Duromine & Coffee

I am really bad at waiting a week to weigh in ,I have an obsession with e scale still, and it is not good at all ,as it messes with the mind, because we fluctuate in our weight through the day and the week, we should really NOT get on the scale every day, and only Once WEEK, I have decided to pack the scale in the cupboard, and only take it out on FRIDAY morning to weigh in ...

Hi Liabet, I have been on D now for 14 days, {2 weeks today !!} I have had no cravings for sweet or savoury /salty foods at all, but yesterday I was craving a banana for the first time, which either means I want something sweet, or just that my body is asking for potassium or nutrients ,so I started taking my multivitamins again ,as I think my "cravings" stem from a lack of minerals..

Reactions: Liabet
Hi Leigh,
I have the same problem with the scale I have ask the children to hide the scale and only give it to me once a week.:p

I know we shouldn't weigh in daily.. I try not to... As I think it messes with my emotions... So this week I haven't.... I'm hanging to get on the scale tomorrow morning...... Duromine really helps me .. I don't snack or crave junk food... And I can now say no thank you to high sugar/calorie food :) it's amazing :)

Annel said:
Hi Leigh,
I have the same problem with the scale I have ask the children to hide the scale and only give it to me once a week.:p
Hi Annel, well done for doing so, and it is good that the kids see you are trying to overcome this obstacle and that they do not learn our ad habits and obsessions too ...It is liberating not getting o nthat scale, and it also prevents yo from focussing on your weight, and food al lday long, by not getting on it daily it helped me to focus on my fitness instead, and think of toning my body and firming it and thinking of cm loss instead and not on calories only, it is vital that we LEARN to balance food and fitness, so we do not have these struggles for the rest of our lives , it was gr8 getting on the scale on weigh in day and being surprised to see I had lost 1.7kg this week, it was a pleasure hiding the scale away after that, lol .. All the best for YOUR WEIGH IN DAY Annel.. let us know how it goes,we can beat this !!

I've seen a fair few posts from people starting duromine and giving up coffee and tea at the same time. I was wondering why this is. I admit I am a tea addict. I drink around 7ish cups of black tea with milk, no sugar everyday. Is this particularly bad for me, and will it hinder my weight loss??

Hi, Christine. Firstly you should watch over your personal changes. If your body feels ok with tea, then I don't think it can hinder your weight loss anyhow. Yes, tea contains even more caffiene than coffee and it's kind of stimulant, but I don't think that refusing from it will change the whole picture. Read and learn from others experiences, but do not get stuck on it too much. Better stick to the middle. Good luck!

Reactions: christine V
Tea does not have "much more" caffeine than coffee, but roughly the same amount.

Reactions: lovecat
gjcpt2013 said:
Tea does not have "much more" caffeine than coffee, but roughly the same amount.
Wanna bet? Depending on what tea you are talking about. Some tea producers make teabags from tea leftovers and add extra flavorings and much more of "tea powder". Plus different tea - different concentration of caffeine. Whereas, maybe an instant coffee sure does have the same amount of caffeine, but not the natural milled one.

Tea leaves have more caffeine than coffee beans before they are brewed. Prepared, however, tea is diluted quite a bit more than most coffees.

Each will vary depending on how strong you like it, though. I understand also that the caffeine content in tea is extracted during the first ten seconds of brewing. So if you're looking for more of a jolt, don't steep the tea for ages, just use more tea leaves.

I don't want to debate you as i am sure you got your information from a reliable source, but i have had this discussion many times before and have reached the same conclusion each time.

Reactions: lovecat
Liabet said:
I am trying not to weigh myself more than once a week but sometimes can't help sneaking a peek lol.

I've found that my cravings have come back after 5days & I'm no longer feeling as full as I was before, has anyone else experienced this?
I'm 4 wks in to 30mg and for the past week I feel like I've been starving!! I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks. My weekly exercise has improved to 6 days where before was only one or two days per week so that could contribute to my hunger too. I'm happy to have more energy. But mostly because I've been trying to eat super healthy I'm now craving lollies and biscuits which are my nemesis. Need. More. Willpower..

Hi everyone.

I started my first pill this morning and I'm drinking coffee like it's water I have a glass of water next to my coffee and drinking them simultaneously but it's like I just can't get enough. I have always been a big coffee drinker but this is insane, constant craving for another cup.

I have always had my coffee black and bitter (no sugar or replacement sugar)

Is my crazy coffee obsession today going to affect the weight loss?

HotFizz said:
I dont see why it would be a problem, i am on Duromine 30 and i have 1-2 cups of coffee and i am losing weight so it doesnt effect the precription drug. I lost 5 kg in 2 weeks time, but everyones body is different , i dont have any problems. Good Luck and all the best :)
Hi do you have it black or with milk..how and sugar?

Hi, I don't think you will face any problem.