start with. To see if I had any side effects. And she warned me: that I had to change my whole life style, to throw away all the junk foods, start exercising little by little and change my daily regime completely. So I had plenty of patience, since this was very serious to me.

First I didn't tell anything to my family, just tried to get up earlier than before to take my pill, then made some healthy meal boxes for me for the whole day. It was very hard I must say! My body didn't want to get used to this new regime. After that I usually had my breakfast. Searched some recipes on the Internet to make different meals. Made a list of meals, so that I could see what I must eat on Monday, Tuesday, etc. It helped, because I needed a discipline not to jump off my diet plan. Besides it was harder, because my husband and younger son would not eat the same as me. So I had to cook for myself separately.

During the first month I lost only 4 kgs, which was a pretty good start, yet I still had lots to lose. I started with walking, 40-45 minutes outside in the park. Took some music and it helped to keep my pace. The energy was fantastic I must say! The second month I decided not to weigh myself and see what happens. I was doing the same - early wake ups, cooking, cleaning the house, work, walking in the evening (added some yoga and stretching), dinner and sleep.Of course I had some side effects, but my confidence was higher than my fear.

Soon I got used to my regime and liked how I was feeling myself. I lost another 10 kgs during this period. How happy I was! Sometimes it was difficult to see all that food at parties and BBQ, but I just sticked to vegetables and meat. No sauses, no bread and pasta. Was strict to myself. Three months later my doc told me she was impressed - my metabolism worked well, I was progressing.

In general my weight loss took almost two years, I mean the main weight loss. And I lost almost 50 kgs for 18 months! Incredible, with little steps I came to my goal. The good thing was that I managed to keep my weight even after I stopped the pills. I always say that you got to train your body, to exercise. Better in gym, perfectly - with personal coach. I did. And thanks to him, my discipline was high and I new that I had to do all those exercises to keep my body toned.

After all these years of incredible struggle, I am trying to keep my eating behavior stable and I enjoy attending gym, just supporting programs, yoga, stretch, pilates. I know it's a matter of money for lots of people, but you can always call your girls and make some home yoga - fun and good for your body.
Well, don't want to bore you with my long story....lots of detailes to tell. All in all, I never say weight loss is an easy task and all you need is just Duromine. On contrary it's a hard work and great change for the body!

ps. I think you can lose as much weight as you need/want, and you did well "clearing out your cupboards", because this is a start, a good start. Once there is no junk and provocative food in your house, you will get used to eat healthy much faster and easier. Good luck to you and write me if you have any questions, I would love to help you!

Kate