Duromine And Exercise

Feefee

Standard Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi all,
I've been taking duromine for 5 weeks and lost 4.5kg which I'm really happy with. I believe that a slow but steady loss is good for long term weight loss. I'm a sporty person and love a high intensity workout like a boxing class. I wear a heart rate monitor and I've noticed that my heart rate is a lot higher and I'm smashing through the calories. My heart rate is normally around 180 bpm during a class but it's been going up past 190 bpm where I'm slowing myself down to try and reduce it. I'm just wandering how high I can let it get before it's unsafe. I'm a fit healthy person who has normal stats. I've exercised a min 4 times a week for as long as I can remember. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your posts I enjoy reading them.

Joe Classy

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Adelaide
Congrats FeeFee (Fifi?),
I haven't worn a heart rate monitor for some of the exercise I do (squash and skating), but I did notice a couple of times being more lethargic, but I put that down to the reduced calorie intake rather than 'doing more' in the same amount of time.

ashleyyelhsa

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs.
My main concern/worry is the increased heart rate.
Ive been going to the gym the last few months regularly, and I usually do HIIT workouts or interval training which can get my heart rate quite high, can be up to around 190 and I sweat like crazy (which is good haha)
But when i start taking duromine and my heart rate increases, should i be doing my usual work out routine? Im worried my heart rate will get too high and something bad will happen like a heart attack. Or should i just be doing low intensity workouts.
I dont drink any coffee etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so im completely informed before I begin.
Thanks!

Feefee

Standard Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi,
I was really suprised how much my heart rate went up while on Duromine. It's like taking party drugs and then going off to the gym. Not something I would do myself so it's a hard one. Because it's something you can by from a chemist it's seems ok to do it but really it has the same effect on your body like the raised heart rate. For this reason I would wear a heart rate monitor, if you don't have one I'd get one as they are a great way to monitor your heart rate and calories burnt which is always great motivation for next time. I pretty much stopped exercising while I was taking duromine because the kids were on school holidays and I still lost 6kg so it will still work without the exercise. With this in mind start slow and see how you feel, I felt like my lungs couldn't get enough oxygen to support how fast my heart was pumping while exercising hard so I just toned it down. I was still burning more cals. One thing I did notice was when I exercised I wanted to eat a lot more so I found it better energy in v's energy out to not exercise too hard because I then felt I needed more food to make up for it. It's all trial and error, what worked for me won't necessarily work for someone else. Give your body a chance to settle into taking the duromine as it fires your body up for a while, lack of sleep, raised heart rate, dry mouth, slight anxiety. If you focus of the food and cut that right back you will lose weight. I was taking it over the Xmas holidays where I'm camping and celebrating which is when I norm put on weight and I still lost weight. It will work if you watch what you eat.
Hope that has helped.
If you want anymore questions answered let me know.
Good luck

Fee