• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine While Breastfeeding?

E

Emmaajami

Standard Member
Feb 22, 2015
hey guys so my little one is nearly 1 and I still haven't lost my baby weight I put on 44kg I went to a local gp and told him I'm struggling to loose the last 10kg so he gave me a script for duromine he said its fine to take while bf.. I don't know what to do I'm very two minded about it. is there anyone here that has taken it while breastfeeding??? what was your experience with it

Had a look at the information leaflet. It says under dontraindications: "There are no date available on the safety of Duromine in lactation and as such, its use in lactating women should be avoided"
Maybe be safer to start when you are done breastfeeding. Don't want to harm your little angel!

I would advise strongly against it. Duromine isn't advised to be taken by Anyone under the age of 18 (I'm speaking for Australian guidelines) and since everything we ingest is transferred through breastmilk, I would say it would be bad.

Reactions: Tania J
Has anyone weaned their bub from the boob just to be able to take Duromine?

My daughter is 14 months so know that I have done it for a decent amount of time, but I feel like such an a@$hole stopping just because I want to lose weight. I have like 50kgs to lose so want to start ASAP.

***obviously I'll make sure she's fully weaned before I take anything***

Emma88 said:
Has anyone weaned their bub from the boob just to be able to take Duromine?

My daughter is 14 months so know that I have done it for a decent amount of time, but I feel like such an a@$hole stopping just because I want to lose weight. I have like 50kgs to lose so want to start ASAP.

***obviously I'll make sure she's fully weaned before I take anything***

Hi Emma. I was lucky that my youngest gave up breastfeeding on her own, but I know for sure that I would stop breastfeeding and get on with a weight loss program if my weight was too high to be healthy enough for raising her properly. I hope that this makes sense… 50 kg in plus pose a serious threat to your health. And what is the most important thing for you now? YOUR HEALTH! Because your precious pearl needs you healthy, happy and feeling a confident woman, who is capable of teaching her how to take care of herself, how to become a real woman and how to be happy, not even mentioning spending wonderful time while walking a lot together, and running, and playing, and hiking, and so many active things that you might become incapable of doing, if your weight affects your joints and the ability to move fast enough.

I really hope that my message did not offend you anyhow… And I am not trying to convince you that you should discontinue breastfeeding. I am just trying to tell you that you need to weigh all pros and cons, and take the decision that will be better for both of you. Get ready that there will always be people, who will tell you that you are bad for doing something, as they think, is wrong for your baby.

I wish you best of luck and support any of the decision you make. I am also ready and willing to help you on your weight loss journey (if you need my help or support), regardless of whether you lose weight with Duromine or without it. Take care

April said:
Hi Emma. I was lucky that my youngest gave up breastfeeding on her own, but I know for sure that I would stop breastfeeding and get on with a weight loss program if my weight was too high to be healthy enough for raising her properly. I hope that this makes sense… 50 kg in plus pose a serious threat to your health. And what is the most important thing for you now? YOUR HEALTH! Because your precious pearl needs you healthy, happy and feeling a confident woman, who is capable of teaching her how to take care of herself, how to become a real woman and how to be happy, not even mentioning spending wonderful time while walking a lot together, and running, and playing, and hiking, and so many active things that you might become incapable of doing, if your weight affects your joints and the ability to move fast enough.

I really hope that my message did not offend you anyhow… And I am not trying to convince you that you should discontinue breastfeeding. I am just trying to tell you that you need to weigh all pros and cons, and take the decision that will be better for both of you. Get ready that there will always be people, who will tell you that you are bad for doing something, as they think, is wrong for your baby.

I wish you best of luck and support any of the decision you make. I am also ready and willing to help you on your weight loss journey (if you need my help or support), regardless of whether you lose weight with Duromine or without it. Take care

Thanks so much for your reply :)

I've got 2 young kids and while I do get out and about with them everyday, I definitely feel like I am letting them down as I want to do more. I don't even like taking them to the beach or swimming centre because I look like a beached whale, which isn't fair for them.

I also don't want to pass on my bad eating habits to them, or cause them embarrassment when I eventually start doing school pick ups. I also hate that in the 3 years since having my first, there's maybe 3 photos of me with them because I hate the way I look.

Thanks for the reassurance...it was definitely needed :)

Emmaajami said:
hey guys so my little one is nearly 1 and I still haven't lost my baby weight I put on 44kg I went to a local gp and told him I'm struggling to loose the last 10kg so he gave me a script for duromine he said its fine to take while bf.. I don't know what to do I'm very two minded about it. is there anyone here that has taken it while breastfeeding??? what was your experience with it
Hi I’m in the same boat but My daughter is 2 and a half don’t breastfeed all the time but I’m lucky to be able to still at night my doc said it was fine but wanted to know if you breastfeed while on it?

Thanks

Did you end up taking while breastfeeding?

Bossmum said:
Did you end up taking while breastfeeding?
Hi yes I did, I only breastfeed at night tho but all was fine I was on30g
At first I only took it every second day to see then did everyday after 3/4 weeks

Hi, I am wanting to start duromine, but I am still breastfeeding has anyone taken duromine while breastfeeding? Just googled and no enough evidence to say it will go into the breast milk.

JuliaV said:
Hi, I am wanting to start duromine, but I am still breastfeeding has anyone taken duromine while breastfeeding? Just googled and no enough evidence to say it will go into the breast milk.
Best see your GP

@JuliaV Anything u eat or drink or take will go through your milk.

Reactions: milky-way
@JuliaV Yes, I can't imagine that it would be good for Bub. Bub might be awake all night :joy:

milky-way said:
@JuliaV Yes, I can't imagine that it would be good for Bub. Bub might be awake all night :joy:
Yea, no thanks. I will just wait till I finish feeding bub. Thanks :kissing:

@JuliaV Cut back your calories a little and weight might come off with breast feeding :grinning:

milky-way said:
@JuliaV Cut back your calories a little and weight might come off with breast feeding :grinning:
I quit smoking and my son has really bad behavior problems and I got postnatal depression. so I have been just eating to deal with everything at the moment :pensive: