• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Welcome, ladies!
Shell, actually, no exact numbers exist since you're no machine, but human. Therefore your body loses as much as it thinks best. There's nothing we can do about it But personally from my experience I can say 1 kg loss per week (regularly) is awesome! Given that you have not so much to lose (comparing to extreme obese) I'd say you can easily get this loss if you follow healthy diet and EXERCISE. Remember: you can even have 3 kg loss at first week, all this is water that comes out. After that your body may have some break" but you shouldn't worry.

SA Girl, to make this weight loss pleasant - make up different meals every day. Small but healthy meals, go google or look through our forum topics, you will find some good recipes. When I say - exercise, I ain't joking, because even the easiest exercise or daily physical activity brings more energy and makes you feel good. You can drink water, or home-made sugar-free lemonade, ice tea, etc if you aren't water lover. Make a diary, note there your achievements, or even here on the forum you can create blog. Make yourself rewards every time you get to another point of your weight loss. Like, buy some outfits, or even foods that you don't eat regularly, but love so much (a small one because you don't want to start all over again LOL)
Good luck guys!

Yeh setting mini goals help. Then when you reach them you feel so good and start to think well if I can reach that goal. I can do my next goal.

Keep up the good work I say. :) and good luck

Reactions: Kate and Smashed1
Hi I'm 45 and in the mids of menopause. I had a hysterectomy at 31 but still have my overies. I have gained 15kg in the last 2 months and now weight 76kg. I am battling with the sleepless night, hot flushes etc due to the menopause. I'm a shocking junk food eater and do not exercise. I am very OCD with cleaning and gardening. I'm also a smoker
I had a meltdown last weekend as I went to put on some pants and could not get them past my thighs.
So something snapped inside and made me realise that I have to take control of the situation. I went and saw my gp who wanted to put me on HRT. Again the hormonal tears started and I explained that I do not want keep gaining weight as this can also be part of the side effects. We spoke about my goals and he prescribed 30mg duromine for 30days.
I bought these yesterday and have taken my first tablet this morning at 8am. (Will be 6am from tomorrow).
I will be heading out to the supermarket today and cleaning out my pantry.
I will keep you posted on my progress but would love to hear all journeys.

Hi There Mummamooshka,
Hope you don't mind me writing to you, I'm new on here just joined up and you were the first I read.I'm a bit like you with the menopause rearing it's ugly head, I'm on patches and find they help a bit. I also had to have a hysterectomy but in my 20's and I also had a big melt down trying on clothes the other day, trying to find something to wear that would look ok without the rolls hanging out.
Went for a check up yesterday with the doc and while there had a big whinge and a tear up about my weight again, so sick of the yoyo up and down with the weight, anyway told him I was on Duromine years ago and lost weight really well on it, after a chat about it he gave me a script for it, only the 15g for 2 months to start off with, (was on higher dose years ago), anyway I'll give it my best and see what happens, will get the script on Thursday and start yet another journey on weight loss wagon on Friday morning.
Hope to hear more about your journey on here as you go.
When I start I'll be on here writing away to whoever wants to listen about my progress, until then I'll be just reading everyone's stories.
Best of luck on your journey.
Cheers Sallie :)

Sallie alexander said:
Hi There Mummamooshka,
Hope you don't mind me writing to you, I'm new on here just joined up and you were the first I read.I'm a bit like you with the menopause rearing it's ugly head, I'm on patches and find they help a bit. I also had to have a hysterectomy but in my 20's and I also had a big melt down trying on clothes the other day, trying to find something to wear that would look ok without the rolls hanging out.
Went for a check up yesterday with the doc and while there had a big whinge and a tear up about my weight again, so sick of the yoyo up and down with the weight, anyway told him I was on Duromine years ago and lost weight really well on it, after a chat about it he gave me a script for it, only the 15g for 2 months to start off with, (was on higher dose years ago), anyway I'll give it my best and see what happens, will get the script on Thursday and start yet another journey on weight loss wagon on Friday morning.
Hope to hear more about your journey on here as you go.
When I start I'll be on here writing away to whoever wants to listen about my progress, until then I'll be just reading everyone's stories.
Best of luck on your journey.

Hi Sallie thanks for writing. Im so glad to hear that someone else knows what its like with the whole menopause thing. Well I started yesterday. I had no side effects apart from the dry mouth, but for every glass of water I had during the day, I was straight in the loo peeing it out!!. I had some sleep but had really bad night sweats.
I woke up at 6am this morning, popped a pill and proceeded to make my breakfast and lunch for the day at work.
Im still new to the whole planning out the meal etc so this is what I have for the day.
Breakfast
2 x weetbix
1 x greek yogurt
Mid morning
cut up carrots & cucumber
Lunch
Salad with left over bbq steak
banana & apple
Afternoon snack
almonds and strawberries
Dinner
I haven't thought that far yet:)
Have a great day and looking forward to hearing your journey. :):):):):)

Sooo I am back again, I stopped the Duromine just after July in 2012. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and it was all downhill from there.

I know that a lot of people say as soon as you stop you pick up double and that hasn't been very true for me. I am weighing what I weighed when I last started Duromine almost 2 years ago!! I am back on the tabs and am exercising 4 times a week soo will see how it goes from now on. My cm's have also gone back to more or less what they were but taking the time into account at least it hasn't doubled :laughing:

Good luck to everyone.

Hi kyra I started yesterday for the first time. I had the fuzzy head feeling yesterday and thirsty like I have never experienced but I drank so much water that I was in the loo all day. I didn't sleep really well as I woke up like I was sitting in the sun but I put that down to menopause.
Today I ate healthy but could not stop the thirst, again back in the loo all day at work. I just jumped on the scales (don't ask me why lol) and I'm down 2kg!!! Now I'm putting it down to all the water I have been drinking.
I haven't had any side effects apart from the sweats, thirst and not much sleep.
I would love to keep chatting and hearing about your progress.

Sallie Alexander said:,
Oh my god, I just finished a long letter to you and was just about to send it, and it disappeared grrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad: not happy,
Well I'll just have to write it all again tomorrow. Anyway I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight Mummamooshka. Take care.
))) Keep calm, just use notepad on your PC. Copy+Paste and nothing will be lost;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sallie alexander
letter wasn't lost silly me :rolleyes:, after I turned the laptop off I remembered I had a draft in doc's lol ,must of been more tired then I thought :)

That would be frustrating.
Well yesterday being day 2 was interesting. I cannot tell you how much water I drank cause im sure it was litres and litres. I just could not quench my thirst. I did do many many trips to the loo though. :p:p:p:p
By the late afternoon I started to get really really tired. I got home from work at 5.30pm and noticed I was getting a headache. Well that turned into a full blown migraine that I have never experienced before. Nausea, sweating. :eek::eek::eek::eek:I went to bed at 8pm and tried to sleep it off. I woke up at 11pm and basically that was it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I still got up at 6am this morning and did the usual routine. So far so good.
I know its only Day 3 and I hope the side effect will start to ease. I am going to hire a treadmill and exercise bike today which I am excited about.
Have a great day and hope to chat soon.

Glad to see I must be doing something right lost 3 km this week hoping to keep it going. Good luck sa girl

Reactions: Kate
shellz said:
Glad to see I must be doing something right lost 3 km this week hoping to keep it going. Good luck sa girl
Glad to see you are a strong will person;)

mummamooshka said:
Hi kyra I started yesterday for the first time. I had the fuzzy head feeling yesterday and thirsty like I have never experienced but I drank so much water that I was in the loo all day. I didn't sleep really well as I woke up like I was sitting in the sun but I put that down to menopause.
Today I ate healthy but could not stop the thirst, again back in the loo all day at work. I just jumped on the scales (don't ask me why lol) and I'm down 2kg!!! Now I'm putting it down to all the water I have been drinking.
I haven't had any side effects apart from the sweats, thirst and not much sleep.
I would love to keep chatting and hearing about your progress.

hi its my first day, I don't seem to have any side effects apart from dry mouth and a slight headache, I am still tired like I could fall asleep right now, but hopefully it stays that way lol, how is your progress going? I don't have any scales to weigh my self, so im doing it by photos and appearance which sucks, anyway id love to chat and exchanges progress with other people just to see how different everyone reacts,
im 19yrs old female, weighing roughly 90kgs, go weight 70-75, would love to be round 60 but I cant see that happening anytime soon.
anyway happy weight love.

Hi Ashlee today is day 4 for me. I still have the dry mouth and drinking lots and lots of water. I had the worst headache on Monday that I went to bed at 8pm and thought I had slept all night but turned out I woke up at 11pm and that was it. Tossed and turned all night.
I have had no side effects at all. I'm making a real effort to make my breakfast and lunch for work. I did have one day where even thought I ate every 2hrs, I found that I was really hungry.
I'm on 30mg and and need to loose 15kg. I will be happy with 10kg. I'm going to continue for the 30 days just to be able to train myself to make the change of eating. I also think that once I can get a treadmill and exercise bike at home (as I don't have 5mins to spars to get to a gym) I will probably start feeling better.
Keep me posted on your progress.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the replies!

Ash, don't get too despondent, my sister also didnt feel any side-effects for the first few days when she started and by the end of the week it started kicking in. Everyone is different, looking back at my previous posts I didnt lose a ton of weight to begin with so it really isnt a quick fix but it DOES work. I think taking pics is a cool way to see progress but i can understand why not weighing yourself might suck, why dont you take your measurements? That was the biggest motivation for me. At one stage the scale didnt even budge 500 grams and my measurements kept me going :)

Mummam, well done on sticking to the healthy eating!! Try to eat 5 small meals even if you just snack on a few provitas in between meals because it sucks when your body goes into starvation mode. Exercise rocks and even plain old cleaning burns calories whoohooo

I havent weighed myself yet and i am going to try hold out for as long as possible. Have found a cool way to get some cardio in. Have been playing this dance thing on my xbox and it rocks lol! Week has had its challenges though and is taking a while for the healthy eating mind set to fully kick in. Trying to remind myself that its not about what I want right now but what I want long-term. "Nothings tastes as good as skinny feels" is going to become my new mantra.

Last edited:
Hi There, just wondering how you are going, hope all is good with you.
So how's the hot flushes going? Did you get the bike & treadmill ?
Be nice to hear form you, take care.
Happy Slimming :laughing: chat soon.

Hi well I'm back now. It's day 12 today and I feel great. Not one side effect apart from dry mouth. I still haven't exercised cause my life at the moment is in a whirlwind. I work full time, my daughter has been diagnosed with a life threatening medical condition that could potentially see her have a lung transplant. I'm blessed cause she has the most positive outlook on life which is an inspiration. She wants me to keep going as she knows how happy I have been. I have taken a leaf out if her book and will continue.
As I said today is day 12 and I have lost 4.5kg. I have continued eating healthy and making sure that I rest my mind and body. In this situation I would comfort eating to hide the stress.

Hi I'm great. Day 12 and I'm 4.5kg lighter. Have had dry mouth. Well the hot flushes are still happening but I'm going to see a gyro to sort it out. Have had a major family crisis with my daughter who may potentially have to have a lung transplant but all is positive and will remain positive.
How are you going on your journey

Reactions: Sallie alexander