Duromine And Exercise

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your physical challenges - I hope your knee recovers without having to endure another op. Have you considered a weights program? lifting weights can be great exercise and very effective in increasing metabolism.
Cheers :)

Melbourne Girl said:
Hi there

Needing a little help. I started duromine 5 days ago and need some help with exercises. I broke my leg this year in two places and as a result, have a metal plate screw to my tibia. I also did a lot of damage to my knee in the same accident (MCL tear, miniscus tear). I have had two surgeries (one to install hardware and another to remove one screw that was placed in the ankle for the smaller break). I have been told no running, jogging or fast movements. No kneeling on my knee or doing anything where my knee may pop out.

I have another appointment with my surgeon in 5 months to discuss a reco for my MCL tear if it doesn’t heal on it’s own. As you can see, I don’t have many exercises I can do (that I know of). I was in a wheel chair for four months (I hurt my other ankle too but only soft tissue damage) and put on a ton of weight as a result. I didn’t start properly walking until October (a month ago).

Any ideas on exercises apart from walking and cycling?

TIA

Hello Melbourne girl! I am so sorry for the accident and all the pain you have to endure… Exercising will certainly help you cope with weight gain. There is lots of training aid on youtube for people in wheelchairs, and these trainings do not require you moving your legs and are very careful with the loads, so that you don’t feel any pain. You can even find Zumba in wheelchair, boxing workouts, aerobics, which look very fun. =) I am not placing any particular videos in here, because I am sure that you will be able to find something that fits your taste. Best of luck and my applause to you for making the decision to become stronger and healthier! Don’t give up!

Melbourne Girl, how is your Duromine journey going?

Yes, every one should be health conscious like you. I follow your footsteps.