Fingers Crossed!

AliMcBealEatAMeal

Standard Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi all. Ive just started today (30mg) and Im a bit disappointed I don't fit into my too-tight skinny jeans already... Just kidding!! ;)

After being diagnosed with an under-active thyroid, I tried for over 12 months to shift weight, with little to no success, and ALWAYS a gain after any little loss. I am pretty active (chasing a toddler all day and 3 hours of tennis a few days a week) and have tried every variation of eating on the planet! My Doctor suggested duromine and I was quite hesitant after reading some stories, but after coming across this forum, I armed myself with all the info, and made a plan between my Dr and a dietician, so I feel much better about my goals. Im not looking for a quick fix, just some motivation.

Current stats:
Height: 173cm
Weight: 94kg
Aiming for: 75kg with diet and exercise plan in place

Im curious if anyone measures themselves as well as weighing in? I found this has given me a more accurate result in the past. Have your results been reflected in measurements if doing so?

Looking forward to reading more of your success stories!
Ali x

Josephine

Standard Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi all. Ive just started today (30mg) and Im a bit disappointed I don't fit into my too-tight skinny jeans already... Just kidding!! ;)

After being diagnosed with an under-active thyroid, I tried for over 12 months to shift weight, with little to no success, and ALWAYS a gain after any little loss. I am pretty active (chasing a toddler all day and 3 hours of tennis a few days a week) and have tried every variation of eating on the planet! My Doctor suggested duromine and I was quite hesitant after reading some stories, but after coming across this forum, I armed myself with all the info, and made a plan between my Dr and a dietician, so I feel much better about my goals. Im not looking for a quick fix, just some motivation.

Current stats:
Height: 173cm
Weight: 94kg
Aiming for: 75kg with diet and exercise plan in place

Im curious if anyone measures themselves as well as weighing in? I found this has given me a more accurate result in the past. Have your results been reflected in measurements if doing so?

Looking forward to reading more of your success stories!
Ali x

Hey Ali!

Firstly just want to say good choice deciding to go on duromine it's absolutely amazing and you notice changes in such a short time... I'm loosing weight every single day!

Just have to get through the first three days of side effects then it's just the thirsty issue from then on!

I have decided this time (as its my second time doing duromine) to measure myself and have booked in for 8 weeks to see a doctor each week for a weigh in so I don't relapse into my old habits!

I'm interested to see how the measurements go as wel as the weight.

How are you feeling today after the first pill?

Josie x

Last edited by a moderator:

AliMcBealEatAMeal

Standard Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hey Ali!

Firstly just want to say good choice deciding to go on duromine it's absolutely amazing and you notice changes in such a short time... I'm loosing weight every single day!

Just have to get through the first three days of side effects then it's just the thirsty issue from then on!

I have decided this time (as its my second time doing duromine) to measure myself and have booked in for 8 weeks to see a doctor each week for a weigh in so I don't relapse into my old habits!

I'm interested to see how the measurements go as wel as the weight.

How are you feeling today after the first pill?

Josie x

Thanks gorge! It was a hard decision, but I think its a step in the right direction. Theres only so long you can calorie count and exercise without seeing results before you just totally give up, ya know?! So this is absolutely a last resort for me, but feeling good about it.

I think the dr at 8 weeks is an excellent idea. It will help make you accountable to someone, which I think is really important. I think the measuring will be good too, but I haven't noticed anyone mention it, thats why I was wondering.

I don't really feel much today at all after having the first pill. Knowing my luck the energy will hit me right around bedtime, because so far I still feel quite sluggish and don't have the extra energy people have raved about! That could be down to my disgusting excuse of a thyroid though, so Ill give it time. Ive read all these comments like 'I started today and now have so much energy I scrubbed the house top to bottom!' and 'I just vacuumed for 2 hours!' Im actually feeling like a nap, so hoping some of that will come my way soon :)
x