• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine And Smoking??

Rava said:
Me too @Kaeani!

For my first few days on Duromine, it was like I couldn't smoke enough - and then because my appetite is gone, I think my the mind was telling me you need something extra in your mouth - hence me smoking more.

Thank goodness this urge has lessened. I have just re-started this week (four month break) and can honestly say, that today I feel that the smoking urge has finally decreased (Day 5)

How far along are you since the start of taking Duromine?

I've been on it for about 4 weeks the urge has only gotten worse I have evidence on my fingers I try to convince myself that oys because I only use the one hand to smoke but I've been using the one hand for years.
I've found that I have no appetite anymore either. I havent eaten at all today. Yesterday I ate half a banana and nothing for dinner the night before. For lunch the day before I had a banana.. for some reason I haven't wanted to eat I just smoke on my lunch break and I havent been hungry. (I know this isn't good)
I've got another perscription for another month already lost 7kgs

@Kaeani - ok well thats a lot of smoking!

I've been popping in some sugarless gum to help with the urge - maybe give it a go? In regards to stains on your fingers, maybe trying lemon juice for removal?

Not eating as you stated - not good! If you aren't feeding your body - your immune system will weaken which in turn will see you start picking up all kinds of bugs that might be going around.

Remind yourself that you need to start implementing a healthy eating pattern as once you are off Duromine the appetite suppression will be gone and you don't want to fall back into old habits and regain the weight you have already lost.

Maybe start up a thread or blog here and write down your daily habits and goals. Definitely helps me have something to refer to :)

Rava said:
@Kaeani - ok well thats a lot of smoking!

I've been popping in some sugarless gum to help with the urge - maybe give it a go? In regards to stains on your fingers, maybe trying lemon juice for removal?

Not eating as you stated - not good! If you aren't feeding your body - your immune system will weaken which in turn will see you start picking up all kinds of bugs that might be going around.

Remind yourself that you need to start implementing a healthy eating pattern as once you are off Duromine the appetite suppression will be gone and you don't want to fall back into old habits and regain the weight you have already lost.

Maybe start up a thread or blog here and write down your daily habits and goals. Definitely helps me have something to refer to :)

Thank you so much! I'll try the lemon juice! I'm so glad I found this forum there are so many things I have been doing or that have been happening to me that I didnt realise were from the duramine.
I have been eating good the whole 4 weeks. 100g of meat- either chicken or steak. With a cup of Veges.- broccoli, carrot, beans, cauliflower and I've been so full after eating it. I think just the past few days things have been stressful at work and I dont eat when I'm stressed :/ the day before I started duramine I weighed in at 76kg. This morning i weighed 68.5kg. I'm feeling so motivated and happy with myself I wanted the duramine to give me a push to lose a couple kg and to help me get my eating habits up to scratch so that I can then reach my goal on my own keeping the eating habits and exercise in place once off the duramine. (I have dieted, signed up to gyms, exercised, calorie counting, weight loss drops- none has worked them I go back to old eating habits and give up because no matter what I have done nothing worked)
I'm extremely worried about stopping the duramine because I have seen a lot of people say that they gain it all or more back after. I wonder if that's because they havent changed the way that they're eating and exercising?? or of it's because that's just what happens...

Kaeani said:
think just the past few days things have been stressful at work and I dont eat when I'm stressed :/

Ahhhh gotcha! I am a bit the same in stressful situations too! I was worried that you hadn't been eating much the whole time, so was glad to read otherwise :)

Kaeani said:
the day before I started duramine I weighed in at 76kg. This morning i weighed 68.5kg. I'm feeling so motivated and happy with myself

Huge congrats on your loss of 7.5kg!!! You are doing amazing! You got this!!

Kaeani said:
I'm extremely worried about stopping the duramine because I have seen a lot of people say that they gain it all or more back after. I wonder if that's because they havent changed the way that they're eating and exercising?? or of it's because that's just what happens...

Honestly I think there is a few factors in play. Duramine has an affect on your metabolism giving it a boost, so once you wean yourself off it stands to reason that for a few days our bodies will maybe slow down a bit, and maybe hold onto some of the weight.

However, hopefully by this stage we have formed new healthy habits. If you create a calorie deficit through food and exercise, you will keep losing :)

Went to a different doctor today who had no issues whatsoever prescribing me with Duromine.
Starting tomorrow and I am over the moon. How much you lost? Also one more quick question... does it affect smoking do you feel sick smoking? Did it help you quit ?

Reactions: amalfi and Spark
grizzly said:
Went to a different doctor today who had no issues whatsoever prescribing me with Duromine.
Starting tomorrow and I am over the moon. How much you lost? Also one more quick question... does it affect smoking do you feel sick smoking? Did it help you quit ?
I actually smoke more on duro :(

Okay. That’s okay. I know every time I quit I gain weight lol so hopefully I can quick properly lol

I give up quoting cause my hubby won't :/

barnz said:
I give up quoting cause my hubby won't :/
Hahaha. It’s so hard when your better half smokes. When did you start Duromine ?

Hey dear,

Good luck on your journey! Duromine will make you feel full, so it can be a perfect time to quit smoking. You will not eat more without cigarettes :rolleyes:

grizzly said:
Hahaha. It’s so hard when your better half smokes. When did you start Duromine ?
A while ago . Many breaks but feel that I'm at a point duro not helping any more only surgery . So just learning to except been smaller but extra skin

I also smoke more on duromine. It’s a bit like when you had a drink. That same feeling. Makes me want to smoke more too. Quitting when I have lost a lot more weight

April said:
Hey dear,

Good luck on your journey! Duromine will make you feel full, so it can be a perfect time to quit smoking. You will not eat more without cigarettes :rolleyes:
Did you smoke before?

Jessica1216 said:
I also smoke more on duromine. It’s a bit like when you had a drink. That same feeling. Makes me want to smoke more too. Quitting when I have lost a lot more weight
Okay good too know I’ll keep smoking hahaha :laughing::laughing::laughing:

grizzly said:
Okay good too know I’ll keep smoking hahaha :laughing::laughing::laughing:
:joy: I have a 2 phase plan. Lose weight first. Than quit. Tried to quit last year and the quitting part was okay but I gained 5 kilo’s so started again. I need to lose first.

Reactions: grizzly
Jessica1216 said:
:joy: I have a 2 phase plan. Lose weight first. Than quit. Tried to quit last year and the quitting part was okay but I gained 5 kilo’s so started again. I need to lose first.
Hahaha yeah it’s so bad.

grizzly said:
Helped me quit, but first I had to make the commitment to quit, hella dry mouth means why would I want to smoke

amalfi said:
Helped me quit, but first I had to make the commitment to quit, hella dry mouth means why would I want to smoke
I only smoke menthols and I noticed the cigarette is so mentholly if that makes sense lol. However I’m not really enjoying it too much tbh I usually smoke around 20 a day but I’ve only had about 5.

grizzly said:
I only smoke menthols and I noticed the cigarette is so mentholly if that makes sense lol. However I’m not really enjoying it too much tbh I usually smoke around 20 a day but I’ve only had about 5.
I used to smoke menthol boost almost a pack a day too, my 8 year old kept nagging me about how cancer cells are formed and mutate and spread everywhere. I thought it was funny at first but she wouldn't stop nagging me about smoking causing my death, and I said \"FINE! I\'ll quit!\" She retorted with \"you always say that!\" So I then responded with \"I will make a promise this time!\" And that was that! I finished the pack and didn't buy any more, haven't actually craved them, haven't replaced them with anything, my desire for healthy foods has increased and I'm not craving junk foods anymore either.

Reactions: grizzly
amalfi said:
I used to smoke menthol boost almost a pack a day too, my 8 year old kept nagging me about how cancer cells are formed and mutate and spread everywhere. I thought it was funny at first but she wouldn't stop nagging me about smoking causing my death, and I said \"FINE! I\'ll quit!\" She retorted with \"you always say that!\" So I then responded with \"I will make a promise this time!\" And that was that! I finished the pack and didn't buy any more, haven't actually craved them, haven't replaced them with anything, my desire for healthy foods has increased and I'm not craving junk foods anymore either.
That’s wonderful news. It’s great that you had that willpower to quit. I had my full day yesterday on 40mg and oddly enough smoking was making me sick lol