Duromine and Other Medications

When do you take Duromine?

• Daily

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Yes, it's okay to take it every day other day.

Definitely ok to take every other day.

What strength are you on @MarieJMJ ?

Just wondering is anyone on enpo (Amitriptyline)? Was supposed to start it for migraine prevention but the pharmacist just told me it caused weight gain and advice?

KimJ said:
Just wondering is anyone on enpo (Amitriptyline)? Was supposed to start it for migraine prevention but the pharmacist just told me it caused weight gain and advice?
It's a anxiety med . My hubby takes it for that is sleep issues. Makes him sleepy as at night n slow waking up. He has gained weight from it n eats a lot :( There is another med they can prescribe for migraines n does OK with duro

HeatherA said:
It's a anxiety med . My hubby takes it for that is sleep issues. Makes him sleepy as at night n slow waking up. He has gained weight from it n eats a lot :( There is another med they can prescribe for migraines n does OK with duro
Ok that I’ll look into it

Just looked at hubby's . It's that a name like you asked :)

@KimJ I know I've seen ppl take topiramate ( Topamax) n duro

HeatherA said:
@KimJ I know I've seen ppl take topiramate ( Topamax) n duro
Your on the right tack through it can also be used as a ani depression med and anxiety med

KimJ said:
Your on the right tack through it can also be used as a ani depression med and anxiety med
He can't take duro as to many other meds :( but least he sleeps n less anxiety now but about 10kg in about 6-8m !

HeatherA said:
He can't take duro as to many other meds :( but least he sleeps n less anxiety now but about 10kg in about 6-8m !
Mmm I think I would gather put up with getting headaches

KimJ said:
Mmm I think I would gather put up with getting headaches
:( maybe ask for a different med . I researched when a new don't agree with hubby so I can suggest other meds for him :)

Does anyone know if it’s ok to take Maxault / rizatriptan wafers? Is ok to use whilst on duromine?

I have used Relpax which is a triptan but if I were you just call the poison line. I did the same thing because I wasn’t 100% sure.

buku said:
I have used Relpax which is a triptan but if I were you just call the poison line. I did the same thing because I wasn’t 100% sure.
Good idea! Thanks!

Reactions: buku
@Mikkis Or call your local pharmacy, the pharmacists know all that kind of thing as they are always dispensing them.

Mikkis said:
Does anyone know if it’s ok to take Maxault / rizatriptan wafers? Is ok to use whilst on duromine?
I take it while on it, the doctor didn’t say anything. I’ve been taking them just about every day I’ve been getting bad migraines

Sonik said:
I take it while on it, the doctor didn’t say anything. I’ve been taking them just about every day I’ve been getting bad migraines
yeah ive been struggling today with headaches and I know if I don’t jump on them straight away they turn into migraines and I can end up in emergency because I can’t deal with the pain

Mikkis said:
yeah ive been struggling today with headaches and I know if I don’t jump on them straight away they turn into migraines and I can end up in emergency because I can’t deal with the pain
oh no u poor thing:pensive: I had one yesterday and today cos I could feel it coming on I still take everything with them. I’m on a few different stuff and I said to the doctor can I still take them all with it? She was like yep I take codeine too.