Duromine & Mental and Mood Issues

Are you eating enough Chrissy? I've experienced that but I have found it is because I hadn't had enough food for the day

Reactions: Kyles
Hi it could be food intake related but also blood pressure can do the same. I find if I'm cleaning and stand up I can get slightly dizzy but once my body adjusts itself I'm OK. If its worrying you I'd talk to your doctor for piece of mind.

I had that, but it was due to just not enough food, it's a scary feeling tho, I was not eating enough, now I make sure I eat every 3 hrs, including a piece of fruit, I suffer low blood pressure, and it can make me a bit dizzy if I not getting enough glucose, I always keep a stash of jelly beans ( chemist ones) it can help if you chew on one or two ( only if lightheaded or dizzy)

So ive been taking duromine for 2 weeks now. And a couple of times ive looked out my window at night time and seen either people poimtimg guns at me but not moving until i look away. Or shadows turning into people and coming towards me. The anxiety i get from this is extremely scary.

Oh something to look forward to! Lol

I'm about to start taking Duromine 30mg tomorrow.
I'm a little concerned about the racing heart, not sleeping side effects as I suffer a little from anxiety and poor sleep.
Has anyone else had anxiety and taken duromine?
Any help would be helpful!

Reactions: Lized
Hi MMK I can relate to what you're saying as i went through the same thing. I suffer from anxiety borderline depression BUT I also knew I had to do something about my weight so my dr has put my on duromine, day 9 for me now. At first I was hesitant because it made me nervous, the first two nights i couldnt sleep. But my advice would be to give them a go, try taking it as early as possible, i take mine at 5am every morning and by 10:30 im ready for a good sleep. Everyone is different when it comes to side effects, if you already have trouble sleeping you my find for a little while youll feel wide awake but anything like heart racing would happen in the first few days then subside. If you have any concerns go back and see your dr within the forst 2weeks

Hi I'm about to start on duromine 30mg and was wondering what weight lose I will be expecting while on it

Reactions: Lilykins
Hi it all depends on the individual as to how much your start weight is, how much exercise you do and what sort of food you'll be eating, all of that will determine how much you will lose. Its day 9 for me now and I have lost 7kg

Reactions: aunthoney
Lilykins said:
Hi MMK I can relate to what you're saying as i went through the same thing. I suffer from anxiety borderline depression BUT I also knew I had to do something about my weight so my dr has put my on duromine, day 9 for me now. At first I was hesitant because it made me nervous, the first two nights i couldnt sleep. But my advice would be to give them a go, try taking it as early as possible, i take mine at 5am every morning and by 10:30 im ready for a good sleep. Everyone is different when it comes to side effects, if you already have trouble sleeping you my find for a little while youll feel wide awake but anything like heart racing would happen in the first few days then subside. If you have any concerns go back and see your dr within the forst 2weeks
Thank you! I shall cross my fingers and see how I go.

Reactions: Lilykins
Goodluck! Hope your duromine journey is successful

I'll normally get angry (rage) when playing video games however, the past week it feels as though my anger has increased and I've become more short fused.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Or does anyone else feel the same?

We have the same start date! :laughing: Excited for us both:) Good luck

Had the tablet at 5.30am today, haven't felt too bad. A little jittery and unorganized, but ok. Definitely haven't felt hungry, although have forced myself to eat a couple of small meals.
Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight!
How are you going?

Hi MMK, I took my first at 5:00am today. At first I thought nothing was happening but after 2-3 hours I started to feel a great clean energy which kept me going all day at work (busy)...and best of all, It is now gone 4pm and I haven't felt hungry at all and the thought of eating has no appeal:laughing: (so unlike me usually trust me!) I am hopeful to sleep tonight having taken it so early. Can't wait for this journey to get properly underway!! Lets share updates here as we are Duromine buddies with the same start date:)

Reactions: April
Sleeping was not successful last night!
Damn it! Only slept for 2hrs with sleeping pills.
Hoping it will be better tonight.

I'm going to weigh every Friday morning, so I'll keep you updated! And please keep me updated, it's definitely good to have others doing the same journey.

MMK said:
Sleeping was not successful last night!
Damn it! Only slept for 2hrs with sleeping pills.
Hoping it will be better tonight.

I'm going to weigh every Friday morning, so I'll keep you updated! And please keep me updated, it's definitely good to have others doing the same journey.

Hello MMK, welcome to the forum and welcome to the Duromine journey! From the bottom of my heart, I wish you that your side effects subside as fast as possible. Don’t forget to drink enough water and eat small healthy meals during the day.

Glad you immediately found a Duromine buddy. Now you can go all the way through and compare your results and feelings. Way to go! Will be dropping in to see how you are doing and answer any questions you might have.

Hello Michael. Just saw your question and I see that it’s been two days since you posted it. How are you doing now? Did your condition improve anyhow?

I didn’t have this side effect, so it’s hard for me to tell you anything about the way it should go. However, bad side effects of Duromine tend to subside in a couple of days.

I have a suggestion for you…. Video games can affect your psychics in a bad way, and they certainly do interfere with weight loss progress. You don’t move when you play… If you could take this rage into the gym or at a swimming pool and work it off, you would do yourself two good things at once. Just don’t be angry with me. =)) I wish you only good and I hope you’re feeling fine by now.

Reactions: Kate
Hey MMK. Sleeping was a bit weird for me too last night, I was awake in the night a lot and woke up early this morning which is my day off so that isn't normal. Took Duromine today at 7am. It is now 3pm and I've eaten a tuna steak with light mayo. Not feeling hungry but still have dry mouth - and a headache has arrived, but it feels like the kind of headache I used to get when I was fasting so its probably just due to lack of food. My weigh-in day will be Wednesday :) Happy Day 2!!

CrankItUp said:
Hey MMK. Sleeping was a bit weird for me too last night, I was awake in the night a lot and woke up early this morning which is my day off so that isn't normal. Took Duromine today at 7am. It is now 3pm and I've eaten a tuna steak with light mayo. Not feeling hungry but still have dry mouth - and a headache has arrived, but it feels like the kind of headache I used to get when I was fasting so its probably just due to lack of food. My weigh-in day will be Wednesday :) Happy Day 2!!

Hey CrankItUp! Glad to know you’re doing well. And yes, headaches can be provoked by not enough food. It would be better if you ate a little bit more often than once a day. =)