Duromine and Other Side Effects

Hi Unity,

Went to the docs yesterday, as i have a throat infection lol. Whilst i was there she weighed me again, and i had lost 4 kilos in the first 6 days so i was pleased with that. :)

How are you going ?

Reactions: Unity
Hi Claire..

Dam throat infection.... lol hope you get better soon...

I'm doing ok, had a few family issues.. seemed instead of the binge bug this time around... I couldn't eat.
So happy to see you back on the forum...

Sharon (aka Unity)

Unity said:
oooppppsss sorry Claire... well done on your weight loss...

Doing great...

Thanks Sharon. I was a bit gutted yesterday as after week two i went to the doctors and had stayed the same and lost nothing. :( Is this normal? I didn't eat more / unhealthy foods. I still exercised even though i had tonsillitis lol. I was on antibiotics and they have now finished.
Im hoping for a better result this week.
How are you going?

ClaireBear said:
Hello Everyone,

I am on day three of Duromine 30mg. So far has been good apart from the waking up at 1am and taking a while to get back to sleep.
Day three today and for some reason i feel a little tired? Is this OK?
Yesterday was super busy at work and i then rushed home to go and meet my parents for a celebratory meal, we went to a South African restaurant and me and my boyfriend shared a platter for two, it was loaded with chicken, steak sausages chips etc etc. I had two chips!! Piece of a chicken, small bit of steak and one small piece of sausage.
I then got home and went for a 30 minute walk. Then chilled out for a while before going to bed. I then woke up at 1am and couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour and a half then i was up at 5:45 for work again.
Is it normal to feel a but tired? I will still be going for my normal swim after work, it isnt like it is putting me off that, but can anyone shed some light for me?? :):)
I take the 40mg then first week the only effects I had was an upset stomach and some dizziness the first couple of days I didn't necessarily struggle to sleep but I woke up feeling amazing and I had so much energy it was great. All the effects wore off within the first week though. I'm 5 months into taking D and I have no side effects what so ever

Hi Breaza,

Thank you for the reply. :)
Oh that's great that you have no side effects. Also i just started my second month and i thought you could only do like three months as a time and then they stop you on them. I am hoping i can keep going on them until i have lost sufficient weight.
I weighed in after just a little under a month and had lost 9 kilos.
How much have you lost so far if you dont mind me asking of course. :)

ClaireBear said:
Hi Breaza,

Thank you for the reply. :)
Oh that's great that you have no side effects. Also i just started my second month and i thought you could only do like three months as a time and then they stop you on them. I am hoping i can keep going on them until i have lost sufficient weight.
I weighed in after just a little under a month and had lost 9 kilos.
How much have you lost so far if you dont mind me asking of course. :)
9kgs is fantastic congrats! I've lost 30kgs from day 1 to now, the first 20kgs I lost fairly quickly but the last month or so the weight loss has slowed right down and is becoming more challenging. Keep up the great work though!

I am 26 and new to Duromine. My first week has been good. I have started eating better and a lot less than I use to and even started exc. again. The side affects like dry mouth isn't bad but my emotions are a bit up and down, is this normal? I am nervouse, because it is my first time on this. Will the tiredness and up and down of emotions pass as my body gets use to this or how do I adjust to make it all work out for my? Any advise?

Reactions: Mumo3girls
PoenieDp said:
I am 26 and new to Duromine. My first week has been good. I have started eating better and a lot less than I use to and even started exc. again. The side affects like dry mouth isn't bad but my emotions are a bit up and down, is this normal? I am nervouse, because it is my first time on this. Will the tiredness and up and down of emotions pass as my body gets use to this or how do I adjust to make it all work out for my? Any advise?
Welcome!
I'm on day 10 and I found side effects disappeared around day 4 or 5.. Hopefully your body adjusts by then.
Good luck

Everything seems normal, dear PoenieDp ;)

Dry mouth is common for the first week, nothing to worry about. Just try to drink more water during the day, soon your body will get used to it. As for the tiredness - exercises and walking should help (at least helped me to boost my energy levels), also small but nourishing meals (protein, carbs and fat in decent amount). Good luck with weight loss, darling!

Thank for the advice, helps alot and I keeps me positive and motivated ;)

Hi poenieDp, I'm also new to this and only had two duromine pills so far. I'm looking forward to my first weigh in! I'm so glad this forum is here for us to bounce ideas off and talk about things. Really cool.

In terms of side effects... You're lucky that's all you got! My partner and I had real bad insomnia last time we tried this (only a sample a few months ago) and stopped by day 4. My partner literally slept an hour or two a night. Last night I also had the same thing, only sleeping about 2-3 hours of broken sleep. And now it's already 10pm here and I'm not sleepy at all - even after taking a sleeping pill!! (Dr approved to take them together). I'm hoping tonight tho is a better night.

Yesterday I ate maybe 50calories and like 100ml of water, literally. lol I couldn't stomach anything but today I've managed to eat 520. So big improvement. And 500ml of water. So I'm very pleased.

How are you going with it? Are you losing as much as you'd hoped as quick as you hoped? I would love to lose 2kgs a week for two months.

Hope everyone has a good night / day!

Welcome!

How are you going so far? I'm on week 6 and i'm still experiencing some side effects - but nothing that would cause me to stop.
The insomnia will settle (but I've found its extremely bad if I don't so some kind of light exercise throughout the day)
I still get dry mouth and unfortunately - I've had some pretty flat days too. When it happens, I try to remember that it will pass - and it does.
Of the 6 weeks I've been on duromine - I've had one bad week and a few days here and there.
Keep in mind, I am being treated for mild depression and I've been feeling very sore, tired and sorry for myself due to some pretty intense training - so please don't let my experience scare you.
I found that by about day 10 - I was managing much better. It's crazy what a lack of sleep can do to a person.
I've found that using this site has been invaluable - when I do feel down and I can talk on here without judgement and i'm swaddled with support from ladies that get where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

well done on all of the weightloss. I only took my third pill this morning, I set my alarm for 5 and the sleep some more. I haven't realy experienced much of the side affects. only dry mouth realy. and I realy don't get the urge for any food. although I do eat small healthy meals like fruit, provitas, yogurt ect. I am kind of worried because in the two past days ive only dropped like 200 grams. wonder if its working for me or not?oh and I exercise to everyday ofcourse...

pleeeeese help. when will I be seeing a bigger difference

newbie101 said:
Hi everyone.

well done on all of the weightloss. I only took my third pill this morning, I set my alarm for 5 and the sleep some more. I haven't realy experienced much of the side affects. only dry mouth realy. and I realy don't get the urge for any food. although I do eat small healthy meals like fruit, provitas, yogurt ect. I am kind of worried because in the two past days ive only dropped like 200 grams. wonder if its working for me or not?oh and I exercise to everyday ofcourse...

pleeeeese help. when will I be seeing a bigger difference
Are you drinking lots of water? Anything from 500gms a week is considered a good loss.. Try to focus on a weekly weigh in. I weigh often but only record my weigh in on a Friday morning..

helos

thanks for the reply. yes I do, I drink at least more than two liters a day. I don't understand shouldn't I be losing more? and also isn't the first week normally the week when you lose the most?

sorry for al the questions, just a little confused...

Hey Newbie101,

Everyone seems to be different - I've read posts about people losing up to 5 kg the first week and I've also seen posts with people losing 1 kg.
I suppose its dependant on a variety of factors including:
  • starting weight
  • activity level
  • diet (before and after starting Duro)
  • water consumption
For me, I lost 2 kg my first week, 3kg in the following fortnight and then 1 kg every week since.
That's with calorie counting, daily gym/exercise and 2 L water per day.
Some people have the same sort of loss without changing anything

Remember that it's not a bad thing to have slow loss - My GP and Dietican both encourage this, as it gives a person more time on Duro to develop long term healthy changes for their lives. So that when the tablets stop - the healthy lifestyle doesn't and the weight doesn't return.

I get where you are at though - at the beginning it was allllll about the scales - give it a bit and you'll be content with just a downward trend and feeling better.

PS. I wrote the exact same thing on day three ("i don't think it's working!")

Last edited:
hey Madaselle..

thanx a lot for the reply and also the encouragement. much appreciated. I realy hope it does kick in a little faster though, was so hoping to lose at least 12 kg in a period of 6 weeks, after reading so many success storys.

but maybe I am a little to eager and think I will give it some more time and only weigh myself every week from now on.

:)

newbie101 said:
hey Madaselle..

thanx a lot for the reply and also the encouragement. much appreciated. I realy hope it does kick in a little faster though, was so hoping to lose at least 12 kg in a period of 6 weeks, after reading so many success storys.

but maybe I am a little to eager and think I will give it some more time and only weigh myself every week from now on.

:)
The short answer is, duro isn't a fat eater, it just helps with appetite suppression, so the only way to lose weight really is cutting back what your eating and making what you are eating, good healthy food.
You could easily lose heaps of weight by not eating at all, but then when you start eating again are more likely to gain it back..
It's a battle..

Reactions: Madaselle
Around 2pm i am physically crashing. I am exhausted and beyond tired. My exercise is walking, I walk about about 70 minutes every day. This was my food intake yesterday in the attached file. Any ideas? Because I am over this. Today is day 6 on duromine. It is not dehydration, I drink over 2 litres a day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161113-074946.png
    Screenshot_20161113-074946.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 760
Last edited: