• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine and Health Issues

alacrity

alacrity

Standard Member
May 15, 2014
I have been on 15mg for nearly a week and it has been working well, today was a bit of a struggle, my appetite is coming back so now it is a battle in my mind. But I have no energy or inclination to exercise, and if I do anything physical I get very hot and sweaty and feel like I have run a marathon. (never actually run in my life!) What's going on?

Hi, I am glad to hear your first week went well! Make sure you eat healthy so your blood sugar does not drop (low GI works for me), that may be the reason you are feeling tired.
As far as the exercise is concerned, baby steps at a time, especially if you are a bit unfit. Stretches is good as well as pilates.

Good luck:)

Blood sugars are all good, I have diabetes. I was hoping for some energy but have less than usual. Could be because I am eating less. I am starting to get hungry though which isn't a great sign

Being hungry is a great sign! It is the bodies way of telling you that it needs fuel. Remember, to graze through the day, I always keep almonds with me just to eat when I can. Have fruit as well, it a huge benefit to your refuelling the body. Are you eating healthy? This is the hardest decision to make, and also the hardest habit to break. I convinced myself I was eating healthy, when in fact I was just kidding myself which meant I was getting nowhere fast, and feeling frustrated with the lack of results. So as long as you are really eating healthy then you are beating the inner demons at the game they know how to play. It's hard, no one ever said this was going to be easy.

Drink heaps of water as well, one thing you have to remember is this, your brain has two trigger mechanisms, 1. Hunger and 2. Thirst. Now, these two parts of the brain that that recognise these feelings are right next to each other and are central inside the old grey matter, so in fact, you may feel hunger, but in reality your body is craving water. Remember, your body has now upped itself with Duromine which is working your body just that little bit harder so it is needing to replace it with water.

Once you drink water, the brain doesn't recognise this immediately and it requires a little while for it to register that is was water it needed, not a food substance. You may drink a whole bottle of water straight up and the brain will still think it's hungry, but after 10 mins or so, that hunger will transfer into a full sensation.

With your exercise, go for a slow walk, heck, just go outside and walk up the street to the corner and back. Walk 100 meters and turn around and head back. As long as you are doing something that is out of the norm from what you did previous to starting to want to lose weight then all is okay. It seems you are focusing too much, and not allowing time to just let time take its course. Like it was suggested, baby steps are needed right now, remember this is a lifestyle change not a 3 month quick fix. The best and most stable/successful weightless is over a period of 1-2 years.

The best thing you have going for you right now, is just laying all your cards on the table and keep telling it how it is. Keep it real, keep it real for us, so people can support you. There are awesome moderators on here that want you to succeed. :)
Rock on, stay fab :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! Thanks Lanny!! It is such a struggle. And you are completely right. I am wanting results yesterday. I think in my mind I figure that I have been trying to lose weight for so many years and now I am eating the right foods and the right portions it should happen really quickly. I am super grumpy and now I can feel the effects running out by lunch time, but when I eat I ponly want a little bit so that is great. I am not really drinking anything except for cups of tea. I don't feel like drinking but I guess I need to force myself to. I am really loving this forum, it's so supportive and informative. Thanks

Reactions: Lanny Edey
All good mate, we are human. We make decisions that down the track come back to bite us on the butt!

DO you drink Green Tea? I would also say you need to bite the bullet and start drinking more water. I never drank much water, years ago, but it is the greatest dehydrating liquid. Why? because our bodies are 97% water, and it flushes out toxins. I tell ya what! You are going to go through some tough patches, real tough patches, and in all honesty, you are going to lose a battle or two along the way. But, it's not how you lose them, it's about how you deal with them when they happen and how to refocus and find that inner strength again to keep focused and push through the anger and disappointment.

Remember, you said for years you struggled, just remember, it takes 1 week to know what you need to do, it takes 7 weeks to break a habit, it takes 12 weeks to understand why you broke that habit, it takes 25 weeks to see big changes, it takes 52 weeks to mentally stop seeing yourself as overweight and normal and it takes 104 weeks to prove to yourself that what you now have is a new lifestyle with solid foundations and a healthy future.
Rock on, stay fab ;-)

Reactions: Fatty33
How do you know all this stuff Lanny? I don't drink green tea as I can't tolerate caffeine :(

Hi,

I suffer with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Depression so I am taking the pill as well as anti-depressants which has resulted in me being overweight. I started taking the Duromine (30mg every second day) 2 weeks ago now and I have also cut down my anti-depressants from 100mg to 50mg to help with the weight loss. In the first week of taking Duromine I had lost 2.5kg however the second week I have gained 1 kg and I have not done anything different, other than the fact that I have a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) at the moment and am taking antibiotics which is making me feel a little bloated, which I already felt anyway having PCOS.

I have a pretty good diet. Although I have a treat every now and then, on a daily basis I generally eat very little and healthily. I am not completely sedentary however I can't establish an exercise regime as I am preparing for final exams and I am extremely busy with school. I'm just very disheartened by this because my diet is very good and very little and I just do not understand why I'm not losing the amount of weight I should be. With my PCOS, it was absolutely impossible for me to lose weight, so the fact that I lost 2.5 kg in the first week but then gained a kilo back the next week is really getting me down as I thought I had found the answer. I'm sick of people looking at me as if I just sit down and stuff my face with food when I know for sure that my weight problem all comes down to health problems, which outsiders are never going to consider.

I would just like to know if there is absolutely anything else I can do to help with the weight loss given my circumstances. I do not understand why I have gained 1 kg as my diet has not changed since the first week and I really would like some help right now... I need to lose 32kg and my PCOS is really making things difficult. I really thought the Duromine would be the answer to all of this, but truthfully I am disappointed at the moment with the 1 kg gain and am desperate for any means of advice or any tips because my health and my weight is controlling my life.

Thanks in advance for anyone who took the time to read this and is willing to help me :)

Danni said:
I suffer with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Depression so I am taking the pill as well as anti-depressants which has resulted in me being overweight. I started taking the Duromine (30mg every second day) 2 weeks ago now and I have also cut down my anti-depressants from 100mg to 50mg to help with the weight loss. In the first week of taking Duromine I had lost 2.5kg however the second week I have gained 1 kg and I have not done anything different, other than the fact that I have a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) at the moment and am taking antibiotics which is making me feel a little bloated, which I already felt anyway having PCOS.

I have a pretty good diet. Although I have a treat every now and then, on a daily basis I generally eat very little and healthily. I am not completely sedentary however I can't establish an exercise regime as I am preparing for final exams and I am extremely busy with school. I'm just very disheartened by this because my diet is very good and very little and I just do not understand why I'm not losing the amount of weight I should be. With my PCOS, it was absolutely impossible for me to lose weight, so the fact that I lost 2.5 kg in the first week but then gained a kilo back the next week is really getting me down as I thought I had found the answer. I'm sick of people looking at me as if I just sit down and stuff my face with food when I know for sure that my weight problem all comes down to health problems, which outsiders are never going to consider.

I would just like to know if there is absolutely anything else I can do to help with the weight loss given my circumstances. I do not understand why I have gained 1 kg as my diet has not changed since the first week and I really would like some help right now... I need to lose 32kg and my PCOS is really making things difficult. I really thought the Duromine would be the answer to all of this, but truthfully I am disappointed at the moment with the 1 kg gain and am desperate for any means of advice or any tips because my health and my weight is controlling my life.

Thanks in advance for anyone who took the time to read this and is willing to help me :)
Hi Danni, don't get disheartened by your weight going back up. Its most likely just your bodies water fluctuations and will probably keep doing it all the way through your duromine journey. Plus anything you lose in that first one to two weeks will all be water related. If your doing everything you need to be doing, you will start to see the scales declining with actual body fat loss. Stay on your feet as much as you can cause everything your body does when its not still, all counts when it comes to weight loss. The stricter you are with your diet, the better, and lots of water. I hope all goes well for you and you reach your goals. :)

Reactions: Kate
Hi Danni! It is absolutely normal to lose that weight in the first week and then gain some back! The first 2.5kgs were water retention and then as you increase ur water intake ur organs start to re-absorb it! However eating very little does not help! U need to make sure you are having 6 small meals a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack! Make sure ur last snack is not past 7pm at night as then ur body will not burn it off! Also u must do a bit of exercise to help u! At least 30mins walking 3 times a week! This will also help u clear ur head and do better with ur exams! Hope this helps and good luck!!!

misshell said:
Hi Danni,
Yeah, fitting in exercise with my studying is very difficult but on the weekends especially I try to keep on my feet. Thanks so much for your positivity and advice :)

CMK said:
Hi Danni! It is absolutely normal to lose that weight in the first week and then gain some back! The first 2.5kgs were water retention and then as you increase ur water intake ur organs start to re-absorb it! However eating very little does not help! U need to make sure you are having 6 small meals a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack! Make sure ur last snack is not past 7pm at night as then ur body will not burn it off! Also u must do a bit of exercise to help u! At least 30mins walking 3 times a week! This will also help u clear ur head and do better with ur exams! Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Yeah that's very true.. I do exercise on the weekend but I will have to try to fit some in during the week also. And you're right in saying that eating little doesn't really fix everything. Thanks a lot for your advice :laughing:

Hi, Danni
No matter what other people say, those who lost weight or those who have no idea about this, exercises are important. Unofrtunately or fortunately, depends on what kind of person you are. Personally I always loved to exercise, but used to have someproblems with that.

Now, all I can say is that CMK is so right saying about six small meals and everything else. Lots of people just find excuses not to exercise and still they expect to lose weight. But it's ridiculous - how can you lose fat tissue and tighten the skin afterwards if not exercising at least a bit? We are all lazy people by nature))) Hope you will find time and forces to walk in the evening for 30 minutes, because it helps. I know you can do it, just don't be discouraged because of losing/gaining. Like it's been said - water comes off.

Plus, it is important HOW and WHEN you weigh yourself. The best way - weigh yourself in minimum clothes in the morning before breakfast. If you weigh yourself in the evening - you have all that food inside, so it adds some grams.
Follow your plan, I'm sure it'll work better soon. Good luck!

And stay with us! ;)

Hi all!

Am experiencing my first menses/period while on Duromine and am having some unusual 'occurrences' for example, slightly heavier flow with cramps (which I never had before Duromine). My period stopped after the 3rd day and came back in blood clots next day and now its stopped again. My period typically lasts for 6 days, with light flow to spotting through the end. Never had a 'stop' day or ending so abruptly.

I did google about whether Duromine impacts on menses in anyway and I get mixed information. So am wondering if any of you girls have similar experience with me? Should I worry? I am even thinking of coming of Duromine for a few days to see if my menses has really completed its course but am afraid I may disrupt the positive effects of Duromine.

Any suggestions?

Weight loss, exercise and even lifestyle changes can effect your hormonal balance. Personally I have always had a "light" cycle, but since starting Duromine it sometimes lasts for only a day - I do not complain about that at all! I guess as long as you feel good and do not have any underlying feminine health problems, you can just see how it goes next month. If you are worried you should see your doctor, he will be able to give you the best advise.

My weight fluctuated with up to 4 kgs in a week. Told doctor about this - he had my blood-sugar tested, and guess what? Type 2 diabetic. Now that I am taking the tablets to help reduce my sugar level, the cm's is also coming off much easier!

Hi All,

Im a tad nervous bout starting duromine tomorrow, ive never tried them before, read all posts in regards to it.. Worried as my blood pressure was a bit high when I went to the doctors, but doctor still gave them to me and told me come back in 2 weeks.. Wondering if anyone else has had this..
I think it might be nerves and stress...
Hope so..

Reactions: Melmo
I have been on duromine now for 3.5 weeks on 30 mgs. My sister has start this week on 15 mgs and her doc has asked her to go back in a weeks time as her blood pressure was a little high.

She is going fine though no dramatic aide effects. You may feel a little funny the first couple of days like a but of a buzz but that's normal. If you have read the forums you obviously know about the other common side effects like headaches and being thirsty.
If you experience anything else then best to go and see your doc again.

But I'm sure you'll be right :) remember to rake it early in the morning (i take mine around 7am weekdays and even as late as 9:30 am on weekends with no issuw with sleep) eat healthy and drink plenty of water

:)

Have you lost much on the 30mgs? Doctor has put me on 30mgs to, I have to go back in 2 weeks and check again..

Ok cool, im a bit scared but I guess that's normal when trying something new..

Yeah im going to take it about 5.30am and then go back to bed.. haha

They say the earlier u take it, that it wont keep u awake is that true?? Sorry for the million questions, im just nervous... :) :(

Feel free to ask a million and one questions!! I insist.

In the past I was given duromine after asking for it and it was 30 mg and I did have issues sleeping but I didn't take it constantly. This time round I've had no issue with sleeping but I do wonder if it's because a couple years ago I would take other substances that keep you awake and I learnt to sleep on them. But yes generally the earlier you take it the better once you are a little used to it then maybe you can change the time you take it if it suits you better.

Week 1 I lost 3.2kgs, week 2 I lost 300grams, week 3 I lost 1.3kgs. I'm half way through week 4 (so 3.5 weeks on D) and I had a cheeky mid week weigh in yesterday morning and have now lost a total of 5.2kgs.

I will weigh in again on Saturday, my weigh in day. I'm also due to go back to the docs and really hoping I'll get another script.