• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉

Doctors Who Prescribe Duromine in Brisbane

Missmama said:
Hey Hun. Inbox me. I can’t get a script but I can help you get some.
I messaged you :)

Missmama said:

Me too please :)

Looloo33 said:
Hi! Could you also message me? Same situation :(
Could I please have details of your dr in Brisbane or details on how to get duromine. I live in a small country town with two GPS both old school and no luck since one of the young gps left town and have a me a repeat script no worries!

Hi I'm hoping you can help me find a doctor in Brisbane western suburbs to get a script for Duromine. I have terrible pain in my joints from being overweight and the doctors continue to give me cortisone injections. I feel the injections have contributed to my weight gain as I have gained an 15kgs in the last 12 months on cortisone but my doctor says duromine is bad for you..... but cortisone is continally admitted.
I can't walk for exercise as my hips are my main issues and I've been on a strict diet for 5 months on no carbs, no sugar and no caffiene and still I've lost no weight. My thyroid has been checked and I've had about 9 cortisone injections in total.
Can anyone advise of a doctor who isn't aposed to duromine please?

Reactions: Natty
Hello Rina. You can check this thread. Hope it helps and best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Natty
I’m in a similar situation, pretty desperate if anyone had any advice.

Vanessa Dunbar said:
I’m in a similar situation, pretty desperate if anyone had any advice.
Hi Vanessa, I had an appointment a few days ago with Dr Ria Warfe via GP2U, but I believe she also practices somewhere in Brisbane cbd. I was prescribed 30mg, she was really lovely and helpful.

LiisaJ said:
I got mine from a late night medical centre in Murrumba Downs and it was first recommended to me at a clinic in Redcliffe

I had no issue getting it?
Would you name please I am
Also looking for one

Are you looking for a doctor in Brisbane? Post your query and find a recommendation here.

Hayleyjc said:
Hi Vanessa, I had an appointment a few days ago with Dr Ria Warfe via GP2U, but I believe she also practices somewhere in Brisbane cbd. I was prescribed 30mg, she was really lovely and helpful.
Hi Hayley - do you mind if I ask how you approached the topic with your Dr? Now that I don't have my regular gp who has prescribed duromine for me before i'm not sure if i'm saying the wrong thing as my new GP wont prescribe it.

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a Dr in Brisbane, preferably north side that may consider prescribing duromine. I need a new GP anyway and am also thinking about using it to help shift lockdown kgs before my wedding so would like someone who’d be open to it if I decide to go that way.

LiisaJ said:
I got mine from a late night medical centre in Murrumba Downs and it was first recommended to me at a clinic in Redcliffe

I had no issue getting it?
Hi what was the name of this medical centre and do you mind me asking the doctors name. I’m young and about 85kg exercising most days but weight isn’t shifting and am needing some help. Thanks!

Missmama said:
Hi could you please message me :)

Bklnrea said:
Would you mind messaging me? Im in a similar situation! Thankyou x
Also me.of possible.

jayleemitchell90 said:
Also me.of possible.
Is this thread still active? I’m looking for a doctor in Ipswich who prescribes duromine. My doctor says I don’t qualify, but I am out of all other options!

LibbyL said:
Is this thread still active? I’m looking for a doctor in Ipswich who prescribes duromine. My doctor says I don’t qualify, but I am out of all other options!
Hi LibbyL,

What's your current BMI? Do you have any health issues?

I'm also keen to find a Dr anywhere in Brisbane or even Gold coast if I have to.
My Dr gave me Duromine as I made the BMI level and it was really helping,but as soon as I lost a few kg (1 script) she stopped giving it to me because I was now just under the recommended BMI... I wasn't on it nearly long enough to actually get any meaningful weight loss and I've almost just gone back to where I started, even with lifestyle and diet changes. I'm so annoyed and totally deflated.

For those who do have a BMI over 30 you can try Burst Health online. I was able to get 3 months supply there earlier this year. But once you drop under 30 it is likely they will not redo. For Burst Health - all you have to do is fill in a questionnaire and send a body picture (so they can confirm via the picture you are likely over 30 BMI).

Yes I used them as well and there was no consult with the Dr just a questionnaire and a photo that you provide and within 4 days I got a script of Duromine 30