• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Kate said:
Hi wenchy!
Well, that's a story! I mean so many fails and finally you've found your ideal way. Who knows why the pills work different this time? I think something has changed in your body, that's all.
I'll skip the part with your therapy, because obviously you do great so far, and move to exercising part. Though I cannot understand how people may not like exercises, since I can't live without moving, but we're all different.
I started to workout during my weight loss journey with duromine. I hired a personal coach so that my exercises were regular and correct. I think also, that personal coach is a good motivator & discipline. Even if I felt lazy and didn't want to go to gym, I knew he would wait me there, so.. Sense of responsibility LOL.
I know, it's kinda "expensive pleasure" , but worth it trust me. If your budget allows, you should try. Pros: coach will give you only exercises that fit you most; he/she will monitor your state (if you are sick for example, you may skip the workout or do some light exercises); motivate & encourage you so that you can achieve greater results.
Cons: high cost, strict schedule of workouts
I'm not propagandizing you this way of exercising, but sharing my experience only.

Best wishes! Kate

Thanks Kate! :)

I might look into a PT a little further down the track. I'm surprising myself with how diligent I've been on the AeroPilates and walking. That should keep me moving for a while. I'm able to work a little harder each time I exercise.

I hit the 2 week mark last Wednesday and to date have lost 3.8kg. I'm losing at a much slower rate this time, but I am also eating properly, whereas I wasn't the first time I used
Duromine. Perhaps the fact that I'm only taking them every second day might come into play with the losses as well.

As far as side effects go, I still get the dry mouth, even on the days I don't have a pill. Still get headaches every day, but they have become less intense. I've had only a couple of bouts of nausea. Yesterday was the first time I actually craved food. I wasn't hungry at all, just had the munchies. I resisted, which is unlike me. I've always been a 'happy' person on Duromine, but this time I am noticing periods of grumpiness. Snappy and moody for no reason at all. It comes and goes. (poor hubby!) At least I can recognise this myself, without having to be told. But mostly I am happy and feel a sense of well being.

All in all, I'm feeling OK and plan to continue on this journey with an open mind and a positive attitude. :)

Hi everyone, my names Kaela, I'm 19 almost 20 years old and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have always been a big girl and struggled with my weight. The smallest I've ever been as an teenager / adult was size 14. I've always been very self conscious and embarrassed about my body. It's the one thing that I've never been able to conquer, and it keeps me down, and holds me back from many opportunities because of my low confidence. I've tried many diets; detox's, tony ferguson, biggest loser, celebrity slim...etc, you name it and I've tried it and obviously, failed. Anyway, here is my story...

I was on duromine 30mg last year around January last year and I weighed 99.kg and I got down to 68kg over three months with healthy eating and exercising for 2-3 hours a day. Which was really great but after I had lost all that weight I found out my Mum had a cancerous tumor which was growing on the inside of her cheek, obviously it had started as something else and then spread...she had chemo to try and stop it but it was too late, we kept her at home because she never wanted to end up in hospital. So my Dad and I had to watch my Mum and his wife of 38 years fade away into nothing but skin and bones right in front of our eyes, it wasn't long until she couldn't eat, walk, drink, talk and even know what was going on around her. Obviously after she passed away November 6th 2012, I completely gave up healthy eating and took comfort in junk foods.

Now here I am, 108kg. Bigger than I have ever been, finding it hard to find motivation. But I am sick of being overweight, and being held down. Today I got a prescription for duromine 40mg, I'm going to give it another go because I know my Mum wouldn't like seeing me depressed about my weight and unhealthy. I will keep everyone updated. Wish me luck, this time round I will keep it off. xo

Good luck Kaela, I hope the both of us can reach our goals :)

Reactions: Kaela
Welcome here, dear! You are so pretty according to the photo, but I'm sure you know that;)

I wish you luck and strength both moral and physical because it's long and hard journey. But we can help you to find motivation and go on no matter what!

Reactions: Kaela
Hi there,
I have just joined this forum and I look forward to having people to talk to about weight loss and duromine. This is not my first time on duromine, but I plan for it to be my last! I have lost 9.1kg over the last couple of months (I wasn't taking duromine the whole time) and I still have 25.1kg to lose.\\

The main side effect that I have is the dry mouth, which can be annoying at times but I mostly find it helps me drink more water. I occasionally have trouble sleeping but it doesn't bother me as I feel fine the next day.

I weigh myself every Monday morning to track my weightloss, and I will hopefully be updating here every week.

I look forward to reading stories from others and hopefully I can offer some advise and support :)

I just realised that I didn't really say anything about myself!

I am 27 and happily married. I have 3 children, twin 5 year old boys and a 20 month old little girl.
I was a skinny child because I was very active and I wasn't much of a sweet tooth. As I got a bit older (about 12) I started eating junk and wasn't playing sport anymore so I gradually gained weight. I have pretty much been heavy ever since. I did manage to get down to about 75kg, but shortly after that I fell pregnant with my twins so that quickly changed. During my pregnancy I convinced myself that I could eat for 3, and I gained about 15kg.. which wouldn't have been too bad but then I continued to eat that way and gained another 30kg over the next couple of years. I don't know my exact weights over the years because I preferred to avoid the scales and keep my head in the sand. I do know that at one point I got to above 130kg. I tried healthy eating, atkins, weight watchers, tony ferguson.. they all work but I never stuck at them for long enough. My first time on duromine I started at 122kg, I got down to 100.1kg and I was a lot fitter. Then I completely lost control when I had my nephews 2nd birthday party at my house.. I stopped taking the duromine because I felt it was a waste if I was going to eat junk. This was in late November last year, so soon after I started all of my annual Christmas baking and had social events to attend, then my father that lives in Singapore was here visiting for a month so I just didn't want to think about what I was eating. I then convinced myself that because my boys were soon to start school I shouldn't worry about it and should just make the most of my time with them. I started back on duromine a couple of months ago when I was 114kg (so I had gained back 14kg!!) last Mondays weigh in saw me at 104.1kg so I am heading in the right direction again and I am hopeful that I will stick to it this time! I really want to take part in fun runs for charity and I love doing Relay for Life and pushing myself to see how many hours I can walk, so my fitness is important to me. I am joining my local gym with a friend next week so I hope that will motivate me to get back into the exercise side of things because so far I have been struggling to do much.

When I feel like giving up I remind myself that if I hadn't given up last time then I would most likely be at my goal weight by now instead of starting again and having to regain my fitness.

Hello, Julz! Welcome to our family!:laughing:

I'm pretty sure many girls from the forum are familiar with the same situation as yours. I remember the time when I was around your age and thinking th esame way about food and diets... kids... I know, when you have them (twins in your case!) they go on the 1st place. Seems you are a food addict, as many of us are. No worries, since you now realize that things must be changed. Let me ask you one question: is your daily menu different now when you started taking the pills again? Because you know it is important. I hope so.

Well, I am glad that you have your goal now and you will do great! Good luck!

ps. if you need advice just ask;)

Thanks for the welcome Kate :)

Yes, us mums quickly become the lowest priority to ourselves but I am starting to realise that taking care of me benefits my family also. I am definitely a food addict, emotional and boredom eating are my main struggles.. and food choices of course. My menu sure has changed, after years of different diets I know what I should be eating, I just find it hard to stick to most of the time. I think that is why the duromine helps me, because I don't feel like I want the food as much I am more likely to eat what I should be eating instead of what I want to eat.

I have found that calorie counting is the best way for me to lose weight, and although I no longer count the calories that I am having I know the general amount in everything I eat and have a rough idea on how much I should/shouldn't eat for my remaining meals for the day. I don't like the idea of cutting out food groups from your diet because your body needs all of them.

JulzRulz said:
I don't like the idea of cutting out food groups from your diet because your body needs all of them.

Exactly. That's what I keep saying to ladies, who are trying to change their menu and sometimes instead of healthy eating and dividing meals into 4-5 small meals, barely eat something, or even worse - end up starving, which is totally wrong!o_O
I see no problem for you to lose as much weight as you want, since you realize such important things. Glad you're here, sharing your experience and ideas!:)

Thank you Tash and Kate, I ended up starting on Monday 2nd September, so far I have lost 3 kilo's :) All within four days.

Reactions: Kate
Wow good job. Do you mind telling me what you do everyday (food and exercise) because I'd love to achieve the same results as that! :)

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I lost my mum to cancer on 6th January 2012 and I completely understand how it can totally derail your life.

Good on you for getting back on the horse and getting back into being healthy! Try not to be too hard on yourself, we have all been to that place where we seek comfort in food. One thing that I have found that can help is to focus on fitness rather than weightloss, obviously diet is important but you only need to think about your diet when you are preparing food to eat and if you are anything like me you end up thinking about it all the time. By focusing on my fitness I have found that it is a lot more rewarding to think about how many kilometres, crunches or minutes you have achieved than to think of what you may have worked off or how many calories you have burnt. It is amazing how good you feel when you hit fitness goals as well as weightloss goals :)

One of my favourite things when it comes to fitness and exercise is participating in Relay for Life, you don't have to be fit to be in it but you can push yourself to see how many laps or hours you can do during the event and it is also a great way to remember your mum and raise money for Cancer research, prevention, education and support :)

Good luck! I look forward to hearing how you go over the coming weeks and months.

Starting Weight: 114kg
Last Weigh in (Tuesday 10th) : 102.9

I managed to lose 1.2kg last week which I am pretty happy about as I only did a couple of walks and some kicking the footy and shooting hoops with hubby and the kids :)
I started at the gym this week! I didn't have my appointment with a trainer to plan a work out program until this morning so I just went in on Tuesday and Wednesday and got on the treadmill for a bit over an hour. I am very excited to start on my program which will be targeting all muscle groups mixed with a bit of cardio and strength training to work on my knees and back so that I can start having less trouble with them. I will also be doing just cardio on the days between my 'work out' days :)

My next relay for life is on 19th/20th October so I have 36 days to build up my fitness as much as I can so I can push myself to my full abilities! I want to be under 100kg for the relay and I want to be able to jog some laps instead of just waking. The last relay I participated in was very disappointing as I had put my back out so I had to walk very slowly and not for too long while I was popping pain meds but the one before that I managed to walk about for a total of about 15 hours out of the 18 hour event so I would love to push myself to at least match that! It's going to hurt but the achievement that I know I will feel afterwards is more than worth it :laughing:

Reactions: Karen D
Hi Kaela, I see that you haven't posted recently, I hope you're still with it! I am a similar weight to you and my goal is to reach 70kg. So I guess I am wanting the same results as you! If you are still online and using Duromine i'd love to talk to you.

Hoping all has gone well :)

Hi :)
I had my son may last year , I gained about 14kgs I weighed 84kgs the day after I gave birth .... I lost about 5 kgs straight away , but obviously it was just fluid lol... the remainder didn't budge and I felt so disgusting ... I started Duromine/generic brand in dec 13 , by mid January I was down to 71kgs, I stopped for a while to have a break from the tablets , I begun again around mid feb and lost another 3 kgs .. only to put it back on again .. so here we are again back on the tabs .... day 3 and I lost 2.1kgs so now I weigh 68kgs... I am walking everyday for an hr to the point where sweat is dripping off me , such a lovely look lol

My goal was to be be 65 by my 30th Birthday in april but that doesn't seem likely ..but we will see.

You may think I am light but my body is horrible after having 3 kids, I know it will never be the same again , I just want to feel and look good .

Reactions: JennyGordonii
Hi, bubbles!
Yes, I understand you so well. After having kids our body never be the same...well, I try to see positive moments in it - you have your beautiful angels! And if you workout and take care of your body, it actually can look better, close to the one you wish to have. It's not easy, well, who said it would be easy?;)
But I think you can do it, since you've already lost weight. Give it some time!

You can do it! Good for you with the exercise as well. I'm walking too.....but not as much as you. I'm building myself up to longer walks. When's your Birthday? I'm an April girl too!

Reactions: bubbles1984
:) Thanks ladies , It has been hard to do exercise cos I hate it lol i put my headphones in and blast my favourite daggy songs and just do it lol
I started doing shorter walks too , i was very unfit ,still not exactly fit hahaha , my bday is on the 3rd when is yours ? .How long have you been on the tabs for ?

Yes, music helps a lot. Me too, I hated exercises first, but then I hired a trainer, so he did most of it lol I mean he forced me to do, so I had to exercise. Unfortunately it's pretty expensive... But now I keep exercising from time to time on my own, feel great because it's like work for me now)) Just got used to it
Anyways, everybody's different and finds his bets way to train the body. Walks are good too. Hope you feel fine and enjoy the nature while walking outside!
ps. I was on the pills for a year (couple of breaks) and the next year was struggling with the rest weight I had to lose, and it was very hard for me! Oh well, I went through this and my weight is stable now.

I'm the 11th. I've only been back on them for 12 days. I had lots of problems with side effects. With the 30 mg it was lots of headaches for days and days. I drank 3-4 liters of water a day but it didn't help. So I went off them. It was 3 months later and I decided to try them again. I didn't get any headaches this time. So I'm staying on them.