Excited :)

Pinkdaisies91

Standard Member
Mar 6, 2015
Australia
Hi :) I'm 23 and from Australia. I am 183cm tall and my heaviest weight was 143kgs. I have lost a bit, down to 118kg for a while but now at around 130kgs. I have a script for Duromine 30mgs that I am picking up this Wednesday, I'm so excited to finally shift this weight!! Any tips on how to remember to drink heaps of water? I constantly forget to drink and want to get into a habit. Also is water and lemon juice really even better than water on its own?

Joe Classy

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Adelaide
Some excitement, realistic goals & expectations and the right motivations are the keys to success.
I'm not so sure there are many tangible health benefits to lemon in water. But hey, if to you it adds some flavour then i'm sure there isn't anything bad about it - minor amount of fructose is about the worst case scenario.

Other techniques:
- Have a water bottle with divisions on it that are times of the day. Ie 1/4 of the bottle by 9am, 1/2 by 11 3/4 by 2pm and full by end of work day. As you drink more and more you can step the amount up aswell.
- Simply drink anytime you consume anytthing else, breakfast - drink water, tea and healthy snack in the morning - drink water....and so on
- track it on a chart
- buy soda stream and use it to make carbonated water cheaply (ie for a taste/flavour/texture change if you're someone that would get bored with the same thing over and over)
- have hot water instead of tea/coffee
- instead of vitamin tablets mix up a cocktail of them in water, keeping sure the calories don't blow out due to artificial flavoring etc.
im sure you could google a whole heap more, but hope that gives you some inspiration.

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, Pinkdaisies:)
I set the alarm to my phone every time I need smth to remember. You can mark everyday in your calendar - 'Drink water' and there you go. Like Joe said - bottle with divisions helps too. I work at the computer so I always have a cup of water in front of me. I don't even notice when I drink it all:laughing: For me, lemon and honey, sometimes fresh mint add little taste when I am bored of still water or when I simply cannot drink it anymore, especially at home))) I think nothing is wrong with adding some fruit to your drink. Good luck!

sammy b

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
1 of the side effects most people experience is a dry mouth, trust me that makes u drink gallons of water, so always hav a water bottle with u. N remember 2 eat, even tho duromine suppresses your appetite completely u needa eat a couple of healthy meals. Good luck on ur journey :)
Hi :) I'm 23 and from Australia. I am 183cm tall and my heaviest weight was 143kgs. I have lost a bit, down to 118kg for a while but now at around 130kgs. I have a script for Duromine 30mgs that I am picking up this Wednesday, I'm so excited to finally shift this weight!! Any tips on how to remember to drink heaps of water? I constantly forget to drink and want to get into a habit. Also is water and lemon juice really even better than water on its own?

Kim Buckley

Standard Member
Mar 7, 2015
I am on day 1 and u will find most likely u will need to drink water, u won't need a reminder u really do get a dry mouth and will want to drink, I drank just over 2lt today!! Didn't even have to think about it lol just kept needing more ... Lots of peeing too lol

Reactions: toni-ann

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
Believe me you won't have to remind yourself to drink water!:laughing:
I carry a water bottle with me the whole day and constantly sip on it - Duromine will make you VERY thirsty - just don't drink juice or soda or stuff with calories.