Hi all!

Another newbie here :) I took my first Duromine 30mg this morning and so far so good.

A little about me, I turned 30 late last year and weighed in this morning at 87.1kg...I think this is the heaviest I have ever weighed. I have been with my wonderful partner for 18 months now and over that time we have both piled on a bit of weight, of course he can lose it a lot easier than me and can be very diligent about food and exercise when he wants too. I struggle with not having a very good routine, he does shift work, can't eat tomatoes, likes to eat late etc so I think it has come to the point where I just have to do what is best for me and if that means I leave him a plate of food in the fridge then so be it...I think he'll be quite happy with that as he knows I like to eat early so I'm not going to bed with a full tummy.

I have noticed my weight gain has affected my confidence in my every day life and also my sex life, I hate clothes shopping and when I find the odd piece that I like I buy it in every colour haha I literally have the same top in 5 different colours and I rotate them for work each week. I have so many wonderful 'skinny' friends who have either been blessed with naturally slim bodies or have put in the hard yards to get there but my motivation levels have been zero! My partner keeps commenting that I am always tired and lethargic and need to exercise so I really want to get back into yoga as I did it years ago and loved it.

I have the script for Duromine written up last October and only just now have decided I'm in the right frame of mind to start taking it :) the ladies at the chemist yesterday were very encouraging and helpful and I have let my partner and the works girls know I'm taking it...just in case.

This morning I've had very little appetite, I got hungry at my normal breakfast time but that disappeared pretty quickly so I bought a mango smoothie whereas normally I'd have 2 slices of fruit toast and an ice coffee. My mouth feels a little gluey and I feel like I have the shakes a little but I'll see how I go over the next week.

Wishing all of you the best of luck on YOUR journey!

Hi Phippsy,
Congratulations on making the decision to take duromine:) Don't worry about the annoying side effects. Try your best to keep a journal about your moods and the side effects you may experience. Having a journal helped me understand my moods. I can't wait to hear more about your weight loss journey.
good luck xo

Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Goodluck :) I've been on duro for 3 days now and down 1kg already! Hope this is a little motivation. Just remember to eat even if it's 1 dry biscuit every few hours :)

Thanks everyone! Well I've now completed week 1...and am 2.5kg down...I think. My scales don't seem to be the most reliable things and give me a different reading depending where I put them haha so I might look into getting weighed at a chemist once a week.

I'm definitely eating less, but compared to day 1 my appetite doesn't seem to be as supressed. I guess my body probably took a few days to get use to Duromine and now I get a few hunger pains at breakfast, lunch and dinner time but don't need to eat much for them to disappear. I made up a big batch of vege soup on the long weekend which goes down fine, but had spag bog the other night and my stomach didn't like that at all. I'm having 2 weetbix with hilo milk for breakfast each morning which fill me up fine.

Side effect wise I still have the dry mouth and have been getting headaches the last few days...am trying my best to drink 2lt of water while I'm at work. Sleep wise I'm getting around 6 solid hours a night.

How is everyone else going?!?!

So I just looked at my Duromine box and it says Duromine Phentermine with the ingredient being Phentermine 30mg.

What exactly have I got and is there a difference?

Phippsy, there's no difference. Duromine just has some complex added, to prolong the effect of pills. That's all.

Hi All my name is Alli and I have just started Duromine (30) today. I am 38 yrs old, have two kids aged 11yrs and 3yrs both girls :) I have been trying to lose weight over the last 3 years and as yet I have had no luck. I am 5.2" and I weight 82kgs my goal weight is 58 as I dont want to be too thin just healthy. My BMI is 33.1.
I took my first tablet this morning at 6.30am and I must admitt I dont feel any different apart from having a dry mouth. Is this normal? Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi and I am looking forward to reading about all our journeys :)

Hello, newbie! Welcome to the family:)
You look very attractive and I hope you will manage to achieve your goals!
Good luck and feel free to ask for some tips.

Thank you Kate, I must admitt I am a tad nervous in regards to some of the symptoms listed that one may experience but Im sure I will be fine. Have started to feel a bit sluggish this afternoon but it is only my first day, so things may improve :) I haven't felt hungry all day but I have made myself eat and smaller portions too. Ive drank so much water today too as my mouth is really dry and has a funny taste. I start at the gym tomorrow and Im going to go walking every morning and evening. If this works for me I will be buying my first swimsuit in 11yrs (come summer time) and will no longer be that mum who sits on the sidelines because shes so insecure about her body :)

Hi there I am new too. On my third day. Going really well and have very few side effects apart from restless sleep and dry mouth. Can't believe how easy it is to eat small meals and have already lost 2 kgs. I am sure it is water weight but it is inspiring and just feel lighter. Good luck to all and I hope we all get to where we want to go! Monika

Onmyway said:
Hi there I am new too. On my third day. Going really well and have very few side effects apart from restless sleep and dry mouth. Can't believe how easy it is to eat small meals and have already lost 2 kgs. I am sure it is water weight but it is inspiring and just feel lighter. Good luck to all and I hope we all get to where we want to go! Monika
Hi, I am glad to see new people here get positive and dynamic results!
Yes, I agree that at first it all water that comes out, making you lighter. But, it is a normal process.
Indeed, I have been experiencing myself an incredible lightness in the body, while being using the pills and the whole diet complex. But the further you go, the more weight comes off (well if you do everything in a proper way and if your body isn't stubborn:))
ps: I wish you, Monika to get your desired numbers and no side effects!

Reactions: Onmyway
Hi Hun :) welcome! It is normal to experience a dry mouth remember to drink 2-1/2 litres of water a day (or 8 cups) I have to remind myself often :-/ also u will experience side effects but this place is awesome so always come on and have a read that's how I get throught :) weightloss is a very hard thing if you are doing it alone and I wish you all the best!!! Stay positive :)

Reactions: Onmyway
Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I am still trying to navigate my way through the various blogs etc. :)

Reactions: Mum86
I have just started on Duromine today and I am hoping for good results. I am a 47 year old female and currently weigh 101kg and am 5ft 6". Still very active for my size, just not happy being so big. It isn't until you see a photo of yourself that you realise your weight is out of control. My goal is 80kg, obviously wont achieve it whilst on Duromine, but I am hoping this gets the ball rolling. First day feeling no side effects, hope this stays this way the entire course. Loved reading all the posts as it's nice to have some idea what to expect. Looking forward to seeing results in the coming weeks.

Reactions: mmnisi
Welcome dear! :)
I'm Kate and I will do my best to help you along your weight loss journey if you don't mind!
101 - > 80 is quite achievable goal, so if you are patient, you can do it. I am not agree that you can't get there with Duromine only - you can! BUT. Let me tell you that you gonna have to add some more physical activity and eat healthy - these are the main conditions for successful weight loss, believe me.

Stay positive no matter what and listen to your body - it will tell you how to do it right!
Good luck!

Kate said:
Welcome dear! :)
I'm Kate and I will do my best to help you along your weight loss journey if you don't mind!
101 - > 80 is quite achievable goal, so if you are patient, you can do it. I am not agree that you can't get there with Duromine only - you can! BUT. Let me tell you that you gonna have to add some more physical activity and eat healthy - these are the main conditions for successful weight loss, believe me.

Stay positive no matter what and listen to your body - it will tell you how to do it right!
Good luck!

Thanks Kate for the lovely welcome and I would love your help and advice along the way.