Duromine and Other Side Effects

Hi Dee

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I will do this, I took a sneaky peak on the scale this morning and I think I'm pleased but not so sure, it's a really good number though. I really didn't want to weigh in till the 7th day but the scale tortured me. My DH said he is going to take the batteries out the scale and only put them back in every Tuesday morning lol. Seems he is starting to accept that I have taken this weight loss journey seriously, he has finally stopped asking if I want a glass of Coke, (my biggest challenge was giving up Coke, I haven't had a drop of fizzy drink since I started) I feel so proud of myself.

SW: 87.1
CW: 84.2

Day 4 today

I decided to shake breakfast up a bit and had a boiled egg and a slice of toast, it went down so nicely.

My body hurts so much today after yesterday's workouts, I can feel every muscle in my legs and arms throbbing :confused:, I went on the elliptical earlier and only did 5km after that I couldn't anymore my legs are dead.

I am dreading the weekend, hoping that I won't slip off the wagon. I am determined and strong right now.

The past 4 days have been really hard, trying to find the right balance of food and exercise but I'm slowly getting there.

I didn't sleep so well last night, was up and down from 1am, I am going to use the treadmill at night so I can burn off the excess energy.

April, I would like to thank you for your posts and help during this bug change in my life.

After my first month on D I will post pics of before and after.

I see I haven't mentioned what dosage I'm on , it's 30mg for 3 months.

Not sure if I will be able to post over the weekend, if I don't I will update on Monday

Xxx
Till next time

Reactions: April
Hi,

Go you!!!! so you should be proud... coke is very addictive I used to drink lots over 10 years ago so I know it can be hard to stop.... ha ha so your partner will take the batteries out... so I am guessing that is his way of supporting you... ;)

That is a great loss.... your hard work and inner strength is shining thru on your scales already :laughing:

Don't dread the weekend.... take it as a challenge that you will overcome ,same as any-day during the week without realising you already have the strength to go thru the weekend.... I found when I started to loose weight the last thing I wanted to do was ruin all that hard work or see my scales go up....so if your tempted just say to yourself is it really worth it, do I want to waste this limited time I have... don't get me wrong Im not perfect and haven't traveled this journey so far without a slip up here and there but I felt so bad when i did that I worked extra hard to try and make up for it... Id never let 3 pieces of choc turn into a block either.... a tiny slip up is better than a huge one.:oops:

When I read your post I was thinking of how sore your might be... I only started working out once I started D, now I believe something is always better than nothing or 5 reps of something is better than nothing (mainly because I am so scared excuses will come back and I will fall into my old ways of never doing anything) ... you should be so proud for doing 5km..... after all, you could have taken the easy way out and said im too sore Il do something tomorrow but you didn't and personally I think that's a huge achievement :laughing:

Do you think a cup of chamomile tea might help you go back to sleep? I was riding the bike just before bed as it also helped my metabolism work while I was sleeping, so maybe your treadmill might help tire you out.... its a bit of trial and error so hopefully that works for you.... symptoms do settle after time too the first week the only symptom I had was a very bad head.... but that soon went :)

Have a great weekend!!!

Mom2three said:
Hi Dee

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I will do this, I took a sneaky peak on the scale this morning and I think I'm pleased but not so sure, it's a really good number though. I really didn't want to weigh in till the 7th day but the scale tortured me. My DH said he is going to take the batteries out the scale and only put them back in every Tuesday morning lol. Seems he is starting to accept that I have taken this weight loss journey seriously, he has finally stopped asking if I want a glass of Coke, (my biggest challenge was giving up Coke, I haven't had a drop of fizzy drink since I started) I feel so proud of myself.

SW: 87.1
CW: 84.2

Day 4 today

I decided to shake breakfast up a bit and had a boiled egg and a slice of toast, it went down so nicely.

My body hurts so much today after yesterday's workouts, I can feel every muscle in my legs and arms throbbing :confused:, I went on the elliptical earlier and only did 5km after that I couldn't anymore my legs are dead.

I am dreading the weekend, hoping that I won't slip off the wagon. I am determined and strong right now.

The past 4 days have been really hard, trying to find the right balance of food and exercise but I'm slowly getting there.

I didn't sleep so well last night, was up and down from 1am, I am going to use the treadmill at night so I can burn off the excess energy.

April, I would like to thank you for your posts and help during this bug change in my life.

After my first month on D I will post pics of before and after.

I see I haven't mentioned what dosage I'm on , it's 30mg for 3 months.

Not sure if I will be able to post over the weekend, if I don't I will update on Monday

Xxx
Till next time

Ahahaha!!! I didn’t have a slightest doubt you will weigh yourself. Not a bit of doubt! It’s so exciting to be changing yourself. =) the weight loss is huge, HOWEVER I don’t want you to get discouraged if you see the same way on day 7 that you saw today, ok?

May I shake your hand for not touching fizzy drinks! BRAVO, girl! I am glad your DH =)))) stopped torturing you with that poison in the glass. You definitely should be proud of yourself and never give in to any other temptations… it often happens so that your close people are not ready for the changes you go through, so they try to convince you into breaking the routine. They are afraid of what you are doing and how you are changing, they are afraid you will switch them to someone else and so on. if you notice anything like this happen (it’s just a warning, I am not trying to make you nervous in your relationship but it’s a natural reaction. Even friends, parents can act like that while not realizing they bring harm.), don’t pay any attention to it and keep going.

Good, I like it that you add some changes to your nutrition. It should be balanced. I am sure you will find the golden mean very soon.

I am sorry for the sore muscles you are suffering from today and hats off to you for getting on the elliptical. In fact, while I was in the beginning of my weight loss journey, I found out that exercising through pain the next day actually helps you cope with sore muscles and in some time the pain fades away. But that’s just me. Not sure if it works the same for everyone.

It’s ok if you don’t post over the weekend. I usually never write in weekends. =)) My promise to myself that I don’t approach the computer and dedicate every second of the weekend to my family. =) However, I wish you a lovely weekend and may your will power do miracles for you. like Dee said, you don’t want to throw into waste al your efforts during the week and the progress you achieved. =)

Thank you for the nice words! I am really happy if I can be of any help to you! I am honored to go all the way through with people who decide to change their life for good. SO thank you for this decision and your determination!

PS. Looking forward to those photos. (it’s my favorite part =))

Good morning ladies :)

I have got so much to tell you but will keep it short and sweet ;)

Day 4 (Saturday)

Wow I never realized how determined I really am until Saturday approached, I packed myself a lunch box with snacks and a lunch and I'm so glad I did, my kids had a chess tournament which started at 7:30am till 14:30 it was so long and parents aren't allowed to watch the chess we have to wait outside which gets boring so logically you are going to go buy and eat rubbish from the tuck shop. All I bought from the tuck shop was 5x bottles of water :laughing:. The smells of the junk food cooking was absolute torture and everyone drinking Coke was even more torture but I chomped on my celery stick quite happily. My will power shine through like nothing else, so proud of me! I can do this even when there are temptations all around me.

After the tournament we took my kids out for burgers because they played so well and we rewarded them. They including my Dh had the most amazing burgers ever but my steak was even better hehe I had the 125g lean steak with steamed green beans and carrots.

I only got round to exercise that night so I pushed 30 mins on the elliptical but I knew I was active most of the day so I did make 8000 steps ;)

Day 5

Another day of temptations. We went to my in laws for a South African BBQ (we call a braai) always without fail at a braai there is so much meat, salads, sweet breads, buns, chips, treats and and and.

We left in the morning to go, so I had a quick on the go breakfast (weetbix mixed with whey in a shake bottle) which I drank in the car.

Got to my inlaws and of coarse what happens the wine comes out, thankfully my DH was thinking on his feet and poured me a glass of "pink wine" water mixed with pink food coloring so no one knew the difference ;):laughing:, I have not told anyone about my D diet yet. Very chuffed my DH saved the day lol.

Anyways halfway through the day out comes my biggest weakness chips/crisps. All I did was look longingly at them but I didn't touch one. So the braai starts and meat just goes on the grill. So much meat, lamb chops, pork chops, steak, chicken drumsticks the smell was heavenly.

Lunch time arrives meat is ready and all I had was chicken (pulled the skin off and gave it to my DH) and a green salad. No potato salad, no coleslaw nothing else that was sitting at the table looking like I died and went to heaven.

Unfortunately I didn't get to exercise because as soon as we got home I had to help my eldest with a school project.

My first weekend was a big challenge and I passed with flying colors and I couldn't be more proud of myself.

I can feel the energy effect of the D subsiding now but it's not really bothering me much, I still have energy to do my daily tasks and exercise. I can't say I'm sleeping better because my DH is complaining I am very restless at night. I still wake early in the mornings which I don't mind because I am so much more prepared for the morning rush now.

Today is Day 6, can't wait for tomorrow. Sure my weight will be the same as it was on Friday which is totally fine with me because a loss is a loss.

For breakfast I had weetbix again.

I am having one small issue, my stomach is really giving me trouble, I am eating enough fiber but I think the shock of healthier food has blocked me up a bit. I am going to have to drink 1/2 glass prune juice today, I know liquid calories are bad but I need to relieve myself so tmi.

Till tomorrow
Weigh in day
Xxx

Reactions: Dee2017
Hello there, Superwoman! You’re so BRAVOOO!!!! Well done! You certainly deserve to be proud of yourself!!! And wow! I am glad your husband started to seriously support the whole idea and process! I am sure it will make it at least a little easier for you. =)

As for stomach issue. Duromine can be the cause of this issue, so if you feel you need to aid the ‘movements’, just do it! you don’t want this unpleasant event hinder your weight loss process! With your scarce nutrition, half a glass of prune juice won’t harm you, trust me!

Again, well done! Applause and hats off to you! keep it up!

Congratulations!!! You did so well.... looking forward to reading your post tomorrow....:laughing:

Hi! Also new to Duromine. Have had a script for 2 months sitting there leaving it as a last resort thinking I could get back into the mindset I used to have 2 years ago. Didn't work.
Moving house, being a single mum to 2.5yr old twins, being a student. This year has been crazy!
I've enjoyed reading how your week has been! Cant wait to see how you weigh in.

Jordan said:
Hi! Also new to Duromine. Have had a script for 2 months sitting there leaving it as a last resort thinking I could get back into the mindset I used to have 2 years ago. Didn't work.
Moving house, being a single mum to 2.5yr old twins, being a student. This year has been crazy!
I've enjoyed reading how your week has been! Cant wait to see how you weigh in.

Dear Jordan

Welcome

I also have twins B/G they are 8 now, I remember the 2's like yesterday lol.

Good luck with the move :)

Good morning ladies

Right now I feel like I'm an eagle soaring through the sky. I'm on such a high (not from D but from my weigh in results)

Being strong and determinated has made me lose 4.4kg in 7 days :laughing::laughing::laughing::p I know it's a lot for only 7 days hoping it will drop to 2.5kgs next week because I really don't want lose flabby skin :eek:

I am eating a calorie controlled diet of 1100-1200 calories a day. I have bought pre made food for next week (fit chef, company in SA) just so I have a good idea of exactly what I can make and eat in the future, cost a small fortune but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Anyways here are my stats

Start weight: 87.1
Current weight: 82.7
Goal weight: 75kg (while on D)
Ultimate goal weight: 55-60kg

Measurements:

Arm: 32 (2cm loss)
Bust: 92 (3cm loss)
Waist: 94 (10cm loss) I'm an still questioning this, was trying my best to remember exactly where I measured myself lol, think I need to mark my body for reference points, it has to be this one because everywhere else is measuring 86cm
Hip: 109 (4cm loss)
Thigh: 66 (1cm loss) my biggest hatred my legs

Breakfast I'm having 2 boiled eggs instead of 1, feeling a little peckish this morning. I would love a poached egg right now but every time i try make one it's a disaster :cool:.

Till tomorrow
Xxx

Reactions: Lorena and Dee2017
I still haven't worked out how to edit posts yet, I did have 100ml of sugar free prune juice yesterday and it worked. Feel so much lighter now hehe

WOOOHOOO!!! That is a lot of weight you lost!! And I like your attitude to it! Right, you want a healthy weight loss, so no more than 2.5 kg. But who knows, how much your body is willing to give. You use, you lost the most volume in your waist. (amazing, by the way) So, I guess, you had a serious water retention.

Ok, and now I see you got really serious and already have your week’s food supply ready. Applause, applause, applause! It will surely help you understand better what and how you should cook and eat. Great choice! Besides, it can help you save some time and energy for exercising. Any plans on upping/diversifying the physical activity?

Poached eggs… mmm… I usually have soft-boiled ones. I place the eggs into cold water and wait till they start boiling. Once the boiling begins, I start counting to 100. And they’re perfect =)) Soft-boiled are not so heavy for my stomach, while poached ones are… well 1 out of 5 turns nice. =)) Definitely needs practice.

Have a great day and a wonderful cheerful evening!

I did up my exercise routine, I do 30mins taebo, 30 mins elliptical (moderate intensity) then I YouTube aerobic exercises. I do that in the mornings after I have dropped my kiddos at school. At night I do 50-60 minute walking on the treadmill plain and simply walking on an incline.

I am concerned about doing the squats because I have knee issues and every time I do 5-6 my knee plays up, I contacted my doctor about it and he said I mustn't do it until my knees are able to cope with my body weight, I'm putting too much strain on them. I explained my daily life to him and he said it's perfect for now and if I carry on this way I am going to more than likely loose more than 2.5kgs a week and I mustn't be too concerned, if I am I must up my calorie intake to 1500-1800.

Oh WOW! Hi there, sporty girl! =) You’re doing so great! And your doctor is fantastic! I am so glad you got his approval for your weight loss plan! Besides, the recommendations he gave you… nothing to add. =)) You’re lucky to have such a doctor!

Hopefully, your knee stops bothering you as you lose weight and everything gets into a perfect condition. A great day to you! Cheers

Hey

Just stopping by to say well done!!!! :laughing: what a wonderful feeling...I agree with April sounds like you have a great Dr

Enjoy the rest of the week

Dee

Hello there! How are you doing today?

Was so busy today, will update tomorrow :)

Hi ladies,

So sorry for not writing, my kids school is doing their biggest fund raising event of the year and being a PTA mom I have to assist with all preparations. So I have had very long days recently.

All seems to be going well, eating my already prepared calorie controlled meals, think I might actually buy another 7 day pack because it's just so convenient.

Exercise has not been the same because I have been at school from 7am till 6pm but with a lot of activity there, I have done 30 mins on the treadmill at nights but I'm so tired of walking and carrying boxes all day I just want to collapse in bed.

Sleep is much the same, restless and awake early mornings.

Will write again on Monday

Another weekend to get through

Xxx

Today is day 14

Supposed to be weigh in day but I'm avoiding it, I took a very bad fall off the stairs and bruised myself from the waist down. I am in so much pain and haven't been very mobile :( . I really don't think I have lost a gram because of bed rest. Once I recover I will be back in exercise. I'm still eating right though.

I did my weigh in on Tuesday even though I didn't want to *hides face* I am now 81.7 I can literally smell the 70's now hehe.

Unfortunately I won't be very mobile for the next 6 weeks due to my fall :( I am really not supposed to drive but when you a mom you have to drive :) let's just say I really miss my automatic car lol.

I saw my doc on Wednesday morning for a check up on my bruised body and weekly weigh in, he is very happy with the progress so far, unfortunately things will go slower from now because I'm supposed to be on best rest.

Tomorrow it's weekend again and yet another chess tournament but I survived the first one since being on D I will survive the rest.

I don't have much side effects anymore, doctor has given me a different sleeping tablet for my insomnia, he believes that my sleep problems aren't due to the D but because I have always suffered with sleep.

Dry mouth, I still have but I have worked around it by always drinking water, my car looks like a plastic bottle recycling center haha, I chew sugar free gum when I don't have water around.

I will try update when I can.

Life seems to have taken over my days and time. So much for the bed rest, I must say my DH helps me so much now.

Till next time

Goodness! I am so sorry you hurt yourself so badly! Wish you a fast recovery and I have to say your DH is bravo to help you. I am glad he is near and understands your needs.

I am sure you will be able to return to normal Duromine regime very fast. You are a very strong woman and you know it. Now take care of yourself, eat healthy and keep hydrating your body. Don’t rush – you have too many people who depend on you!

Get well soon! Have a great day