S

Smashed1

Standard Member
Dec 13, 2013
If your dr prescribed it, I guess it's the right dosage. Be sure to check in and let us know you first few days go

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, Mega. It is actually. But your GP knows best I guess.. Just be careful and monitor your state and side effects (if they occur) very seriously. Good luck and hope you'll lose as much as you need.;)

M

Mega75

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2014
Thanks, I am feeling pretty good at the moment. After 2 days ive lost 2.7kg which is a bit of a shock! It would be mostly water and stomach contents but im feeling really motivated and energetic. The only side effect ive had is the insomnia but im hoping that will go away soon!

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
I'm very very happy for you, Mega! Hope your insomnia will disappear!:)

S

Scorpio14

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2014
Well done Mega!I suggest u start taking the pill earlier as 5am so that you are able to sleep.I do 30min exercise daily so that I can use the energy that I have on daily basis.Try not to take the pill after 7am if u do get up early u can always drink it and then go back to sleep.Keep strong and don't quit.u will be fine soon and don't forget to drink lots and lots of water.Keep us posted on how things are going...

CuppieTea

CuppieTea

Standard Member
Apr 20, 2014
Brisbane North
Hey There,

Glad I found a forum that I can chat to other users..

So I am on day 5 today of 30mg Duromine..

My start weight was 84.2 and I'm 5'3...

I am now currently weighing in at 82.2kgs..
Pretty happy so far..

The first day I took it I was really energetic and motivated to loose weight, I was busy round the house and got quite a few things done... Now I feel really tired but just can't seem to get my brainto switch off..

My appetite is minimal, but been drinking soooo much water!

Is there an average amount of weight people loose during the first week?
How long until you really saw results?

;)

Scribbles

Scribbles

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2013
Queensland Australia
Everyone is different. I lost 2.5 kg the first week. Someone else here lost something like 4.5 kg and someone else just over 1. So we're all different I expect. I've been going for nearly 6 weeks and am going strong.

Reactions: CuppieTea
Crazyme

Crazyme

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Welcome Cuppie:)

You are doing very well so far. You should eat small meals even if you do not feel like it, and drinking plenty of water is great. Try taking your Duromine early in the morning - I take mine around 8am with breakfast - this will help you sleep better. If you take it too late you may have trouble sleeping. Please do keep us up to date on your progress, and GOOD LUCK!

Lara

Lara

Standard Member
Aug 6, 2014
Just taken my first duromine 15 mg, I really hope I can take these tablets and that it doesn't affect my my sleep or trigger my anxiety and depression. I'm so desperate I Have 30 kgs to loose. Any tips or advice welcome.

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, Lara. Welcome and good luck!
Just make sure you take the pill early in the morning, and hopefully you won't get sleep problems. And make your day totally busy (work, house cleaning, etc.) to get tired till evening. Still, make yourself 4-5 small meals to give your body the fuel it needs, otherwise side effects appear. Once again - good luck dear!

FiFiFish

FiFiFish

Standard Member
Sep 4, 2014
QLD
I never even knew this site existed, but I'm so happy I've found it!!!!
So, a bit about me.
12 months ago, I was 40 and FAT!!! at 157cms and 102kgs (53% body fat) and a size 24 top and 16 bottom.
High blood pressure, high cholesterol, insulin dependent diabetic, stomach ulcers, bile reflux, depression and a fibroid growing at an unnaturally fast pace.
I was taking 5 high dose shots per day (and still with readings above 15), and 21 prescribed medications - per day!!! I had a constantly bruised stomach and should really have rattled!
I was miserable & mean and had a huge chip on my shoulder, thinking everyone was judging me because of my weight!

Feb 2013, I started changing how & what I ate and going to the gym... and was super embarrassed when I would walk out, almost dead, after less than 1/2 an hour! After the first couple months, I had lost a couple kgs, but it was all so hard and so depressing. I felt like an idiot at the gym and just wanted to go back home and feed my face.
Then my Doctor (same one since I was 18) suggested I tried Duromine, so I started on 15mg and haven't looked back!!! I've done 3 months on 15mg & 3 months on 30mg, with a 2 week break between each month and have started on 40mg this month.

So far, I have lost 24kgs, no longer suffer from a single medical condition (I am now very healthy, just over weight), I am no longer classed as diabetic and all my blood sugar readings (which I take randomly) fall within the lower side of normal range. My outlook on life has changed and I am the happy person I used to be before my marriage breakdown and I got sick and my life spiralled out of control!
At 78kgs (37.5% body fat), I am now wearing size 16-18tops and size 12 bottoms (thought my new bike pants are a size 10 - bloody apple shape!!!) and only 3kgs away from my lowest body weight in 17 years!
My kids think I am amazing and that I have changed so much... emotionally & mentally even more so than physically.

My goal weight is approx. 60-65kgs (since I have such a small frame) and while I am getting there, I still feel like I have so far to go! I am hoping that Duromine will help to get me down to goal, but have check ups with my Doctor weekly now to assess continuing on the 40mg as my weight continues to go down, or if I need to drop to a lower dosage as my weight gets lower. Luckily, I have very minimal side effects at all, apart from functioning perfectly on 4-5 hours sleep per night, (but I've never been someone who needs much sleep anyway) and having heaps of energy - most of the time.

I really wish I had found this site sooner in my journey, but now that I have, I look forward to reading up as much as I can.

So, for now, I better get back to work.

Last edited:
christine V

christine V

Standard Member
Aug 30, 2014
Wow well done!! What an inspiring story. My doctor recently reduced my dose from 30mg to 15mg as I was copping all the side effects. However I'm scared the 15mg wont work as well as the 30mg. Did you lose weight on the 15mg? Did you notice a huge difference when you went up to 30/40mg re; appetite control etc etc

FiFiFish

FiFiFish

Standard Member
Sep 4, 2014
QLD
Hi Christine
When I first started on the 15mg, I did have some side effects, but it didn't take long for them to settle. I didn't notice the appetite control as much and think I was only successful because I was trying really hard to be good and lose the weight. On the 15mg, I was never truly hungry at any point, but found I would just snack on bits and pieces all the time and it was really hard to keep track of my calories. The best thing I did on the second month of 15mg was cut out all sugar completely during that month, then when I had my 2 wk break, I had hardly any and when I was on my 3rd month of 15mg, the eating got much easier. I think I was also got over the "habit" of eating by that time too.
30mg was definitely much better, but when I first started, I would take the tablet before going to sleep (approx. 11-11.30pm) each night. I was waking a little earlier each morning, but nothing too noticeable. I found that better as I found the side affects didn't kick in until quite a few hours after taking them.
On the 40mg 4 days now (taking them when I wake at 5.30am) and the appetite control was noticeable immediately. I am still going to sleep at the usual time, but do notice increased energy in the evenings.
Regarding eating now... I've opted not to work out too much this month as I have so much happening and won't get the chance, so I am not too worried about a low appetite.
Each day I am having 3 pieces fruit and 4 small meals. I haven't had a chance to work out the calories for the past couple days, but will look at that over the weekend and see where I'm at.

christine V

christine V

Standard Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thanks so much for replying. Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. Don't forget to keep us updated xx

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Thank you FiFiFish for your story. It is great to see some people achieve their goals, and you also became healthy! That's amazing! I wish you all the best and no side effects! :)

shellyisme

shellyisme

Premium Member
Jun 29, 2014
NSW Coast
Hi FiFiFish wow amazing story and fantastic weight loss congratulations :) ... I am on the 15 mg and have been for 10 weeks now I have lost 14.5kgs I'm very happy about that... :):);) I still have another 25.5 kg to go to get to my first goal weight :) I too should be r 60 -65 kg however I will be happy with 70 kg lol ..... It's great to read your story and see how far you have come...it's inspiring & gives me hope that I will make it too ..have a great week :)

Reactions: christine V
FiFiFish

FiFiFish

Standard Member
Sep 4, 2014
QLD
Wow shellisme, 14.5kgs in 10 wks is great!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

My main goal is to encourage and inspire others that it really can be done, with dedication.
There is so much bad talk about regarding duromine and so many people scoff if the find out you are taking it, but at the end of the day, it is really an individual choice and what is right for you.

Having been overweight all my life, I still struggle at times believing that I can ever be anything but overweight. The closer I get to my goals, the more I seem to sabotage myself and start doubting myself. Taking the duromine though, does help me to keep on track. In the past, knowing that it is working and that when life gets in the way of all my good intentions and plans of going to the gym etc, that I can keep going with my weight loss without "falling off the wagon" makes it a lot easier to feel good about things and to just get back to the gym when time permits.

I think I am at a point now, where the duromine is doing little to help me, having not budged in weight for almost a week. I'm considering a break for another week or two (perhaps) if I don't see any loss at my weigh in next Monday.
Might be that I need to really mix things up again.

D__emi

D__emi

Standard Member
Sep 21, 2014
Hi everyone,
On Monday September 22 I started my journey to lose weight dependant on a synthetic drug called duromine.
Although weight had been an issue my entire life due to PCOS I always had a handle on it via exercise and ketosis.
Unfortunately this is not a sustainable diet and being a single parent as well as a carer for my elderly parents and working full time in Education management...I could no longer do this.
So this is day two of my journey.
I am on 15 mg
I weigh 85 kg
and I would like to return to my 70 kg or 65
At the moment 70 feels real.
I visited my doctor today and she said I may even gain weight or not in the first 2 weeks depending on how my body deals with it.
I have headaches.
I am not hungry for dinner but I have picked during the day on vegetables, juiced some too, fruit and almonds.
I hope I lose weight as my body has not budged all year.
I am very uncomfortable in all my clothes !
I refuse to buy new clothes as I want to wear all the nice stuff I had.
Wish me luck on my journey.
I am very inspired, motivated and driven as a result of reading all your stories so thank you for that !
Definitely not alone in this.
Demi ! :-D

Reactions: dimple77
D__emi

D__emi

Standard Member
Sep 21, 2014
Today is day 2 .
Although I ate very well today I also did not feel like anything waa supressing my appetite. My doctor recommended I increase to 30 mg.
As I always have low blood pressure she thought I would be a good candidate. I asked her why she was quick to say I would put on before I lost the weight and mentioned the 3 kg avge I had been reading about and she said that was a myth...so I am confused...
Anyway those headaches are persisting but I have to say I am disappointed as I still pick on food throughout the day.
Apparently I am meant to wait till it kicks in. Who else had a " meh" experience ?