• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi MsSv6. Wow you must be really happy with your weightloss so far! I can only hope that my scales reflect the same sort of loss! I just started today so am new to this. I dont have a great deal to loose either but im only 158cm so every kilo shows. I weigh 68kg atm. Would love to get to 62 to stRt. Look forward to following your journey.

Hi I just started with Duramine last Sunday. My doctor was suggesting Bariatric surgery because he thought he already previously prescribed me with Duromine. When i mentioned that I haven't tried it yet, he prescribed me with a two-month course. I also enrolled at a local gym to help me exercise. I hope you can share your experiences with me. Thanks. I really want to know what I need to look forward to

hi, what strength did you get put on? 15mg, 30mg or the 40mg? that will help me offer some advice, also surgery sounds exreme, dont agree to that until you try Duromine..

hi everyone... I'm just starting out on my first ever try of duromine. I started three days ago now with the weigh in of 87.4. This morning I was on 87.1. The only crazy side effect I'm experiencing is the sleeping issue- I've been lucky to get 2 hours of broken sleep each night so far. I'm not exhausted just feel a bit tired. Drinking 3-4l of water a day and I'm struggling to eat. I
Def notice a massive decrease in my appetite. I still feel hungry at times of the day but I can't seem to eat much at all. I'm keeping my meals high protein,
Healthy fats and low carb and no sugar. I hope I see results. Can anyone tell me about their experience and when they started to notice weight loss and whether there's anything that helped them along their journey? Thanks kindly :)

hi all!
Luckily stumbled across this pg, just started duromine 30mg today. Have felt fine, wouldn't really say anything different to normal - even appetite wise?! Will see how I go as the days go on and hopefully the weight comes off!! I have 2 beautiful little girls, a 3 yr old and my bub just turned 1!! It's time to find me again though as I am now at my heaviest ever - sitting at 97kgs :( 20 kgs off my pre babies weight!! Am really hoping Duromine can help me out! Dr has me going back for fortnightly visits to weigh in... Which I think will be a good thing and keep me accountable! How much do you think I will lose in the 3 months I'm on it?

Hi Tan, good luck with the weight loss!

Just make sure your diet and exercises plan is stable and you can lose even 1 kg per week. However, it depends on the person and his body. If I tell you that you can lose up to 3-5 per month then you would probably be disappointed if you don't, so set realistic goals, watch how your body reacts and don't weigh yourself too often - just once a week, or month if you are really patient ;). Go on and be proud of every single kg you lose!

Reactions: Tan
Yes too true! Good advice there! Think weigh in will be once a wk- I wouldn't be able to hold out to once a month I go to gym classes 3/4 times a wk and aiming to drink more water this wk and we'll see what happens for first wk...

All the best Tan, I'm on Day 5, 96.5kg, want to get to 65. We can do it! :)

Hi, I'm on Day 5. I'm a bit like you with the sleep thing, but am just going with the flow and am keeping focused, I hope you get some good sleep soon. I'll keep in touch. My weigh in is on Monday. :)

Lidz said:
Hi, I'm on Day 5. I'm a bit like you with the sleep thing, but am just going with the flow and am keeping focused, I hope you get some good sleep soon. I'll keep in touch. My weigh in is on Monday. :)
thanks for the post... good luck on your journey. so far i'm on day 6 now and i'm weighing in at 85.9 from 87.4. I notice the days i consume enough food are the days i don't have any or much weightloss. I need to keep my meals up with the 1200 calories. how about you? have you found anything to work for your body? Thank goodness after day 3 i started to sleep again. i must say im shocked so far i was expecting worse side effects. I'm looking fwd to your weigh in! Good luck :)

Reactions: Lidz
Aw, thanks, it's nice to be in touch with someone on this journey, as I haven't told any friends I am doing this! I'll keep an eye on the 1200 thing.
The other night I put in the oven:
Chicken breast in 2cm cubes, zucchini, red capsicum, pumpkin, red onion, paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt, pepper, a little bit of olive oil and roasted it for 30-45 mins on 180. Then you serve it up with natural yoghurt and lemon juice, stirred in. It's so yummy:)
Apparently it's from the Paleo Diet, a friend who is a Cooking Teacher was telling me about it. I wasn't trying to specifically do this diet, but she said it was a great one for her and her kids when she's out of time. I thought it'd be cool to have some new recipes out of this journey, that are healthy......
I made some a few nights ago, and have been having a boiled egg, apple, banana and then a small bowl of this chicken dish for the last few days. I also had a cup of soup packet the other day. I don't know if it adds up to 1200 cals, but I feel as though I'm getting most of the food groups, and it keeps my tummy in order and healthy. It's been awesome just having it there ready to heat up. Do you think that's okay what I am doing? The weight seems to be coming off, so I might stick with it. You're weight loss is inspiring, I can't wait to be at 85.9!!!

Reactions: MummyK
oh thats sounds yummy i'm going to try this recipe thanks heaps for that... my dr told me calorie intake is diff for everyone. she recommend i sit at 1200 as its easier for me to lose weight on and teaches me to be mindful of what im putting into my mouth. i must say day 6 now and although the tablets are helping suppress my usual hunger for naughty snacks i feel i'm already gaining the will power to continue on this journey even once i stop taking it. i think the most important thing is to just eat healthy food and probably best to eat from most food groups just in moderation. i'be chosen to adopt a low carb, no sugar, high healthy fats and high protein lifestyle diet simply bc i know my body responds well to it and my dr supports it. It's not going to be easy but we can do it. nothing worthwhile in life comes easy. we just have to keep going, one week will turn into two weeks, two weeks will turn into a month and before you know it a month will be 2 months... think about what we can achieve in 2 months? weight loss and gaining good health. i haven't told anyone either. Not even my husband. I'm constantly living life for everyone else around me and i want this to be something i can do with no ones negative opinions. So i'm happy to have met you, i hope we can motivate eachother to continue this journey... :)

Oh that's great, I'm glad you are going to try it. It does seem to sort of fit into what you like- no carb, or sugar, high protein etc. I'll try and think of some others too, and let me know if you can recommend anything:) I guess my calorie intake would be a bit higher, as I weigh more, wouldn't it. But I feel as though the food I've been eating has been just the right amount, although I admit, I've had to remind myself to eat today, as I'm not as hungry. I like the way you describe one week turns into two etc. Yes, you are right, before i/we know it, three months will be up, and hopefully on New Years Eve, I won't be making the 'must lose weight' resolution, that I think I've probably made for the last 10 years?!
I didn't tell my friend who gave me the recipe, and yes, like you, I don't want negative opinions, about whether or not it's a good idea to take it or not. I understand why you haven't told your husband, and so I'm glad that you have started to sleep again!
I guess part of me is really looking forward to having people saying nice things, and noticing that I've lost weight, once I really start to look different. People are always nice to me and say I look nice, but I'm looking forward to having that 'wow' factor coming back. I don't look terrible at the moment, I dress well to cover my weight- but I can't wait until I don't have to do that anymore, and I can feel happier with myself. Getting a bit deep here:) Thanks for being in contact, and I look forward to hearing more about your journey too:)

Reactions: raeanne
I totally understand. I feel exactly the same. Wow! It's nice to share the journey with you.
I have a lot of great recipe ideas. A few favs; make a bolognese sauce full of veggies grated or finely diced I like to use mushrooms, onions, eggplant, zucchini and slow cook with your choice of meat (mince) then instead of pasta i use a potato peeler and peel long strips of zucchini. The soft part of the zucchini is what I use inside the sauce as it can't be peeled it falls apart. Once the sauce is ready carefully place the zucchini strips into the sauce and cook for a few mins. You have a carb free pasta option ;)
The other recipe I like is I prepare beef burger patties once again I grate zucchini and whatever other veggies I have in drive then I add the egg into the meat and veggie mix, roll into balls and let set in fridge. Once they are ready to cook. I grill the large portobello mushrooms and cook the beef patties. Once all cooked I use the
Mushrooms as my bun and fill with my meat and cheese, baby spinach etc. you have a carb free beef burger :)
Healthy, yummy and surprisingly really satisfying!
Happy to share more of my faves with you :)

Reactions: Janlai
Oh, they sound great, thanks so much! I think I'll try zucchini pasta tomorrow night:) I love meatballs too, that's awesome! Mmm and mushies. We are going to be even better cooks as well after this! Bless :)

How's it all going? I weighed in at 94.5 yesterday. I think I was really 97.5 when I started. Good luck:) Next weigh in is next Monday.

Wow good on you Hun. That's fantastic :) super exiting! I've come down with a terrible virus so I'm not being very active unfortunately... I'm on 83.8 currently, I think I was 87.5 from memory when i started... I'm still happy with the results. How are you feeling?

Just checking in as I've been on duromine for 2 weeks today and am 2.3kgs down. Just starting to feel a little disappointed after reading some other people's results but feel better after reading Kate's advice above, again! I suppose even just one kg a wk will get me to my goal of 12kgs off in 12 wks and get me to 85. (I'll then continue to work to 80 then 75!!) X

Reactions: DiaryofADuroDamzel
Hi Tan,

I have been on 30 mg for 2 weeks on Friday and have lost 2.4 kg.
have completely changed my diet and joined the gym. Worked really hard and was also a little upset at such a small loss. However it is sustainable. I will be less inclined to have a bad meal or binge after working so hard to get the weight off.
It is teaching me to make a lifestyle change and I already feel better eating clean.

Keep up the great work and here is to being happy and healthy:))

Yes very true Tmaree thanks for that! :) I like what Kate said above too, we need to be proud of every kg we lose!

Sounds like you are doing really well! I still need to tighten up my diet a bit but obviously not eating as much now. I love going to gym, I go to at least 3 classes during the wk at night when hubby is home to have our girls so I can go up and have some me time and I definitely feel better for it.

Look forward to checking in with you again X