Great reading your progresses. I just started took my first at 12. I'm 172cm and 95.5kgs. This ist first time on duromine. I am chocoholic and find it very hard to give I up. Also on 1500 cal lite and easy. I have lost 23kgs over last two years but have plateau struggled the last 4-6months to move any weight

Bethybabe said:
Great reading your progresses. I just started took my first at 12. I'm 172cm and 95.5kgs. This ist first time on duromine. I am chocoholic and find it very hard to give I up. Also on 1500 cal lite and easy. I have lost 23kgs over last two years but have plateau struggled the last 4-6months to move any weight
If you can not give up on the chocolate try the 70 to 80% cocoa ones. It is very strong so you really only eat one block and the craving is satisfied! And the dark ones, they are a lot healthier than the other ones;)

Tania J said:
If you can not give up on the chocolate try the 70 to 80% cocoa ones. It is very strong so you really only eat one block and the craving is satisfied! And the dark ones, they are a lot healthier than the other ones;)
Thank you for replying and for the great tip :)

Hi gals, Im new here. Enjoying reading all your little snippets. I start tomorrow morning, and I was pretty hesitant, but after reading so many positive (and sensible!) comments, Im looking forward to kick starting my weight loss journey. I had heard the water thing from a friend, so to encourage myself to drink more, I invested in a pretty bkr water bottle... Every little bit helps, right?!! :p Looking forward to reading more x

Last edited:
AliMcBealEatAMeal said:
Hi gals, Im new here. Enjoying reading all your little snippets. I start tomorrow morning, and I was pretty hesitant, but after reading so many positive (and sensible!) comments, Im looking forward to kick starting my weight loss journey. I had heard the water thing from a friend, so to encourage myself to drink more, I invested in a pretty bkr water bottle... Every little bit helps, right?!! :p Looking forward to reading more x
Hey Ali
I found I was very thirsty yesterday even to a headache point I think drinking a lot of water everyday is key. I've lost 0.8kg overnight. Day 2 today
Wish you all the best and keep posting
Beth

Bethybabe said:
Hey Ali
I found I was very thirsty yesterday even to a headache point I think drinking a lot of water everyday is key. I've lost 0.8kg overnight. Day 2 today
Wish you all the best and keep posting
Beth

Thanks Beth :)
I'd be happy to lose 0.8kg in a week! Overnight is bloody terrific! :laughing: Well done
Ali x

Reactions: X_sweetpeanz
Hi all. Ive just started today (30mg) and Im a bit disappointed I don't fit into my too-tight skinny jeans already... Just kidding!! ;)

After being diagnosed with an under-active thyroid, I tried for over 12 months to shift weight, with little to no success, and ALWAYS a gain after any little loss. I am pretty active (chasing a toddler all day and 3 hours of tennis a few days a week) and have tried every variation of eating on the planet! My Doctor suggested duromine and I was quite hesitant after reading some stories, but after coming across this forum, I armed myself with all the info, and made a plan between my Dr and a dietician, so I feel much better about my goals. Im not looking for a quick fix, just some motivation.

Current stats:
Height: 173cm
Weight: 94kg
Aiming for: 75kg with diet and exercise plan in place

Im curious if anyone measures themselves as well as weighing in? I found this has given me a more accurate result in the past. Have your results been reflected in measurements if doing so?

Looking forward to reading more of your success stories!
Ali x

AliMcBealEatAMeal said:
Hi all. Ive just started today (30mg) and Im a bit disappointed I don't fit into my too-tight skinny jeans already... Just kidding!! ;)

After being diagnosed with an under-active thyroid, I tried for over 12 months to shift weight, with little to no success, and ALWAYS a gain after any little loss. I am pretty active (chasing a toddler all day and 3 hours of tennis a few days a week) and have tried every variation of eating on the planet! My Doctor suggested duromine and I was quite hesitant after reading some stories, but after coming across this forum, I armed myself with all the info, and made a plan between my Dr and a dietician, so I feel much better about my goals. Im not looking for a quick fix, just some motivation.

Current stats:
Height: 173cm
Weight: 94kg
Aiming for: 75kg with diet and exercise plan in place

Im curious if anyone measures themselves as well as weighing in? I found this has given me a more accurate result in the past. Have your results been reflected in measurements if doing so?

Looking forward to reading more of your success stories!
Ali x

Hey Ali!

Firstly just want to say good choice deciding to go on duromine it's absolutely amazing and you notice changes in such a short time... I'm loosing weight every single day!

Just have to get through the first three days of side effects then it's just the thirsty issue from then on!

I have decided this time (as its my second time doing duromine) to measure myself and have booked in for 8 weeks to see a doctor each week for a weigh in so I don't relapse into my old habits!

I'm interested to see how the measurements go as wel as the weight.

How are you feeling today after the first pill?

Josie x

Last edited by a moderator:
Josephine said:
Hey Ali!

Firstly just want to say good choice deciding to go on duromine it's absolutely amazing and you notice changes in such a short time... I'm loosing weight every single day!

Just have to get through the first three days of side effects then it's just the thirsty issue from then on!

I have decided this time (as its my second time doing duromine) to measure myself and have booked in for 8 weeks to see a doctor each week for a weigh in so I don't relapse into my old habits!

I'm interested to see how the measurements go as wel as the weight.

How are you feeling today after the first pill?

Josie x

Thanks gorge! It was a hard decision, but I think its a step in the right direction. Theres only so long you can calorie count and exercise without seeing results before you just totally give up, ya know?! So this is absolutely a last resort for me, but feeling good about it.

I think the dr at 8 weeks is an excellent idea. It will help make you accountable to someone, which I think is really important. I think the measuring will be good too, but I haven't noticed anyone mention it, thats why I was wondering.

I don't really feel much today at all after having the first pill. Knowing my luck the energy will hit me right around bedtime, because so far I still feel quite sluggish and don't have the extra energy people have raved about! That could be down to my disgusting excuse of a thyroid though, so Ill give it time. Ive read all these comments like 'I started today and now have so much energy I scrubbed the house top to bottom!' and 'I just vacuumed for 2 hours!' Im actually feeling like a nap, so hoping some of that will come my way soon :)
x

Day five was a really good day. Still no side effects and sleeping like a baby. Starting to think that it's not even working??
I have only been number two once in the last 5 days, so hoping that happens again today.
Here's my food for yesterday:
Breakfast: yoghurt tub and 50g muesli
Snack: muesli bar
Lunch: 100g chicken and lettuce salad
Snack: green apple
Dinner: pork chop, mashed kumara and potato and veges.
I had two cups of coffee and one cup of tea during the day.
Today is day 6. I can't wait to weigh in on Saturday morning

Day five was a really good day. Still no side effects and sleeping like a baby. Starting to think that it's not even working??
I have only been number two once in the last 5 days, so hoping that happens again today.
Here's my food for yesterday:
Breakfast: yoghurt tub and 50g muesli
Snack: muesli bar
Lunch: 100g chicken and lettuce salad
Snack: green apple
Dinner: pork chop, mashed kumara and potato and veges.
I had two cups of coffee and one cup of tea during the day.
Today is day 6. I can't wait to weigh in on Saturday morning

Reactions: Visivixen88
Morning all,

So glad I cam across this website, good to know other in my situation and can turn to this for support, advice etc.
My Stats and story
Tracy
weight 105kg ( heaviest I have been even when pregnant )

I saw my doctor to assist with weight management as I can't seem to stop gaining weight.
I have 2 kids and want to be able to keep up with them and feel good about myself at the same time.
I need to be a positive roll model.

Took my 1st duromine tablet this morning. I am thirsty and have been making additional toilet trips!! has anyone else experienced this?

Hoping this journey is successful.
Have re joined the gym today and started tracking foods on my fitness pal.

Wish me luck!!

Hey Kayley, I've just started on Duromine, I'm on day 2. Thanks for keeping a detailed diary, I've started my own too, looks like it affects everyone differently. Looking forward to the results of your first weigh in! I have one suggestion which you're free to take or leave. I'd swap breakfast and dinner around. Have a bigger breakfast (should be your biggest meal) with protein like eggs, bacon, steak etc which will keep you fuller and give you more energy for longer. For dinner have a lite meal like fish and salad or chicken and veges (not sure how big your portion sizes are atm). Anyway that's what works for me, if you have family eating yummy stuff around you it can be hard though.

Welcome Tmaree:)

You will find a lot of support on here, so share anything good or bad. Just saw a link about "Toileting" so browse and read up on the older posts. You will find a lot of useful information and motivation as well.
Seems additional toilet trips are quite normal though, so do not worry, it will pass in a few days.
Best advise I can give you is to start slow. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water and be sure to eat small meals even if you do not feel like it. Your body will take time to get used to the Duromine but after 2 weeks all the side effects should disappear.
GOOD LUCK and happy losing!:p

Reactions: Tmaree
Yesterday and today we're day 6 and 7.
Am feeling no side effects at all.
Day six:
Breakfast- muesli and yoghurt
Lunch- fish, rice and veges
Dinner- 2x multigrain toast with cottage cheese, poached egg and sliced tomato
Snacks: muesli bar and Apple

Day seven:
Breakfast: 2x toast with marmite
Lunch: 2x multigrain toast with sliced tomato and scrambled egg
Dinner: 100gm chicken breast, 1 cup mixed vege

Excited for weigh in tomorrow

Reactions: X_sweetpeanz
Visivixen88 said:
Hey Kayley, I've just started on Duromine, I'm on day 2. Thanks for keeping a detailed diary, I've started my own too, looks like it affects everyone differently. Looking forward to the results of your first weigh in! I have one suggestion which you're free to take or leave. I'd swap breakfast and dinner around. Have a bigger breakfast (should be your biggest meal) with protein like eggs, bacon, steak etc which will keep you fuller and give you more energy for longer. For dinner have a lite meal like fish and salad or chicken and veges (not sure how big your portion sizes are atm). Anyway that's what works for me, if you have family eating yummy stuff around you it can be hard though.
Hi there, glad to hear you are keeping a diary too :) how are you feeling? Day 2-4 were my bad days, after that everything went back to normal. I have to leave the house very early in the morning so really struggle with having the time to make a bigger breakfast unfortunately :(

Kayley said:
Hi there, glad to hear you are keeping a diary too :) how are you feeling? Day 2-4 were my bad days, after that everything went back to normal. I have to leave the house very early in the morning so really struggle with having the time to make a bigger breakfast unfortunately :(

Yeah struggle town today. I only got 5hrs sleep then worked 11hrs, my body is exhausted, I can feel it but I still have a bit of energy lol. Hope I sleep well tonight! If you bake some egg cups (think omelette in muffin tins) then heat one up in the morning and add some fresh tomato and avocado you'd have an awesome protien packed brekky in record time. I bake in Sundays so my food and snacks are prepped for the week :)

Hey Tracy

Yep you will be super thirsty for about a week until it becomes normal. Just keep a water bottle on you always and it helps me if i have mints or gum with me too.

Let me know how you go!

Josie xx

Reactions: Tmaree
Kayley said:
Weigh in day!!!!
I lost 3.1 in my first week.
So excited :)

Stats now:
SW: 86.8kg
CW: 83.7kg
GW: 68kg

Ah thats so good!