Duromine And Alcohol

C

CK girl

Standard Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi all

I just need some advise I am on day 3 of Duromine (80kg - 155cm - 43 years) and I have a friend's birthday in Saturday night. I plan to have a couple of drinks (I know I shouldn't). My question is should I keep taking the tablet that day (6am) or should I skip it on this day.

Also how long does it take for the tablets to start taking affect? I see some people say they have no appetite at all but I am on day 3 nd feel hungry throughout the day. Today I have had 1 piece of grain toast with thin spread of avocado and 1 boiled egg, morning two was 1 boiled egg, lunch was 100g grilled chicken with cos lettuce, cherry tomato and some avo and dinner was 80g steak, asparagus & brocollini. I Am drinking over 2-3 ltrs water too.

Thanks for your advise.

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hello, CK girl

Of course no medication should be combined with alcohol. But if you can't resist. Maybe you should skip one or two doses in a row so that Duromine was no longer in your system. This way at least you can avoid side effects. But beware of that hunger that comes after you had a drink. I know what I'm saying - when you drink alcohol your appetite increases dramatically, and what's more important - you cannot control your portions because your body is relaxed. Well, I hope you will hold on even during this party. Good luck and be smart!

Reactions: MARETTE and Crazyme
Crazyme

Crazyme

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Hello, CK girl

Of course no medication should be combined with alcohol. But if you can't resist. Maybe you should skip one or two doses in a row so that Duromine was no longer in your system. This way at least you can avoid side effects. But beware of that hunger that comes after you had a drink. I know what I'm saying - when you drink alcohol your appetite increases dramatically, and what's more important - you cannot control your portions because your body is relaxed. Well, I hope you will hold on even during this party. Good luck and be smart!
Try taking a spritzer (wine mixed with soda - and DRY wine with less sugar). You will still feel as if you are having a drink and can be sociable but the alcohol will be much less. And be very cautious of the "Light"wines you get lately. The alcohol is a little bit less - 3% - but the sugar content is a lot higher.

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
And yes, forgot to mention the calories that most alcohol drinks contain. Good point, Audrey!
CK girl, now you have one good recipy of light drink ;) Have fun!

C

CK girl

Standard Member
Jun 29, 2015
Thank you Kate and Audrey for your feedback. I contemplated not going at all so not to drink but it is for one of my best friends 40th so I can't miss it. Audrey - love the spritzer idea plus I was planning on eating before I went so not to be tempted by food.

Reactions: Kate