disappointed

T

Tracey2

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
I've been on Duromine for 5 days now with 0 weight loss :( I have been having an apple for breakfast an apple for lunch and a piece of meet with Salad and veg for dinner and drinking lots of water and doing a 30 min power walk..... Why haven't I lost anything? I'm seeing so many success exciting stories of people losing big numbers. I am getting disappointed :confounded:

Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441

Premium Member
Nov 6, 2018
I've been on Duromine for 5 days now with 0 weight loss :( I have been having an apple for breakfast an apple for lunch and a piece of meet with Salad and veg for dinner and drinking lots of water and doing a 30 min power walk..... Why haven't I lost anything? I'm seeing so many success exciting stories of people losing big numbers. I am getting disappointed :confounded:
You're not eating enough at all. 5-6 small meals a day is good. Food is fuel. If you go into starvation mode body will hold onto what it has as a protection mechanism. Try eating high protein- low carb.

Reactions: April
T

Tracey2

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
You're not eating enough at all. 5-6 small meals a day is good. Food is fuel. If you go into starvation mode body will hold onto what it has as a protection mechanism. Try eating high protein- low carb.
What would you recommend? I'm 5ft tall and am weighing a heavy 97.8 kilos. I need to loose 42 kilos.

Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441

Premium Member
Nov 6, 2018
What would you recommend? I'm 5ft tall and am weighing a heavy 97.8 kilos. I need to loose 42 kilos.
Give it a bit longer and your body time to adjust to the meds and everything and after 2-3 weeks go see Dr to discuss etc

Pocahontas

Pocahontas

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2019
Australia
I find having a good breakfast, and only a light lunch, dinner helps me. I don't believe in starvation mode as there are lots of positive studies in intermittent fasting :) I think it just boils down to everyone is different - your body reacts differently, there is no one size fits all for weight loss :)

Novadia

Novadia

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2019
Australia
Weight can be all the water you are drinking

A

Angelis

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2019
Australia
You're definitely not eating enough. You need to put in more to burn more.. if that makes sence.. Your body requires between 900-1300 calories a day to lose weight. The more you put in the more energy your body has to burn so the more you lose weight. Your body is in starvation mode. So anything you eat it's holding onto so it can "survive".. My diet consists of. Breakfast: nothing or 2 pieces of toast with vegemite or peanut paste. Snack: dry biscuits with cheese and gerkin. Lunch: (if home) sandwich or roll or salad. (If out) a roll or Chinese. Snack: either fruit or a raw carrot. Dinner: meat with veggies. Carrots, peas, beans, corn, mashed potato. Water intake is about 2 litres a day.. nearly half way through my second month and I've lost just over 10kg. I try not to take my duromine every day.

Reactions: Tracey2
T

Tracey2

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
You're definitely not eating enough. You need to put in more to burn more.. if that makes sence.. Your body requires between 900-1300 calories a day to lose weight. The more you put in the more energy your body has to burn so the more you lose weight. Your body is in starvation mode. So anything you eat it's holding onto so it can "survive".. My diet consists of. Breakfast: nothing or 2 pieces of toast with vegemite or peanut paste. Snack: dry biscuits with cheese and gerkin. Lunch: (if home) sandwich or roll or salad. (If out) a roll or Chinese. Snack: either fruit or a raw carrot. Dinner: meat with veggies. Carrots, peas, beans, corn, mashed potato. Water intake is about 2 litres a day.. nearly half way through my second month and I've lost just over 10kg. I try not to take my duromine every day.
Wow some of the food you have listed surprise me and would of thought it is on the no good for weight loss list. What portion sizes so you recommend? Do you think a 30 min walk is enough excersise?

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Duromine works by suppressing your appetite. However, sometimes its effect can be too strong to the extent that people have no appetite at all and can struggle to eat anything all day. You may think that less food = more weight loss, but it's not true here. There is an ideal amount of calories that you should consume to successfully lose weight, and getting that balance right is the key to losing weight with Duromine. If you’re consuming too few calories each day, your body’s reaction is to think that there are lean times ahead, meaning that it will turn your metabolism right down and cling onto any fat that comes its way, which means you are less likely to lose weight.

Reactions: Tracey2
A

Angelis

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2019
Australia
Wow some of the food you have listed surprise me and would of thought it is on the no good for weight loss list. What portion sizes so you recommend? Do you think a 30 min walk is enough excersise?
Anything everything is ok in moderation.. We can't completely cut every bad thing out our diet.. I have takeaway maybe once a week. I drink maybe 1 can worth of soft drink a week at the very maximum but most of the time it's no soft drink. With bread I have multigrain Instead of white. As white is a lot heavier and multigrain is full of the good stuff.. if you goto bakers delight you can get a hi-fibre low carb bread. It's so nice. I don't eat processed meats they are full of crap. On my rolls or sandwiches, I just have salad.. very minimal mayo if any at all.. As for portion size.. I've halved it.. I use to eat a fair bit of meat and veggies. I have changed from using a full size dinner plate to a smaller plate. In between a dinner plate and a bread plate. I have 1-2 bits of meat and a cup of veggies with half a cut of mashed potato..

B

BrezColin

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
@Angelis Does sugar free soft drink count as soft drink? If I have a can of Pepsi max every night is it going to affect weight loss? Or do I have to cut it out completely?

A

Angelis

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2019
Australia
@Tracey2 Exercise wise well that's upto you. I don't exercise at all. Well I do but I don't do any extra then I've been doing for the past year.. For my my exercise consists of cleaning the house and cleaning my mum's. Plus at work I can do anywhere between 7000 steps a day or up and over 18,000 steps a day.. I hit my record last week of 21,274 steps at work alone (8 hours) just shy of 24,000 for that whole day from waking up at 5am to going to bed at 9pm. I slept very well that night. Lol..

A

Angelis

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2019
Australia
@Angelis Does sugar free soft drink count as soft drink? If I have a can of Pepsi max every night is it going to affect weight loss? Or do I have to cut it out completely?
I think personally it's just as bad.. it doesn't have any sugar as such but it has refined sugar and also has more caffeine and other stuff added to it to make up for the "no added sugar" If you want a fizzy drink try sparkling water.. it literally had nothing in it but sodium (salt) have a glass a day of that with a slice of lemon or lime or any fruit you like and it gives you that fizzy drink without the bad stuff. To much salt is bad for you but if you have a glass a day it's not going to hurt you.

B

BrezColin

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
I think personally it's just as bad.. it doesn't have any sugar as such but it has refined sugar and also has more caffeine and other stuff added to it to make up for the "no added sugar" If you want a fizzy drink try sparkling water.. it literally had nothing in it but sodium (salt) have a glass a day of that with a slice of lemon or lime or any fruit you like and it gives you that fizzy drink without the bad stuff. To much salt is bad for you but if you have a glass a day it's not going to hurt you.
Oh no I love Pepsi I’d rather lose a toe than lose vanilla Pepsi :confounded: Oh well, thank you so much for your help! I will incorporate this into my evening ‘wind down’ ritual :)

T

Tracey2

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
Duromine works by suppressing your appetite. However, sometimes its effect can be too strong to the extent that people have no appetite at all and can struggle to eat anything all day. You may think that less food = more weight loss, but it's not true here. There is an ideal amount of calories that you should consume to successfully lose weight, and getting that balance right is the key to losing weight with Duromine. If you’re consuming too few calories each day, your body’s reaction is to think that there are lean times ahead, meaning that it will turn your metabolism right down and cling onto any fat that comes its way, which means you are less likely to lose weight.
I see...

T

Tracey2

Standard Member
Dec 25, 2020
@Angelis How many biscutes do you have with cheese as a snack ?

A

Angelis

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2019
Australia
Fuck the bread off :laughing:
I agree @Ann88 .. slowly getting there.. gone from having about 6 slices a day to maybe 4 a week.. eventually I'll get to none at all.. just don't want to shock my body and cut things out straight away..

A

Ann88

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2020
I agree @Ann88 .. slowly getting there.. gone from having about 6 slices a day to maybe 4 a week.. eventually I'll get to none at all.. just don't want to shock my body and cut things out straight away..
nar you can do it! It's all mental!! Yeah you can feel fucked from not having certain things after you've always had them but just know that the shit feeling won\'t last forever. And it'll be worth it in the long run!