• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Month 3+

Hey everyone,

So i am still on my fat loss journey, but thought i would share my success so far.

I am a 24 year old female, in September 2015 i had a starting weight of 124.5, today i am 96.9. I have a goal weight of 83kg as i am just over 6ft tall.

From day one i have kept a meal regime i can keep up in the long term. From when i wake up until i get home from work at about 630pm everynight i find it the easiest to control what i put in my mouth. I am busy at work and breakfast always made me sick. Every morning i have an apple in the car on the way to work to get my metabolism going, as hard as it is to stomach anything. I started off with two dry vita weats before i switched to an apple. Lunch has always been either vita weats, rice cakes, corn cakes or cruskits with vegemite or philly.
My biggest down fall has always been dinners. Bad everything and alot of it. Then chips lollies or ice cream before bed. I still consume about 1200 cals just at dinner time because i like to feel full and satisfied at night time. This has worked fine for me so far! I do not calorie count, these are round figures. I smother my greens in gravy and i still eat potatoes and pumpkin. I still eat white rice, chicken, steak and have cut out deep fried stuff. One night a week i will have take out, and another night ill cook something home made but bad like sausage sandwiches or my favourite pasta bake. This hasnt killed me or ruined anything. I eat well for breakfast and lunch still a d get back to it the next day.

As for exercise, this didnt happen until about a month ago when my weight loss slowed down, it still only consists of about 1hr a week running or lifting weights. I do most of my physical activity at work when i am lifting and i am on my feet 10 hours a day 5 days a week.

I am lucky as i have had minimal side effects. When i get stressed or anxious i sweat from my head, and occasionally i get dry mouth and chew some gum. I sleep great at night. HOWEVER i dont get the supressed appetite from Duromine, it subsides my cravings for fats and sugar which helps and i am sure it has helped my metabolism. Dont throw your hands in the air when you still feel hungry, because i still get bored hungry. I just keep busy and forget about it.

I have lost almost 27kg in 4 months and i have been prescribed another 2 months worth. I hope to reach at least 90 by the time i am finished.

If anyone has any questions please ask away. Its exciting to watch your body change and i wish you all luck!

Hello everyone,
I started on Duromine 30mg 9 weeks ago, I
I gained 40kg over the last 8 years when I settled down with my partner and stopped running around, going out drinking and dancing and started having quiet nights in with junk food and movies!
Over the past 8 years I have tried so many things to lose the kilos I put on over the years but only managed to loose a couple of kilos here and there and then gain even more after.

My last effort to lose weight consisted of joining Weight Watchers with my Mum for the extra support and to keep myself accountable and I joined a gym and attended numerous classes daily sometimes twice a day, I lost 5 kilos over 12 months, to say the least I was devastated with the effort I had put in and the results I achieved and became extremely disheartened trying to lose weight!

I spoke to my GP about trying to lose weight and even had a heap of tests completed to ensure my thyroid was working correctly, she mentioned Duromine to me...

Fast forward to December 11th 2015, my first day on duromine 30mg, I was hesitant about the side effects but figured if it doesn't work for me I will just stop taking it, I decided to make the most out of this opportunity as its not a cheap script to fill, I have been eating relatively healthy, salads, yoghurt, fruit, nuts and lots of water, my portions are a fraction of what I used to consume and I occasionally have a treat when I feel like it, my exercise consists of walking and 7 minute works outs and I will admit I'm not as disciplined as I would like to be but I have a sedentary office job that requires very long hours so I do what I can when I have the time and energy.

My starting weight was 116.5kg, I am only 158cm tall so I'm wearing anywhere between Size 20 and 24, after my first week I weighed in at and lost 3.9kg, I was so excited, my weight has continued to go down, even over Christmas, New Years and My Birthday where I indulged a little, at my last weigh in on 12/2/16 I weighed 107.9kgs, a total loss of 8.6kgs over 9 weeks, I've dropped 2 sizes and bought my first pair of jeans in years in a size 16!!

I had an appointment with my GP last week and she has increased my dosage to 40mg for the last month, 4 days into taking it and I'm feeling increased agitation and even less desire to eat, hope it settles a bit in the coming days as I don't enjoy feeling so strung out. All in all I'm very happy with my results to this point, it's the most weight I have lost in almost a decade and I feel I will be able to keep losing weight even after I stop taking the Duromine because it's enabled me to create some better habits!

I would recommend Duromine to anyone who has struggled to lose weight using the general methods, however keep an eye on your mood swings and stress levels as I have found this to be the only real side effect for me!
Thanks for reading my story, I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey also!!

Sinn

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done and great work!!! How are the side effects from the 40mg now? Reduced at all?

Well done alright! That's fantabulous! I hope to God I too can get back into a size 16 again :rolleyes: I had a very similar starting weight of 116.6kg. I tried Jenny craig and yeah you lose a few kilos and by a few I mean 6. Lots of money and exercising later.... Anyways, I'm hoping duromine will help us all out. Hope you're feeling better!

IWantToBeHappy said:
Well done and great work!!! How are the side effects from the 40mg now? Reduced at all?

Hey!! Yeah reduced significantly over the next few days after my initial post!
Thank you! =)

Chookybee said:
Well done alright! That's fantabulous! I hope to God I too can get back into a size 16 again :rolleyes: I had a very similar starting weight of 116.6kg. I tried Jenny craig and yeah you lose a few kilos and by a few I mean 6. Lots of money and exercising later.... Anyways, I'm hoping duromine will help us all out. Hope you're feeling better!

How is duromine going for you? I'm now down to 103.9kg and am steadily losing a kilo a week still even after stopping taking the duromine! I was really concerned that when I stopped I would balloon back out but I've created enough good habits to continue losing!

Great work! Yeah when i went from 30mgs to 40mgs i was a bit agro. I still get it everyday but now i know its just the pills i can easily talk myself out of that feeling.

Although its a bit harder when you have your period AND duromine makes you agro haha my bf is on eggshells 4 days out of the month haha poor guy.

But yeah same for me. That has been my only side effect and after reading some horrible experiences i feel pretty lucky

hi everyone. last year i lost a huge 17kg on duramine in 2.5 months and went from a size 14-16 to size 10-12 (even a size 8 jeans! depending on what brand) i had high energy levels to play with my son, i fell in love with real foods again and got over my addiction to sugars. i then fell pregnant and cravings and hormones took over and i did put it all back on :( i was on bed rest through my pregnancy due to placenta abruption) im now back on duramine and have picked up where i left off. my bmi is 32.2 im 84kg and need to get down to 58-60 kg to be in healthy bmi range. my wedding is in December (6 months away) so to fit into my dress im hoping to loose 20kg! i have taken b4 photos and look forward to showing you all my progress this time. my biggest tip is to fill a 2ltr water bottle and make sure you finish it by the end of each day, have celery cucumbers, carrots already sliced up in a container and put it at eye level in the fridge. dont hide vegetables away, make sure you can see them so every time you open that fridge they are the first and easiest thing to grab. also cup of soups are great for in between meals expecially in winter, home brand chicken noodle cuppa soup is very cheap and less then 80 calories.

Seems like a good diet plan! Good luck, dear Hailey! :)

Good luck hailey!

Looking forward to reading your journey :)

on my third script 30mg... SW 103 kg and now stuck in 88 kg. HIIT workout for the last 4 weeks eating. I can say am really bad in eating as most if the days I eat apple, eggs chicken and salad. My goal is 75 kg finishing of this script and I feel like its dragging now. My gp wont give me script until next year again. Hopefully with patience and hardwork I can still maintain or lose more even better by myself alone. I wonder how other people maintain the lose they had once they were off duromine.

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Hey,
I'm just about to finish my first script of 30mg and I've only lost 2.5kg!! I'm on the 1200 cal/day lite n easy plan and go to the gym 5 time a week, 2 of which are personal training... I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Was it this slow for you at the beginning?
I started at 101kg

Melinda said:
Hey,
I'm just about to finish my first script of 30mg and I've only lost 2.5kg!! I'm on the 1200 cal/day lite n easy plan and go to the gym 5 time a week, 2 of which are personal training... I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Was it this slow for you at the beginning?
I started at 101kg
Hi Melinda. We are at very sm
Melinda said:
Hey,
I started at 101kg
Hi Melinda we are at very similar stages, I'm also on 2nd script and my weight at start was 107.4 now I flutuate between 101 and 103kg I've lost alot in size down to a size 16. Like you I'm am sticking to good diet and train 5xweek twice wit a personal trainer. I feel great but the scales really stress me out!! Can't understand why the weight isn't moving much....

I feel the same. Weight loss has been slow. I am truly happy to see people getting big results, but I can't help feeling envious, which makes me feel like a bad person. I am eating in accordance with the diet set by my dietitian, and exercising as per my exercise physiologists directions. I have even been doing a lot of walking lately, and taking stairs instead of elevators etc..

At the moment, I am feeling bigger in my measurements. I am hoping it's just due to the up-coming monthlys, as I can often bloat up an entire dress size with those.

I don't get the side effects I once had when taking duramine - no dry mouth, headaches, racing heart etc... my appetite has never been a concern for me (I gained weight from not eating enough - killed my metabolism).

I am very similar to you two girls. I am drinking heaps of water exercising 6 days a week 2 with a PT. I am only on 15mg and I am in my third week now and lost 1kg. I have no side efforts but feel really disheartened as I am not seeing the big numbers on the scales. This is my first script and that took a lot to get from my gp and it was only after I had blood tests etc. My BMI was 33

I'm so relieved to see that I am not the only person struggling to see the same great results others are having from day 1!

Seeing that it has been a while since the previous posts...has things yet changed for you guys?
Do you have any words of wisdom to pass on??

Hoping someone has the answer I so desperately need!

Willow90 said:
I'm so relieved to see that I am not the only person struggling to see the same great results others are having from day 1!

Seeing that it has been a while since the previous posts...has things yet changed for you guys?
Do you have any words of wisdom to pass on??

Hoping someone has the answer I so desperately need!
Hi Willow90,

Sadly, I am still losing incredibly slowly. But my doctor has issued another script so the journey continues. My slow loss is complicated by low progesterone, but a loss is still a loss in my eyes! It can still be excruciatingly disheartening though. I am afraid I have no words of wisdom for you other than to celebrate small victories, and be happy that you are overall losing rather than gaining.

Good luck!

Hi willow. I am down to 99kgs now which has been 15years since seeing double digits so pretty happy bout that. However my weight loss I believe has been somewhat slower than others.... lost 8kgs in a couple of months. Lost lots of cms. I have PCOS which doesn't help. It's comming off!! Just slower than I had hoped! One day at a time.

Hi Girls!!! Its been more than a month since my last post and yeah i ended my D weighing 87kg Happy with the lost of 16kgs in 3 months. I am still doing the same exercise and eating like when I was on D and lost 2 more kilos. I am far now 10kgs from my goal and 20 kgs away for me to have a normal bmi but yeah life must go on! My gp wont give me any more scripts until next year. Goodluck to ur health journey.