• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Dosing, overdosing, and treatment duration

Do You abuse DUROMINE?

• No,i do as doctor told me

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Yes , i take more then prescribed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Blair! Welcome to the forum and wish you a successful weight loss journey! So, itā€™s time to dust off everything that that relationship put on youā€¦ You are bravo! No turning back now. Get your life back!

Rob gave you a comprehensive idea of what itā€™s like to be on Duromine and what you should and not do, if you want to achieve your weight loss goals. Rob knows it so good, as he is going through his own Duromine journey and is a VERY successful and cheerful ā€˜slimmerā€™.

I would only like to add a couple of points. First one about your question on whether you should start on 15 mg. The manufacturerā€™s recommendation is to start at 30mg and then adjust the dose to whether a lower or a higher one. Doctors, who follow the recommendations, do it like that. Those, who fear of responsibility for possible side effects and are familiar with Duromine action, usually put their patients on 15 mg and increase the dose with each next month.

Racing heart is a common, yet not the best side effect. Yes, you do need to exercises, yet you should avoid active physical loads until your heart rate normalizes. You can walk for now, and if you begin exercising and start feeling your heart pounding, stop immediately. If it gets too bad, or chest pain manifests, call an ambulance. Better safe than sorry.

And yes, everything might settle down within the next 5 days. Donā€™t ignore the dry mouth ā€“ drink. And eat.

Letā€™s see how the 30 mg goes for you. I understand that you canā€™t get a new pack of Duro every week. Many people canā€™t, so itā€™s ok. You might need to take it every other day. If the effect is too strong. Best of luck Blair!

April said:
Hi Blair! Welcome to the forum and wish you a successful weight loss journey! So, itā€™s time to dust off everything that that relationship put on youā€¦ You are bravo! No turning back now. Get your life back!

Rob gave you a comprehensive idea of what itā€™s like to be on Duromine and what you should and not do, if you want to achieve your weight loss goals. Rob knows it so good, as he is going through his own Duromine journey and is a VERY successful and cheerful ā€˜slimmerā€™.

I would only like to add a couple of points. First one about your question on whether you should start on 15 mg. The manufacturerā€™s recommendation is to start at 30mg and then adjust the dose to whether a lower or a higher one. Doctors, who follow the recommendations, do it like that. Those, who fear of responsibility for possible side effects and are familiar with Duromine action, usually put their patients on 15 mg and increase the dose with each next month.

Racing heart is a common, yet not the best side effect. Yes, you do need to exercises, yet you should avoid active physical loads until your heart rate normalizes. You can walk for now, and if you begin exercising and start feeling your heart pounding, stop immediately. If it gets too bad, or chest pain manifests, call an ambulance. Better safe than sorry.

And yes, everything might settle down within the next 5 days. Donā€™t ignore the dry mouth ā€“ drink. And eat.

Letā€™s see how the 30 mg goes for you. I understand that you canā€™t get a new pack of Duro every week. Many people canā€™t, so itā€™s ok. You might need to take it every other day. If the effect is too strong. Best of luck Blair!

Thanks for your feedback!
So is it possible to take it every second day to trial say 2 weeks and then try everyday or should I take it everyday and see if in say 7-10 days things subside? Hmm unsure what to do ! I am exercising and drinking a lot of water I'm usually pretty active.

I am just worried about your increased heart rate (I always worry a lot about bad side effects), so taking it every second day might help your body get used to its action. On the other hand, there are plenty of people, who take it every second day all the way through. It just works for them. You need to see how your hunger levels are on days when you donā€™t take it.

Ah ok I'm only on day 2 and learning a lot from this forum I feel like the doctors leave out a lot of information.
I think I may take it every second day and see how I go as I'm lucky I haven't been at work this week otherwise I would have been too spaced out I feel. My heart is quite strong and when me and my new partner were intimate last night it was like my heart was out of my chest them so we stopped.. thanks again for your advice. I think taking it every second day will allow my body to ease into it as I am only 158cm so I'm very short and as I said no obese just 20 kg more then I should be lol.

Reactions: April
Ahaha, Gosh, I loved it! great mindset!
PS. feel free to ask any questions

Hi ya.. im in Perth Western Australia 26 years old and started yesterday on the 15mg of duromine... am hearing A LOT of horror stories about people having crazy side affects!! Trying not to let it rattle me too much as my friend has had great success on duromine and am hopeing all the good stories are just enjoying it so much they dont post anything!
so iv only been on it 1 day
.. and lost 1.5 kilos... mind u was doing so much running around yesterday
(mum of 3 girls!) So maybe that boosted it? Either way am feeling positive about the whole process .. i have been trying to lose weight after baby number 3 as i ballooned to a whopping 120kilos... so lost 7.5 kilos on my own... before going on duromine.
And now that we have finished having our kids its all about mumma now!!
Want to look and feel sexy again like i did at 21 hahah ! But just trying to get to 90kilos firstly then reassess.
So has any of you uad great success just being on t he low dose? Would love to hear from you all.

Hello Lyla Lu! Welcome to our friendly Duromine community! Congratulations on losing so much weight on your own! Great job! I hope that Duromine will help you in your fight and you will get to your goals in a smooth and fun way.

Weight loss in the first days/weeks is usually the highest, especially in the first week due to the fact that your body gets rid of retained fluid. When the excess fluid is all gone, you will start loosing fat, if you fuel your body properly and donā€™t allow weight loss through muscle burning. So please, make sure that you consume enough healthy food and add exercising. I would advise you to add some strength exercises, since these are good for boosting weight loss and the more muscle mass you have, the more calories your body burns even at rest.

I am a team member of this Forum, and from the experience that I have with success weight loss stories on Duromine, I can tell you that it is sooooo different for each and every person. Some people donā€™t get enough effects even from the 40 mg dose, while other people lose hige amounts of weight on 15 mg and donā€™t switch to higher dose even at their last month on Duromine. So, it dependsā€¦ Fingers crossed

Looking forward to witnessing your weight loss journey and wish you all the luck.

Thanks so much April... i am keeping a weight loss journal and doing my measurements as well as reading the scales! Healthy eating all the way and even a counsellor session or two to help with my emotional eating habbits to beat them once and for all thanks for all the encouragement and info!!

Hi guys! I'm a newbie to the duromine bandwagon and I'm needing some advice.

I started on 30mg duromine last week in the hope of losing extra weight that I've been stuck with for as long as I can remember, and over the past few years it's just crept further up due to lifestyle changes.

Anyway! My issue is that the first few days I started duromine, I noticed a really strong shift in my energy levels and the appetite loss was amazing. I was only eating one meal, which isn't ideal I know, but it gives you an idea of where my appetite was at (zero!). However yesterday my energy level plummeted, I hit a brick wall already at around 12pm and the same happened today. I'm feeling really grumpy as well, but my sleep at night has been fine. I'm also still having 1-2 coffees a day. Admittedly yesterday was my first day back at work after a two week break, so it could be post holiday blues, but I literally feel like I could fall asleep at my desk.

On top of that I haven't seen a shift on the scales, although I have dropped some centimetres off my waist.

On the first 4 days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I was eating less than the normal 1200 calories however the food I had was a mixed bag of things from a few bites of a salad wrap, to a piece of homemade cake, to grilled fish and some chips, to a berry smoothie. (I'm generally a weird eater on the weekend, I'll usually only have one or two proper meals simply because time gets away from me.)
The past two days (Monday and Tuesday) I've had:

Breakfast: 1 wholemeal English muffin with 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: broccoli soup

Snack: celery & carrot with a tbsp of natural peanut butter

Dinner (last night only): tiny portion of some pork and roasted veg.

Water: approx 2L

I've also been doing fasted exercising nearly everyday, two mornings were 45min walks and two were interval running and weights.

I guess my question is, do I stick it out with D for another week and just hope it levels itself out now that I'm eating properly, or should I take a few days off it and start again next week?

Sorry about the long winded post!! Just wanted to be as transparent as possible :). I'd really love any feedback/advice you all have!!!
xo

Last edited:
It takes about a week or so to really see how your body adjusts to the medication. I found about. Month in and it was amazing, really seeing results. And I could spend hours at the gym, I have currently stopped Duromine as I have medical issues going on(non duromine related) so I had lost 7kg in 2 months. How often have you been advised to take them? I found if I took them regularly daily that I lost more weight but found it really hard to get the right amount of daily calorie intake, so I was taking 2nd 3rd day as advised by doc. Good luck, if you can get past the first few weeks and have minor side effects then u should be right ;)

Thanks so much for your reply, that's given me a bit more hope . I was told to take them everyday, so I'll continue to do that and hope it kicks in soon like you said!

Reactions: shanR
Yeah quite shattered I had my end with duromine, but at the start I was like you. But after the side effects worse off and I managed to figure what they were then all of a sudden my motivation came thru, but good Tip donā€™t constantly weigh and keep water intake up, good luck! Move body as much as possible you will start to feel the energy levels rise once the body adapts

I hope you're ok! 7kgs is an awesome result though, well done :). Yeah I tend to get a bit obsessive and want to sneak a look at the scales and measuring tape every morning...probably not the healthiest approach! But you're right, I'll try to resist looking tomorrow morning. Thank you!

Hi @Maree87,
Iā€™m in the same boat on the energy level front. First few days were great & now I just feel normal. Also not a huge drop in weight in the 5 days Iā€™ve been on Duromine only 1.6 kg. Let us know how you go? :)

Hey I'm the same. Just finishing day 6. Today I feel pretty normal. It's like some of my appetite is coming back, but only slightly. So far I've only lost 1 kg. I'm currently down from 84.1 to 83.1kg

Hey @Magie and @Sylvia! Glad to hear it's a common thing, I'm sure the weight loss will kick in for us soon! Your losses in less than a week are great though! Well done. I've read so many of the posts in this forum about massive losses in the first few days but I just need to remember we're all so different. I stopped myself from weighing and measuring this morning, I'll wait a few more days to check again I think.
I felt HEAPS better today though in terms of energy, and not a lot of hunger. I took my tablet a little bit later than usual (6:45am, instead of 5am), I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
The rest of my week is full of social events (aka food) including my birthday, so I'm nervous about how to approach them without letting my plan down. I'm already scared to weigh myself on Monday!! Any tips??

@Maree87 Happy upcoming birthday! Well Iā€™m going away for a long weekend & I do want to be able to have a few glasses of wine so Iā€™m going to stop the Duromine for 2 days while we are away. I spoke to my Dr about it & she said it shouldnā€™t impact the overall results. Will make sure Iā€™m going for at least an hours walk every morning & try to make relatively healthy choices. Avoiding food is always a hard one, we just need to be mindful of what choose & portions. :) Also if you are planning on having a glass of wine definitely skip the Duro for that day.

Thanks @Magie for all the great tips and birthday wishes! I ended up weighing and measuring myself this morning out of curiosity and I've lost a kilo, and another 1.5cm off my waist :). So that's given me motivation to stay on track as much as possible for the rest of the week!

Enjoy your long weekend away and those glasses of wine, you've earnt it! Keep in touch, I'd love to know how you're going ;)

Hi guys

Just wondering if any of you could share the experience of the step up from 30 to 40mg is like?

Hello Traceypew. Since noone's here for now, I can tell you a little from witnessing other people's experiences... It's always different. Some people switch to the highest dose in a smooth way and enjoy the journey. Others find the new side effects too strong and go back to 30 mg, while others decide on switching to every-other-day dosing schedule, and find it fitting them better. It all depends on your individual body response. Tell us how it goes for you, please and best of luck!