• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
Hi Guys, thought I might jump in here as I started Yesterday, going ok, nothing major happening, not really even noticing decrease in appetite as some of you have. Would be good to try and have some others to help encourage us on our journey.

Thanks for the replies,

I agree duro-me, the more encouragement and support the better!
Well day one has been fine really, I'm going to post more over in the "experience with Duromine"section under the pirates diary our the pirate and Duromine, the pirate something...
Hour you've both had a great day!

Hi everyone

I found this forum whilst surfing around for information on Duromine. I live in JHB South Africa and as the title says - I am tempted, yet terrified to try Duromine.

I am probably the opposite of a hypochondriac as I HATE anything being wrong with me, and I HATE running to the doctors unless I absolutely need to do so. Along with this, as you can imagine, I HATE taking pills of any sort. I do not even take vitamins because I believe in getting nutrition from good food rather than a synthetic source (I am a biochemist which does not help my paranoia lol).

I started off at 120kg. Last year April 2012 (29th to be exact) I started the weight loss journey as I had officially reached my highest weight ever in the history of all my 36 years. So far I have lost 15kg and my weight is now steady at the 105kg mark. I achieved this by following the Paleo diet, but I had many cheats in between yet still managed to lose 15kg.

However, I am now feeling stuck. I seem to have this constant need to pick, pick, pick all day - even after having breakfast. Because of the picking, and usually on the wrong things as well, I am not losing and thankfully I am not gaining either.

My husband is currently taking Duromine 30mg and is doing super well. He has lost 10kg in 5 weeks, and is currently on the first week of his second box of Duromine. He has four months worth in the drawer... hence my temptation...

My other concern is that I have just come off four months of Roaccutane (been clear of Roaccutance for one month exactly). Apparently it takes up to six months to clear out of the system which makes me hesitant to go onto anything else.

Does anyone have any info or advice? Will Duromine help me stop picking? I want to try it, but gosh I am really so worried :(

Hello Poob!

First of all I would like to thank you for such pleasant reading, because I really enjoyed your literate style of writing!
Secondly, I understand your concern about the pills, because I am that kind of person who doesn't like to take medicines.
I used to believe that the best and most healthy way to get all nutrients, is food. But then I read that in order to get for example, enough of calcium, you need to eat
cottage cheese, cream, drink milk all day long and still, you will not get any closer to optimal amount for your body.
Well, yes most of vitamin complex contain a bunch of different vitamins that probably can't be mixed.

As far as I understood, your husband has no side effects and the result is good. However it doesn't mean the same for you.
Well, no one can guarantee you that duromine will stop you from picking, unless you try it.
What I do know is that duromine helped me and I reconsidered all my lifestyle since I started it for the first time.
It means that I changed my daily diet, added some exercises, later went to gym and hired personal coach...
Well, my family tried to support me too...but not for long) ) Kids love to eat snacks and different sweet stuff...

The problem is that many change their diet radically - I mean, they start taking Duromine and eating just fruits or vegetables...only it is not enough.
Although the body must lose weight, it still needs to get nutrients for energy, otherwise it leads to fatigue and weakness, as a result people drop the pills
and start eating even more than before.

I suggest you to read some more successful stories here on the forum and then decide. Everybody is different and has different opinion or experience.

Good luck and take care! :)

Kate

P.S. I am sorry for such long and boring (maybe?) reply. Was inspired by yours) ) )

Thank you for your reply Kate :)

Just after I posted this, I remembered that I may have to go in for surgery at the end of March. So I have decided to avoid the Duromine for now, or at least until I know if I will be in for surgery. The havoc that Duromine and anesthetic drugs could create is mind boggling, so rather safe than sorry. I don't want to start now and risk the drug being in my system even if I stop one week before going in.

I am going to keep visiting the forum as I am still on the fence either way. I will no doubt give it a 30 day trial once this surgery is over and done with though :laughing:

May I ask how long you took Duromine for, and at what strength?

Hi

This is my story:

I’m 33 years old and have been very active and an avid netball player all my life, till numerous injuries to my ankle necessitated me to have ligament reconstruction surgery June last year. So absolutely no exercise for almost a year.:mad:I started going to gym again, playing netball and squash the beginning of Feb but I also had my last cigarette on the 31 of Jan this year with the help of Champix.

So you can imagine. Everything tastes fantastic. It’s like I have discovered a whole world of new flavours and everything, even oats tastes fantastic. They say: “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”:rolleyes: clearly this person has not quit smoking (I think it was Kate Moss). Since the 1st of February, I have gained 8kg’s not to mention that which I gained before and during my recovery after my operation.

So this morning I woke up feeling bloated, fat and frankly unattractive and when I had to opt for a sports bra cause everything else was to tight I decided enough is enough! I do not want to gain another gram.

I have always believed exercise and a balanced diet is the way to go and still do, but with all this additional weight that I have gained, I realised that I needed help.

I called and managed to get an appointment with my doctor.

She was amazing and very empathetic as I sat crying my eyes out. She prescribed me Duromine 15mg for my first month and 30mg for the second month. Not knowing much about it I then came home and “Googled”it. So here I am.

My Stats are as follows:

Height 1.80m
My BMI according to the gym’s computer is 34%
Current Weight: 94kg

My goal weight is 72kg, this means that I have 22kg to loose.

So today, the 27 of February 2013 I dub “Duromine Eve” as tomorrow I unwrap my weight loss present and my journey to a happier me begins.

This is the first time that I have posted on a forum and I would like to share all my experiences and weight loss achievements with you.

So wish me luck as I start!!
22kg to go...going...gone:cool:

Nats

Nats said:
Hi

This is my story:

I’m 33 years old and have been very active and an avid netball player all my life, till numerous injuries to my ankle necessitated me to have ligament reconstruction surgery June last year. So absolutely no exercise for almost a year.:mad:I started going to gym again, playing netball and squash the beginning of Feb but I also had my last cigarette on the 31 of Jan this year with the help of Champix.

So you can imagine. Everything tastes fantastic. It’s like I have discovered a whole world of new flavours and everything, even oats tastes fantastic. They say: “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”:rolleyes: clearly this person has not quit smoking (I think it was Kate Moss). Since the 1st of February, I have gained 8kg’s not to mention that which I gained before and during my recovery after my operation.

So this morning I woke up feeling bloated, fat and frankly unattractive and when I had to opt for a sports bra cause everything else was to tight I decided enough is enough! I do not want to gain another gram.

I have always believed exercise and a balanced diet is the way to go and still do, but with all this additional weight that I have gained, I realised that I needed help.

I called and managed to get an appointment with my doctor.

She was amazing and very empathetic as I sat crying my eyes out. She prescribed me Duromine 15mg for my first month and 30mg for the second month. Not knowing much about it I then came home and “Googled”it. So here I am.

My Stats are as follows:

Height 1.80m
My BMI according to the gym’s computer is 34%
Current Weight: 94kg

My goal weight is 72kg, this means that I have 22kg to loose.

So today, the 27 of February 2013 I dub “Duromine Eve” as tomorrow I unwrap my weight loss present and my journey to a happier me begins.

This is the first time that I have posted on a forum and I would like to share all my experiences and weight loss achievements with you.

So wish me luck as I start!!
22kg to go...going...gone:cool:

Nats
Hi Nats,
Your blog really touched me & I totally understand how you feel. I cried too when I saw my doctor last week. People don't seem to understand that weight can really impact a persons life in anything they do. I'm currently not working which has given me the best opportunity to focus on myself and get fit and healthy again. Two years ago I was slim, completed uni had an awesome job, went traveling & also was dating the guy of my dreams whom I thought I would marry. Well that plan didn't work.
It was only 6 months ago when I got made redundant from work which made me verryy upset.
I became an emotional eater and resorted to food to comfort me. I even broke up with my bf because I didn't want to socialize or even go out of the house. It's very sad what happens to a person when they don't work. Anyway I decided to use the opportunity of not working in a positive way. 'I joined the gym' and I loved it but still was not loosing weight:(
I started duromine this week & so far I haven't had any bad side effects, & I'm sleeping like a baby lol fingers crossed it stays that way.
Anyway Nats, I want to wish you all the best and let you know I'm keen to chat with you and share our good days & bad days using duromine.
Ps, lets hope we have ALOT of good days hahaha

Good day ladies!

Didn't want to barge into your conversation, but couldn't pass by your posts!

Nats, since you were a netball player you can get into shape quicker than anyone else, I believe.

A little of fighting spirit would be nice!

Nattynat, I was touched by your story...loosing your love is the worst! But what's done is done, everything happens for a reason,
so now you have another goal - become slim again. I hope you guys will have great results soon. I really do. My experience took me almost two years so now I'm trying to keep it at the same level and not to gain any gram just like Nats said.

All righty then, you have a great weekend and no side effects!:eek:

Kate

Kate said:
Good day ladies!

Didn't want to barge into your conversation, but couldn't pass by your posts!

Nats, since you were a netball player you can get into shape quicker than anyone else, I believe.

A little of fighting spirit would be nice!

Nattynat, I was touched by your story...loosing your love is the worst! But what's done is done, everything happens for a reason,
so now you have another goal - become slim again. I hope you guys will have great results soon. I really do. My experience took me almost two years so now I'm trying to keep it at the same level and not to gain any gram just like Nats said.

All righty then, you have a great weekend and no side effects!:eek:

Kate
Hi kate,
off course I would love your support. Im adding you as a friend NOW:)
YES your RIGHT 'whats done is done' its time to move forward in my life & achieve my goals.
have a great weekend

It's so nice to hear everyone's stories. Sometimes you don't realize that there are other people going through exactly what you are.

I have never been thin so I wouldn't know how it feels, but I have been (and still are) overweight and it's impossible for anyone to love you if you can't love yourself. I am so embarrassed that I let myself get to this weight.

Today is my 5th day on duromine and I'm looking forward to the time where I can come back to this blog and see how happy everyone is for getting to their goal.

Good luck girls

MissP85 said:
It's so nice to hear everyone's stories. Sometimes you don't realize that there are other people going through exactly what you are.

I have never been thin so I wouldn't know how it feels, but I have been (and still are) overweight and it's impossible for anyone to love you if you can't love yourself. I am so embarrassed that I let myself get to this weight.

Today is my 5th day on duromine and I'm looking forward to the time where I can come back to this blog and see how happy everyone is for getting to their goal.

Good luck girls
Hi Miss P85,
Its day 6 for me, we're only one day apart lol.
Firstly, don't be embarrassed about your weight, because it takes a lot of courage to identify and admit to yourself your weight is an issue thats impacting your life. Only you can change it. Thats what made me join the gym 'accepting that I need to change my weight'.
Secondly, I totally understand how you feel about the famous saying 'you need to love yourself before you can love someone else' I too don't see myself dating for a while, but thats because I want to focus on myself and achieve my goals. Trust me I have a lot of goals to achieve this year, but i'm taking baby steps to climb the ladder of achieving my goals.
good luck with your journey, stay strong & feel free to chat with me and share our experiences with Mr D (I nicknamed Duromine Mr D) because it sounds more positive & fun haha

Hello MissP85!
Yes, it's always a pleasure when someone reaches his/her goal, especially on weight loss, because it's hard.
Welcome here and visit us daily, who knows maybe it will become your mood enhancer and motivator? Please share us your thoughts too!

Good luck you too pretty lady!

Congratulations Nats! Good on you for taking that first step. We are all here to support you and I wish you the very best of luck! Looking forward to sharing our journeys together! xxx

Hey Nat,
Where are you? Hows your weight loss journey going?
I hope all is well :) looking forward to hearing how you're going.

Hi Miss p85,
Where are you? Hows your weight loss journey going? We both started duromine one day apart lol. It would be great to hear how you went:)
i'm looking forward to hearing from you xo

Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and I’m just starting a course of Duromine today. Having just recovered from the shock at the prescription price at the pharmacist I'm now looking to knuckle down and lose some weight. Really looking forward to talking to some of you and will be very keen to hear of any tips and advice you guys experienced when starting off in order to see off any anxiety about side effects, weight loss progress or motivation techniques.

Best wishes to you all with this journey we are taking - Stephen

Hello Stephen!:)
I'm Kate nice to meet you.
Yeah, the price...well, when it comes to such a serious issue I guess it's worth to try..
Welcome to our place and good luck with your journey. You can keep posting your experience and we'll share some ours or give some tips.

Good day!

Kate said:
Hello Stephen!:)
I'm Kate nice to meet you.
Yeah, the price...well, when it comes to such a serious issue I guess it's worth to try..
Welcome to our place and good luck with your journey. You can keep posting your experience and we'll share some ours or give some tips.

Good day!
Thanks Kate. Good to hear from you too.

hey Stephen,
I know what you mean with the anxiety-reading about some peoples side effects freaked me out! all I can say is im on day 6 and u until now no side effects to report,important to eat and sleep as what I can see its the people not doing that which are feeling the worst-how have you found your first day?
jess

Reactions: Belinda
Welcome Stephen, good luck on your weight loss journey : ) I completely agree with Jess, it seems that when you are not fuelling your body with enough water and healthy snacks and meals whilst taking the tablets that's when the side effects can come on strong!